đŸ§Ș Early Information on New War Rules [Part of The Beta Beat V32 & V33]

I personally love all of this. Yeah, it probably needs some tweaking, but anything that adds some variety and challenge is good by me. Even if the implementation isn’t perfect (and this is only the first beta, chill people!), the fact that they’re trying to come up with new stuff to keep things interesting makes me happy.

12 Likes

The gimmicks are boring in tournament and those are personal. Using the same gimmicks in a war where it affects 30 people is dangerous.

2 Likes

If this happen, I might say the Game is totally broken.

Imagine you compete with high Alliance.
You gonna meet like 10-20 Alfrike in this War.

And it is just nonsense.

3 Likes

So what would happen if that case happen and the game only ask 3 defense? Will the game crash (bug)?

I guarantee you, a base destroyed more than 3 times is a common thing.

In our war, 10 weakest opponents is almost guaranteed to get destroyed at least 5 times.

We are not even top 1000 alliance.

Why very fast rule and not bloody battle rule? It would be a refreshment after all these field aids.

2 Likes

First of all, I am glad they are doing something with the wars. The Telluria Wars Era is ultraboring and superfrustrating. Not to mention that defensive teams are stale and I’m not even thinking about them anymore, even forgot you can actually change them before every war.

Now, to the details:

Are they going to be replaced? Please tell me they are going to be replaced and not kept in the cycle.

I generally see what they attempt to do, but I am not sure if they would achieve this. So if fire is strong element, I may feel forced to swap my green tank to something else (water or fire perhaps), or remove green hero from my war squad at all and replace them with fire. So if I swap my Telluria for Aegir - will Aegir hold my defense better than Telluria with slight disadvantage? Would Ares or Gravemaker hold better than her thanks to 10% more def? Would placing a hero with weak troop just because of the element buff serve my defense better? Well I highly doubt it. War attacks are unfortunately about who gets to charge first, and with Telluria not allowing you to charge after she fires, it’s unlikely that this rule would change much. Unless the buff was really notable and not so randomly low. Yea Telluria tanks would do slightly worse when fire is charged up, but it’s not like you would prefer to take 3x fire 4 star teams instead of your regular mono or 3-2 stacks of legendary heroes. You can’t just take 6 teams of fire against green tanks just because of the rule, or put 5 red heroes in the defense for it. Imho this rule won’t change much, you could probably even forget that it’s there, like the family bonuses. Now, it would be perhaps interesting to add elemental debuff - like all green heroes have 30% less defense. Now this could have an impact. Or even more interesting - all green heroes have -30% defense, but +30% attack.

I have to admit I don’t really get that one. Are they trying to encourage using minion-destroyer heroes here? I like that it might make the battles last longer and therefore be less prone to starting board rng, but it looks to be wrong approach to achieving the right thing.

Now that’s interesting, would definitely make people reconsider the classic GTV use in these matches, and also force some timing and strategy thinking from the attackers. I like this one.

but definitely don’t like this one. 5 star rush tournaments are RNG clown fiesta and I definitely don’t want to see anything like that in my wars. Of course, my Alfrike and Guardian Owl would be very happy about this, but war points would drop below 3000 for sure, and frustration levels would be off the charts.

When we’re on it, why not change to 5 flags per round instead of 3? Having 10 attacks per war and not 6 would definitely shake the things up, and I’m pretty sure most rosters would be ready for it. Shouldn’t require that much of coding.

7 Likes

Nothing final at this stage. Staff are still working out which rules will/ not make it out of beta (based on testing & feedback).

Then from there they will be working out if they are in addition to or replacing some or all of the existing rules.

1 Like

no, SG, dont mess with wars. everything you touch, you turn to :poop:
and dont bring the tournament, the hugest pile of :poop: created by SG, rules into wars! there is already too much board influence on the outcome, but at least you have a chance to turn it around in later rounds. with very fast rule, you are pretty much done if the starting board sucks.

Maybe an average speed rule would work
 still makes the slow heroes better but not op and makes fast/VF heroes worse so would require different strategies.

Levels the playing field as well as ensuring starting boards aren’t the decider? Potentially a bit “boring” though

9 Likes

And in the end defense would be at advantage anyway, because you usually can’t counter average tank with average offense, you need fast or very fast. But I’d still like ‘every hero is average’ over ‘every hero is very fast’.

2 Likes

Look like a good ideea to bring a bit of variety in the war. But buffs are really small. Plus 10 % defence to the red heroes, is very small. I dont think that someone will change Telluria only for that.

I think with soo small buffs, will still have Telluria empires for a looooooonnnnnnngggggg time.

Updated this section now that I’ve had a chance to do some testing of this war rule.

My Initial thoughts:

• It definitly seems to favour the attacking team much more than the defending team.

• For the Defending team to really get any effect from this buff, the heroes should be in the Flank or (better) the wing position.

• This will not entice (IMO) any change in the war fields
 mainly because tanks won’t recieve virtually any benefit from this change but also because re-embleming costs are really high
 so players won’t indulge in that for a small defence stat boost & some healing

7 Likes

Except some of us win 70% of raids and average somewhere between 4 and 5 one shots per war running mono stacks. It is difficult to understand how this might be down to luck. Sure, any given win requires tiles in your color and that is down to rng. But looking at any given win isnt even remotely interesting. Question is how well a given approach performs over many many attacks. Mono performs extremely well when looks at from a long term perspective.

1 Like

I use 3-2 and win 5-6 one shot per war.

Never like mono, too random.

Am hitting teams that are +500 tp higher on average. Its like playing loose agressive in nlhe. Sure, there is higher exposure to rng. But that works both ways. But anyway, to each his own.

1 Like

hope none of this will go live, we dont need new war rules/ field aids

give us the long time ago promised costumes for S1 heroes
give us a better hero academy which is actually useless for both free players and high spenders except for troops training
give usbetter war matchamking
stop lowering very loots
get rid of this ugly baloon

3 Likes

Are the numbers increasing on the 6th activation or the numbers at the 5th activation are the max ?

Absolutely. No one of this new rules not make sence to change your defence from Telluria (15+) in center to something else.

3 Likes

oh this is
 gonna be fun. 
 :frowning:
wars are my favourite part of this game, i’m nervous if these changes go live that i won’t find them fun anymore

1 Like

Yes, I agree too.
Banning some colors can be the only 100% sure solution for that.

3 Likes