đŸ§Ș Early Information on New Tower of Magic Event [Part of The Beta Beat v41]

They should just increase energy to 15 per day. 5 days, 75 energy.

If it’s harder than NT, the die hards will buy flasks at 50gems each, to complete.

They can even sell more flasks, say 10 flasks. Instead of 5 for NT.

This way, most players should be okay, I think. Both the f2p, c2p, and p2p.

6 Likes

agree i was thinking about it too

1 Like

Can you tell me how is this figure is known/calculated?

If an employee is paid hourly for 40 hours per week, but can work another 20 hours per week of over time—would we consider them only having worked the week if they did 60 hours?

If a bachelors degree has 120 credits of required classes to be earned, but for the same tuition students can take another 21 credits of electives would they not be considered a "graduate’ if they only earned the required 120 credits?

I do agree that this is basic English and common sense.

I have not seen anything that indicates that there is only 10 flags per day and that the event is only 5 days. Either of those numbers can change the math to be more favorable. I am surprised that there is so much dialogue in here about a "fact’ that has not been released as of yet.

4 Likes

Over the placement. With floor 49 you were around place 50k. So 50k people before you either finished floor 49 with more points, or floor 50.

3 Likes

Not looking forward to the event nor heroes.

1 Like

I’m not sure with which side I agree on this, but your examples are biased. I can do the same the other way round.

If a cook tells you your meal is finished after the soup but there is a steak and a cake optional would you say you had a full meal with only the soup? Yes the cook said so, but I’m pretty sure most people wouldn’t think so.

1 Like

We had 10 flags/day in Beta and the event length was 5 days, but yes, you are right everything can change even the floor numbers too

We have asked clarifications about SGs plans about this, and planned release date, etc

They have just told that they noted our questions, but they haven’t provided answer yet.
Maybe they do not have a final answer yet for these, and they will provide more information next time the event arrives to Beta.

9 Likes

Question on the stacks of blessings. Do some of these blessings, like 200hp when a hero casts special skill, if you have 2 of those blessings, does that increase to 400hp?

Also, do the blessings from the normal quest transfer to the impossible quest? or do you have to start from scratch on the impossible quest?

There is a big difference between work/academic and game world. In work/academic, you are required to do the job up to certain hours or take the class up to certain credits. In game, you want to do what you want to experience.

I am not looking forward to do 60th hour work or taking 180th academic credits but I want to expereince 75th floor of Magic Tower.

Work and academic are not recreation, game is recreation.

If you view Magic Tower as test instead of recreation, yes, just as SG stated, Magic Tower is completed at floor 25.

But Magic Tower is part of game, not just a test. I don’t merely want to complete the test of Magic Tower (floor 25). I also want to complete 75th floor. This is no longer about tower completion but about highest floor completion.

Never before a playing field in EP was blocked solely by gems.

It is almost similar to a tournament with 25 attacks limit but they only give 17 flags while the remaining 8 flags have to be bought. But don’t worry, they consider you to have completed the tourney after 8 wins and give you some consolation prize but to get the ranked rewards, it still based on all 25 attacks.

9 Likes

Thanks for that. Was that screen captured post-event?

I worked in restaurants for over 15 years and have been eating out 3-4 times per week for the last 30+ years and in that time I have never, not once, had a cook tell me when my meal is finished. This example seems nonsensical and irrelevant.

Regardless, providing a contrary example does not negate the examples I provided. Look at the context. My examples would need to be to be shown as factually false to benefit the argument here. If my points can’t be refuted (they can’t) then the point stands (it does).

Thanks and that was point. Last time in beta for the NT it was indicated at 100 floors and that was not what was released. I am generally not a fan of pre-complaining. I prefer to hold my gripes to release :slight_smile:

Game rules are based on published rules, not three “I wants.” I am with you. I would want to finish as much as possible (I finish every single daily quest), but I accept that if the rules say the game/challenge/event is over at point X, I don’t understand debating that point. Rules are rules :slight_smile:

and this hasn’t happened yet. This is in beta for a reason and has not been released with 50 flags for 75 floors. Let’s wait to see what the release looks like—shall we?

2 Likes

Well, I am not debating about where the completion challenge or magic test is over, which is floor 25. But what I want is free possibility of completing the last floor, not merely completing the challenge/test. Lets just hope they give flags at least equal to the number of floors.

4 Likes

What I know it was. We have one guy in our line group collecting data like crazy :sweat_smile:

He made a graph about placements and points from Ninja tower, collected little bit over 300 Screenshots the last time. And he also had some from floor 49 all around place 50k. So that seems to be around the number of finishers.

Nobody said anything different. But just because you can find examples pro something doesn’t mean the thing can only be seen that way, as I said there can easily be found examples the other way.

And also your examples aren’t really correct, at least in my country.

The grade doesn’t depend on how much he does, but how well he does.
If he does 120 credits and all perfect he will get good grade. The one with 21 more credits won’t get automatically better grades because he has done more. If his work is ■■■■ he will get worse grades.
Magic tower isn’t like that if you do more, you are automatically better, because floor ranking beats points (at least that was my last information) so you can do absolutely ■■■■, play 10 minutes per level and if you get one floor higher you are better ranked than someone with a crazy score who “finished”

If you don’t like the meal example you can have some more :grimacing:

There is a run which is 75 km long. After 25 km you are first and get a notification that says, congrats you finished the run, but there are 50 more kilometers to run if you want. But you have to pay for it if you want go on.
So whoever pays and run will get a better placement in the ranking and better prices. The winner will get 10k €, the top ten an expensive bicycle, the top 1k 500€ coupon.
And you reached the so called “finish line” first, but only get a flower, because you refused to pay and run on and a lot of people doing far worse run a little bit farther and so were ranked before you.
I mean again of course you finished the race because someone said so, but in reality all your training, the effort you put into the race waisted, because in the end you get nothing for “finishing”.

8 Likes

Even if the effect of floor in ranking only apply up to floor 25, you are still correct about academic credit is not a good comparison. People who did 168 credits doesn’t necessarily have better grades than those who did 144 because the grades are based on the average from those credits, not accumulation. Meanwhile, the score of the tower is accumulation, so your score will increase each time you complete a floor.

The work hour might be a better comparison, but I don’t think they ask you to pay something before you can work overtime.

3 Likes

If one looks back at which my original statement was in response, one would see the statement that my examples refuted. That said: My examples would need to be to be shown as factually false to benefit the argument here. If my points can’t be refuted (they can’t) then the point stands (it does).

Showing contrary examples does not help here 
 my points would need to be invalidated for the original argument (that I refuted) to stand.

If someone says “no one can eat 100 burgers” and I show an example of two people that have, in fact, eaten 100 burgers, showing more and more people that can’t eat the 100 burgers doesn’t refute my point in the slightest.

This is even more nonsensical than the restaurant example. Again, my point(s) would need to be invalidated here and they can’t be as they are facts.

If we would like to consider an actual race that exists in the real world, I have participated in a 5K donut race where at the 1st mile runners can stop, eat 1 donut 
 and at the 2nd mile 
 stop, eat 2 donuts and one last stop at mile 3 for 3 donuts.

Runners do not have to stop and eat donuts. Those that do, get an added time bonus.

Is this fair? Yes.
Why? Because is is the rules of the race and we knew it when we entered!!

2 Likes

Jak moĆŒna zagrać w wersji beta??

We all play for rewards.
We don’t all pay for them.
Why is there semantics over the word finished?

The business strategy thus far, has been to encourage players to spend.
Not require it

@yelnats_24 the paywall is running amuck anyway

No one who is spending money daily on this game, will experience that.
Unless the population continues withering. Other games have bots though. Perhaps an algorithm can replace the selfish F2P population after running them off. Give big spender someone to play with and keep milking them.

Even if I was still wasting money on pixels with a shelf-life. The amount of time required for floor 75

why torture yourself?

I did all quests, tournaments, trials, titans, wars, and pov. About 9 months ago I skipped the ninja tower. I just didn’t have time

Once you skip something, the door to stop doing other things also

is kicked wide open! Seems to me, there is an unintended encouragement in the new business model.

2 Likes

Everyone has opinions, and I think this is the what community used tobe.
For me, I would try to tell what I and some of my alliance want to give some opinion.
And before it is to late until release, members should give feedback, so that can be read by SG or forwarded by beta users, etc. And hope has been change before release. Just like NT, New Hero etc

translate: How can I play in beta?

I’m not beta user, there is apply form beta, but I think it is closed right now.

4 Likes

I think we are missing each others point.

I don’t dispute there ability to make rules. They can put a finish line wherever they want. It’s their game and they can do with it what they want.

I’m also not disputing that it’s fair. Yes, everyone knows what will happen (at least the few hundred people reading the forum, will be interesting to see if they implemente those rules understandable for the million people who just play the game and never look into the forum, but that’s another story) so of course it’s fair as far as fairness can go in such a game.

But what I’m disputing is the usefulness of this rule. The finish line is completely random set and completely worthless.
I can stop at lvl 23 without finishing and will probably receive nearly the same loot and a very similar useless placement as people who “finish”.
If I finish I will have a placement somewhere around 600 000 or don’t know where, even if I was first there.

So although they can make rules however they want, and yes those rules are to some kind fair because most people have the same chances at least in theory and if they pay. But that doesn’t mean I have to like those rules or that they make any sense. This finish is worthless and that’s the problem.
You don’t gain anything from finishing, you don’t gain anything from finishing as the best, why bother to finish at all? If you want to be good you have to go on. If you don’t care you don’t need this finish line, you can stop wherever you want.

They could also tell you, that the next Ninja tower is finished after lvl 10 and the next 40 lvls are bonus and you have to pay for them. Does that change anything for the Ninja tower in reality? No, the only change with this virtual finish line is that you have to pay for reaching the top of the tower and a good placement.

4 Likes

Honestly I thought the NT was primed for people that have time and money.
Folks with jobs would look at the leaderboard in awe. But it got mobbed like everything else.

Maybe they need an event like that where someone that has 90+ 5* fully leveled and no job, can be declared the greatest player in the game.

4 Likes

So
 are this game going to adopt nonsensical rule?

:joy: