šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New Sand Empire Hero & Family [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

My maxed Rana feels slighted.

1 Like

Comparing Roc to Jean, Jean does 302 to all at fast over 2 turns (more per turn, less chance to cleanse), Jean also has ice defense up and the ability to flip a defense debuff to a defense buff, and to put it kindlyā€¦ Jean isnā€™t widely regarded as a great hero, most believe him to be average at best. Iā€™d be careful calling for a nerf on a hero that isnā€™t much better than Jean at face value (outside of the cleanse, but more of that is needed in game anyway).

2 Likes

Sure itā€™s a lot compared to Yunan and Rana, but at same time does 68 more in DoT compared to JF (over extra turn) and seems inline with him.

Iā€™m kinda interested in knowing how successful this is in beta because itā€™s means playing rainbow and DoTs would likely cycle as different colors charge at different times. Even if they all charged together, it adds up to like 450 DoT per turn?

1 Like

But a fast cleanse (almost) instantly makes Roc much better than Jean in todayā€™s meta?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I stated outside of the cleanse, cleanse does give this hero the edge over Jean for sure, in my opinion, but I donā€™t think an edge over jean (with something as passive as cleanse) is reason to call for a nerf.

1 Like

Cleansers are a rare breed in this game especially with Zim being only fast cleanser & Viv in holy which is slow. I wouldnā€™t mind another given current meta of DoT and Telly

1 Like

Itā€™s interesting I suppose depending on your point of reference.

If you compare to the other sand heroes only, Roc is definitely OP just in that small tiny bubbleā€¦

Which is problematic I guess for different reasons, because the comparison canā€™t just be made within that bubbleā€¦

Thatā€™s been true in all of the revamped eventsā€¦the new heroes, like Finley, Jabberwock, Killhare, etc., have all had higher base stats (and in many cases better specials) than the older heroes from the same event.

1 Like

We could also compare Finley to the other pirates, but I donā€™t think thatā€™s super helpful. Rana is a solid hero, yunan is still a very good tank, Roc seems like a strong dot hero with some needed cleanse. My initial reaction and my reaction still is not to pull in this event as I already have Rana, donā€™t need yunan and Roc would be nice but not worth really going for with no other new heroesā€¦ I think in order for them to get pulls here, he had to be fairly solid, which he seems to be.

2 Likes

Yes the new releases are definitely stronger but the contrast between Roc and the other Sands here is pretty stark and obvious.

With the exception of Finley perhaps the progression hasnā€™t been that out of hand

If itā€™s holy it must be yellowā€¦ or light brownā€¦ with the sand empire backgroundā€¦ I imagine something like this
roccc

1 Like

I find this interesting. I am not sure I would bring them together based on AOE in order to get a defensive bonus. Since the DOT does not stack it just over writes it. It would become a game of timing when to fire specials (especially if you go 3-2).

Roc looks good the way it is written but if I was lucky enough to pull him, he would find himself on a different team than my Rana, Gafar or my Yunan.

Itā€™s .09% chance to pull her. Not like HOTM that would be everywhere, I hesitate to compare her to other Sand (in part because I have never pulled one) but instead compare her to other seasonal. Sand is seriously lacking compared to Lepus/Killhare of Spring and if they are upgrading each season then they need to upgrade. Not pump out someone that no one usesā€¦like Rama and Yunan.

Hey now, its not ā€œno one usesā€ for Rana and Yunan! I have both and use both all the time. I actually love Yunan as my Defence Team Tank, runs at about a 65% win ratio!

I only compared Roc to Yunan and Rana seeing as they are the other heroes in the familyā€¦ I agree tho that Yunan and Rana and the other Sand Empire heroes need a bit of a boost beyond just a family bonus thoā€¦ they are considerably underpowered compared to most of the other Seasonal Heroes in the game.

4 Likes

Well itā€™s a bit same as Jean tho.
Roc doesnā€™t give any initial damage. Only pure DOT.

Probably the best to make it less a bit for DOT like 312 per 3 turn or 300

I read some comments and see that some comment as if they were going to get the hero of the event ā€¦ it is easier to be drawn in the Seine than to win hero of event 5 *. Letā€™s get real. The few decent heroes we get, they nerf.

Further on this about the Sand Empire heroes being a bit underwhelming:

I wonder if there is some potential for the existing Sand Empire heroes to get a bit of a balance/ upgradeā€¦

I ask cause if you look at Roc, s/he is pretty well on par with what the current era of heroes areā€¦ but if you compare Roc to the existing Sand Empire heroes (Rana & Yunan) s/he looks WAYYY strongā€¦

I think itā€™s a pretty good indicator that that all the Sand Empire heroes need a little boostā€¦ even if itā€™s just say a Stat Boost or even a slight bump in their special skill abilitiesā€¦

Yunan (Slow)

• 161% direct DoA5 ā†’ 180% direct DoA5
  • 339 DoT over 3 ā†’ 350 or 375 DoT over 3

Rana (Average)

• 185% direct DoA3 ā†’ 210% direct DoA3 (But could be 235% same as Jabbar currently is!)
  • 402 DoT over 3 ā†’ 450 DoT over 3

Jabbar (Average)

• 235% direct DoA3 ā†’ 250% DoA3
  • 172 DoT over 4 ā†’ 200 DoT over 3

Gafar (Fast)

• 260% direct damage ā†’ 280% direct
  • 228 DoT over 4 ā†’ 250 DoT over 3

Arman (Slow)

• 130% direct DoA5 ā†’ 150% direct DoA5
  • 92 DoT over 4 ā†’ 100 DoT over 3

Hissan (Fast)

• 280% direct ā†’ no change needed IMO
  • 104 DoT over 4 ā†’ 104 DoT over 3
7 Likes

Maybe itā€™s also a play on words based on the roqueā€¦ wich is castlingā€¦ and pronounced like ā€œrockā€ā€¦

BUTā€¦is it a Male or a Female? :eyes:

1 Like

I also just realised Roc can stand for Republic of Chā€¦

But perhaps I shouldnā€™t get into that, that would open up a can of worms :rofl: