šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New Morlovia Heroes (Halloween) & Family Bonus [Part of The Beta Beat V32]

ye and how much of them do you find in defense? very low chance on kong and costume domitia, lady locky iā€™ve never seen in def same for Roc, lady lock have seen few but still you can deny her with a cleanser that why you do not find her much in defense. About rigard,sonia and caedmon they are 4* above 2400 trophy you do not find anymore 4* in defense.

Roc is the only new hero in that event, they probably think it wonā€™t make a lot of interest anyway.

Does that mean Vanda is as good as GM in flanking Telly?

1 Like

I should say Yes.

Cause Vanda will give 3 turn resist.
And 3 turn steal health.

You canā€™t heal yourself and already got DOT from Vela.
(Unless you use C.Rigard) cause normal Richard will just make it worseā€¦

2 Likes

How exactly have you wasted the rings?

Well I was right in my prediction of a Jack Oā€™Lantern (well, headless horseman, same diff) hero with pumpkins, but disappointed he wasnā€™t a red 4* with pumpkin minions for CoD to chop up!

2 Likes

Who talks about defense? You talked about the fact that cleans often comes with a heal meaning you are facing Vanda meaning you are the offender who needs a cleanse :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

These new Morlovia hereos are not defensive hereos but offensive ones.

Maybe Vanda can be used on defense but sheā€™s not OP as a defender, you can dispell her block or cure her drain and she does not hit hard so itā€™s manageable.

I will need to ā€œhealā€ with Noorā€¦

ye in fact you have to see which heroes you find in defense that can counter these heroes that you use in attack

Nobody cares about that. Defense is meant to be break whatever hereos you use.

Event hereos are too rare to change the meta and people wonā€™t change their defense just because few people may have Vanda or Francine.

OP offensives hereos have never been a problem only OP defenders are.

6 Likes

I doubt any red hero will be more potent than Gravemaker, or even close to. SGG will likely not allow Vanda to even be considered a worthy replacement, since heā€™s their literal poster child for tavern of legends every single time.

They will likely tone her down even if sheā€™s ~2% worse in terms of winrate, as thatā€™s not enough of a margin.

2 Likes

Unlikely to be happened lol. RIP Noor
:man_facepalming::joy:

*Still hope she got buff tho. Maybe heal like Heimdall but +250 HP

1 Like

Donā€™t worry, I always bring Noor against GTV but I wonder what VaTVe means for my Boldtusk and Rigardā€¦

1 Like

Oh boyyy!!! Canā€™t wait to use all my hero tokens on this event! The new heroes all sound reallyyyy appealing! :grin:

I have the current 3 best Christmas heroes. Maybe the new 5 and 4 stars will be OP, but Iā€™m going for diversity as I donā€™t need a third buddy.

This was a good call out for others. If I didnā€™t have any Christmas heroes maybe Iā€™d use 5-10 pulls on Halloween, but Iā€™d be mostly saving for Christmas.

I donā€™t believe that to be the case. Iā€™ve not personally struggled with her, and would much rather face her on an opponentā€™s defense than a few other reds, but for some reason only a few people are running a VTV defense. Many are running just their standard current defenses or other weird defensive lineups that arenā€™t ideal to test against (like all the Halloween heroes together, even the 3* for some reason) so Iā€™ve only been able to face good defenses with her maybe a dozen times.

1 Like

So how that change your attack team? Especially in using healer?

Having used both, Iā€™m currently leaning towards Grazul being the better of the two, tough both are strong attackers in the current meta. Vanda is clearly better defensively, but is more of a nuisance than a threat. Just for perspective, on offense her attack is hitting for 80 damage or so. Personally I prefer a heal over 80 damage and an extra turn of immunity, but it is probably close.

3 Likes

The problem is not the extra elemental damage, it has been around since the beggining and it was never an issue until Vela showed up with his insane special skill with fast mana.

For facing Vanda defenses you do have to adjust your attack a bit. My attack teams that tend to rely on DoT or status effects are less effective, and so are teams builds than run a bunch of healers and rely on tile damage. I just try to bring more direct damage like snipers or strong hit-3 heroes and burst the opponents down.

Yes, Vanda forces you to hold off healing, which can be a major nuisance, but she also does such poor damage that I find that my heroes stay healthy longer and I have more time to correct poor boards and charge my heroes. It is also worth noting that as soon as she dies the vampire effect is removed and you can fully heal.

Donā€™t get me wrong, sheā€™s a good defender but I havenā€™t found her to be quite as much of a threat as current top red defenders.

6 Likes

For me, I still bring costumed Rigard against Vanda. I havenā€™t rolled Styleā€™s team yet, but I did roll others using Vanda+Telluria+blue flank (some using Finley, others Vela, one was using Skadi).

I purposely shot tiles Vandaā€™s way and let her use her skill on me. Then I used cRigard. Since costumed Rigard applies HoT, then cleanses, no healing was stolen. Because HoT only activates after my turn is over :rofl:

So yeah, honestly the vampirism might be OP against certain team makeups (I wouldnā€™t bring default Rigard against her, thatā€™s for sure) but with the appropriate tools Vanda is honestly more threatening because of her ailment shield. That thing protecting Telluria is annoying. That and her occasional delay talent can be a nuisance.

The vampirism is not an issue for me, and her damage is so bad that I have no issue taking it.

What killed me in those raids was usually a bad cascade towards a wing Drake or Jabberwock or similar. Vanda was more of an annoyance than an issue defensively ā€“ I think sheā€™s a much better offensive hero. And frankly I hope the devs donā€™t nerf her too much, a lot of overreaction in her beta feedback thread but I donā€™t see her as that good.

Sheā€™s much better than Victor indeed, but letā€™s be real, Victor is mediocre :stuck_out_tongue: Best thing about him IMO is the defense buff to all alliesā€¦ I think that points more towards Victor needing a buff than Vanda needing a nerf.

5 Likes