šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New Knights of Avalon Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V23]

Iā€™d like to see the rare and epic event rates doubled and the legendary rates switched so like this:

Rare Classic Hero: 55.2%
Epic Classic Hero: 15.1%
Legendary Classic Hero: 1.0%

Rare Event Hero: 15.8%
Epic Event Hero: 11.4%
Legendary Event Hero 1.5%

I donā€™t see how doing this would hurt anything honestly. All it does is change the odds of getting an event hero from 1/6 to 1/4 basically. Still highly unlikely to pull that coveted event 5* you want (especially with more being added), but rewards players with actual event heroes instead of the TC ones they can get the rest of the month.

3 Likes

Itā€™s more or less the same as before so far, except that Suspicious Chests can throw a wrench in the old strategy for high scores.

There isnā€™t consensus on the best way to address that yet for people trying to compete. Iā€™m sure top competitors will be experimenting in the September event to figure that out.

1 Like

They did say that the enemy would be an extremely rare occurrence. If it is as rare as the sea dragons, it may not effect gameplay much at all.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if the appearance rate in Beta matches what itā€™ll be in the live game, but I ran into a couple of them while completing Rare and part of Epic.

So someone whoā€™s replaying Stages many, many times is likely to run into them sometimes, but I agree, it wonā€™t likely be so often that it detriments your Score super often.

But especially for Rare, the question is whether they benefit your Score more than the lost time/turns ā€” if so, the top scores will potentially be achieved by grinding not just for a good board, but by also trying to get a Suspicious Chest at the same time.

At the least, they add a new variable to the process, and Iā€™m sure will have top competitors considering how they want to approach them.

3 Likes

I have an anger issue at the low odds of pulling event heroes too and would like to see a better odds. I mean, we are pulling in the event, for EVENT heroes.

When I read about people stating SGG only care about money, I give SGG the benefit of the doubt, because the old system is already in place. But when I see new features and implementations with even lower odds, and higher costs (alchemy lab) I begin to see the logic behind the accusations.

At this point in time, Zynga and SGG have made a TON of money. Please stop trying to fleece us to death. Itā€™s time to give back to the community that has made you rich.

4 Likes

has anyone created a updated stage guide yet

Yeah, it could be a huge score increase. Hard for me to have an opinion on that since I never competed. I donā€™t even really know what a good score is.

All I really want is the 4* mat for top 1000/500/100. As long as that turns out to be achievable. I guess weā€™ll see. I still have to watch the videos on how to compete. Iā€™m not willing to put much money into it, but I do have over 30 flasks.

3 Likes

Yes, @Mariamne has been working on one.

2 Likes

Based on previous challenge events, for Rare top 100 around 500k is a good score. Typically I got around 450k which kept me around top 300. My highest placing on Grimforest I was at ~480k for 134rd place.

But since more stages are being added and with mimic chests in the mix, I think these values are going to be higher on average now.

BTW: I hoard flasks too, and save em all for when I feel like competing in these events :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you level low * troops for this? I have no troops below 3* leveled at all.

Iā€™ll probably try for at least one of the 4* mats. Competing seems worth it nowā€¦ I hope. But if a lot of others feel that way, competition might be too fierce. I generally do very, very poorly at anything timed.

I donā€™t like racing games, etcā€¦ I like taking my time and exploring, not being rushed.

5 Likes

have seen it are there more triple boss stages just wondering and will red still be the go to color sorry to flood just wondering

No, or at least not for challenge events anyways. I started leveling 2* troops for tournaments, I havenā€™t noticed much of a difference for challenge events.

I leveled five 2* troops of each color to level 2 just so when I picked a 3* team for raid tournaments, the auto troop picker wouldnā€™t choose a troop that wasnā€™t in my favorites list (gets very annoying when leveling troops otherwise while 3* tournaments are ongoing).

Sorry, do you mean youā€™ve seen the new one, or the old one?

The new one shows all of the Boss combinations and colors, so it will be a great resource for answering questions about whatā€™s in each Stage.

Well, many of the monsters in Avalon are blue, so that may not be ideal for them. Iā€™ve personally tended toward green, purple, or yellow for Avalon, depending on the Stage.

1 Like

sorry was wondering if you had seen it yet

Ah, yes, Iā€™ve seen the new version, and Iā€™ve also seen the Stages in Beta.

I was working on documenting the Stages to post info about them until I saw @Mariamne had a great infographic for it prepped already, so I stopped documenting.

6 Likes

thx for answering me very appreciated

2 Likes

is it somewhere to be seen or is it still a secret? :wink:

May I ask a silly question? :stuck_out_tongue: Could be possible that suspicious chest replace a boss in final stage of the level? I know it is a really dumb question, but, maybe it could happen and no one thought about that cause it would be really funny and strange but everything is possible :laughing:

I kinda hope the answer is yes, but Iā€™m assuming the bosses are hard-coded into the final wave.

1 Like

Itā€™s not posted publicly yet because it contains images from Beta.

1 Like