šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on "IMPROVED" Alchemy Lab [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Yeap, i feel the same mate.
If it was gem free i will use it constantly.
Just for alkashards, i donā€™t care the 4* mat chance but emblems worth it

3 Likes

The updated AL needs to allow multiple simultaneous transmutes, just as the current AL does.

IMO, it makes absolutely no sense to double the number of transmute Recipes over the current AL and allow players with AL Level 10 only 1/3 the number of concurrent transmutes currently available.

8 Likes

Agreed, this is my biggest concern with AL, as I like some new lower level recipes, and personally donā€™t really care about level 10, as I have more mats than heroes to use them onā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks @zephyr1 as always

1 Like

If theyā€™re going to charge gems, even for boosted alcashards, donā€™t they have to give the odds for a 4* mat? Because thereā€™s a direct connection with real $$$.

2 Likes

SG logic: Letā€™s make a nearly completely useless building with 10 levels and let the players do three actions at onceā€¦ then we improve some of them, add another 10 levels so the building will finally be usedā€¦ but reduce the allowed actions to one at a time.

In german we have a word for that: ā€œverschlimmbessernā€ - Itā€™s exactly what SG is doing.
It means to make things worse while trying to fix them (verschlimmern = to make something worse, verbessern = to improve something)

14 Likes

I agree, I made that argument during the first round of Beta.

They added the Appearance Rate to Hero Academy after that, but not to Alchemy Lab.

This is what I posted publicly (I had submitted this feedback privately too):

19 Likes

@zephyr1, a genuine and very hearty thank you for looking out for the players and for keeping everyone informed.

17 Likes

I donā€™t think you would, even with a zeroed out gem cost.

Keep in mind that the improved alchemy lab and the new hero academy both have massive food costs to operate. I donā€™t know about you, but I never have such a massive amount of food to waste that I can afford to toss away essentially an entire dayā€™s worth of food production every week, and thatā€™s what these two new buildings are set to cost if you ran them every week.

1 Like

Nearly 3m food cost(HA+10A) weekly not that much problem after some level, but i probably use 2B heavily when i canā€™t afford food cost.
This scenario is valid if they set 10A gem free again otherwise i dont even bother to research or build lvl10 :smiley:

I disagree. I am lvl 62 andI once was at the point where I had plenty of food and didnt know what to do with itā€¦ but that has changed again. Maybe when you are ftp and have not much heroes to level etcā€¦ but I always have to decide on what I focus on: I have constantly many heroes on my bench, waiting to be leveledā€¦ when I focus on them, troops are going to stockpile. When I level troops, it can be easily more than 800k per 10 feeders, and they are all still below lvl 20. So after feeding 10-20 troops, there is normally not much food left in my storage. And then there are still battle itemsā€¦ So yes, I have stronghold on lvl 24, all farms maxed, 2 advanced farms maxedā€¦ so I could afford the 3m per week, but it will slow all the other things down.

3 Likes

Also agree food cost is an issue.

When leveling 5 star heroes and 4 star troops, together with forging battle items there is little left for training, so any food cost reduction on AL/HA conversion/training is welcomed.

Hi, i am a c2p and RNGod hates me,
At the moment ı maxed all my 5* heroes (18 different heroes), i have also 20 maxed 4* and 20 maxed 3*.
So my train buildings non stop working on making feeders but i basically donā€™t want to maximise quintos, horghall and khagan.
So this excess food going to craft.
Ohh i forgot the mention troops, thanks @Druid , i donā€™t have any more feeder troops unfortunately, my troops stuck at between 16 and 18level.

1 Like

If i were lucky, we could be the same :frowning:

Yup, I was in a similar situation. And I was also wondering how people could not have enough food. I started to waste it in the lower levels of ALā€¦ what I really regret now. Cause after an unlucky streak of pulls, a lucky one cameā€¦ plus all the new 4* and 3* heroes that have been released. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if you also come to the point soon, where having too much food will just be a blurred memory :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™ve never used the current alchemy lab and have held off due to the significant investment of resources with low return on investment. However, these changes certainly seem like a step in the right direction.

I know people donā€™t think they are perfect, but they definitely give us something to do with other materials and if we are in dire need of 3 or 4 star ascension materials, itā€™s a relatively inexpensive way to do it while still generating a pretty significant amount of alkashards.

For example:

Using 10A I can turn in 12 of these thousands of farmable 3 star ascension materials into an unfarmable 3 star ascension material for a low cost. I am always in need of more ascension materials (except shields). This is awesome! 100 gems to do this? By running chests 3x/day, doing quests, titans, mystic visions, this can be achieved about once per week even if you are entirely free to play. Not an exaggeration here at all as I have been running an entirely F2P account from the star for a little over 3 months or so and I end up with 350 gems by each Atlantis.

In regards to 10B the 250 gems and production of 1050 alkashards (same as 10A) seems not nearly as fair. 1:1 input:output is much better than 2:1 for sure, but the gems seems like a much steeper price. Either the gem cost needs to be significantly reduced (maybe 150 gems?) or there needs to be a significant bump in alkashard production (maybe 50% increase over 10A)

1 Like

While true you may be able to get enough gems a week, the question is, as a f2p, which is the priority? Saving for S3 summons or AM? Everyone is going to be at a different stage, and for me, it is saving for summons.

2 Likes

If you are after 3* ascension mats, then this revised AL does seem a bit better. If we run Recipe 10A, then each week we get: the 3* mat from Recipe 10A; and, then you can choose the 3* ascension mat from the shard exchange.

If you are after 4* ascension mats, then IMO the proposed revised AL is far, far worse than the current AL.

Current AL:
Having developed Level 10 of the AL, we can run 3 recipes in parallel. If you run Recipes 8, 9, and 10 in parallel, you will get, on average 1487.5 shards per week (=600 from Recipe 10 + 450 from Recipe 9 + 3.5 * 125 from Recipe 8). So, on average, you would be able to do a 10000 shard exchange every 7 weeks or so.

This means that every 7 weeks or so, in the current AL, you can get a GUARANTEED 4* mat from the shard exchange.

By running Recipe 9, you also have a 5% chance of obtaining a 4* mat.

Revised AL:
We can only run 1 Recipe at a time.
Recipe 10A no longer provides a chance at a 4* mat.
The shard rewards provides a chance at a 4* mat, not a guaranteed 4* mat.
Assume the drop rate for a 4* mat in the revised AL rewards is 5% and you opt not to purchase the shard boost from Recipe 10A. Then, in running Recipe 10A for 7 weeks (7 shard exchanges of 1000 shards each), you get essentially the same chance for the 4* mat as running Recipe 9 for 7 weeks within the current AL.

For me, I would prefer the current AL, where I have BOTH a chance at a 4* mat in Recipe 9 and have a GUARANTEED 4* mat waiting when I exchange the shards.

3 Likes

Right Now Iā€™m working without stop in the last 3 changes, that is 11k gems each 140 days, for takes 3-4* ascensiĆ³n materials, if this changes became reallity i will stop works with my alquemy lab, canā€™t understand why changes are always to worst, never to best

1 Like

While my lab sits there at level one with no intent on growingā€¦these new changes arenā€™t getting me excited to change my stance.