šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v31]

If you change Noor to Norns, I totally agree :wink: haha

i need to remind myself to take an appointment from my eye doctor. time to change reading glassā€™s :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for replying.

Iā€™m of the opinion that a secondary effect should do something on defense, even if they have to rework the entire ability. Itā€™s absurd and bizarre that they feature this hero on several Season 3 maps and her secondary effect does literally nothing there also. I donā€™t get many 5* heroes but I feel like I only got half of one with her. Hopefully they manage to fix that!

I like my Thorne honestly. Even against green tanks Iā€™ll still bring him in a 3-2 red + blue team for his skill damage.

His hit is quite powerful on the target he aims for, and even the splash damage itself is nothing to sneeze at either. For me anyways heā€™s quite helpful on attack combined with some cSonya support (gotta cleanse those nasty ailments). With a mana troop level 15, his hit can either finish off the tank or kill a flank if the tank is done by that point.

Thorne gets a bad rep, but honestly I think most of that is due to his previous less good version before his last buff. Now I think heā€™s a good classic.

M. Lepus is the better version of him (he hits faster and harder). But thatā€™s fine, thatā€™s why M. Lepus comes with a drawback, since heā€™s basically a faster Thorne.

Damage multipliers of ā€œtargetā€ from Lepus skill above, Thorne skill below:

7 Likes

Thorne is good. He does more damage than Lianna (over 3 heroes instead of 1 obviously). He will get a 5% attack bump to help with power and a 5% mana bump to make him basically ā€œfastā€ via the upcoming costume. He will be great IMO when that comes. He is unfairly bashed as a poor hero and that simply isnā€™t true anymore.

3 Likes

Roc needs a buff. Heā€™s BIG trash.

3 Likes

You may have convinced me to give him a try. He is currently sat at 3/70. But I have the spare mats.

1 Like

Baldur is actually totaly useless. This boost is not sufficient to make him usable. I feel hopeless for Baldur

2 Likes

Iā€™ll admit Iā€™m seeking a Thorne. I believe if I end maxing one someday Iā€™ll enjoy Thorne more than Richie.

1 Like

Agree, average mana speed is way useful than 360% attacking power.

2 Likes

Really ? Based on my past experience of raids towards maxed Thorne and Lianna, Liannaā€™s special skill is more fatal, and she does attack faster due to fast mana speed. Throneā€™s specal skill of minor damage to nearby ememies is near useless to be honestā€¦ Throneā€™s special skill damaging power need to be buffed.

Liannaā€™s special is definitely more fatal as her damage is concentrated on one hero. Thornes is spread over three, so while the damage is higher itā€™s less likely to kill. Lianna is definitely the better hero (by far), but Thorne is pretty good. He gets more grief than he deserves is all Iā€™m saying. There are worse heroes out there.

1 Like

Yes she is sniper while Throne is soft sniper, but Lianna has higher attack power (729 vs 638), damaging power in total is huge.

Damaging power of minor damage to nearby ememies should be increased, otherwise Throne is ever outperformed by Lianna and I think most of the players are willing to use Lianna.

Sniper is fast single target.

Marjana is soft sniper.

Thorne is not sniper. He is tank like Richard.

3 Likes

oicā€¦ due to his average mana speedā€¦

I use him exclusively on offense, his special as a counter to Li Xiu, Leonidas, Guin, LoTL, Mitsukoā€¦basically any of the mana thieves and he is annoying to boot. Yes he is niche, but useful niche!

2 Likes

+1 this. Even if the special skill remains as it is, the mana speed needs to be average. Khagan compared to Thorne, Richard or even more recently buffed Atomos, needs some more love as he would still be far from being OP. Would this break the current meta? I seriously doubt it. Would it mean we could start using Khagan in our mono teams? I seriously believe that.

#makeKhaganaverage

2 Likes

It would definitely save him. Because he is a hit 3,and who else is hit 3 on avg speed? Yeah, Falcon so they could be a good 1-2 punch.

Exactly. If you look at it from your point of view even Elkanen, that gets a lot of bad rap, is indeed fast. Hits three, could pair him with Evelyn and suddenly he is a decent hitter. We need Khagan at average speed, thatā€™s his only redemption.

1 Like

So, 1 million dollar question now is: which minions canā€™t Skadi kill by herself? I know minions inherit HP from their caster and due to emblems, that could vary a lot, but the goal here is just have a general ideal. For example, I think itā€™s safe to assume Noorā€™s and Freyaā€™s minions would survive Skadiā€™s sweep unless they are already weakened.

Using a scale from Inari to Noor, could any beta tester provide us feedback on which of these are killed fairly confidently and which are not?

Minion caster: inherited HP
Inari: 8%
Mother North, Santa Claus and Puss in Boots: 10%
Delilah and Telluria: 13%
Lady of the Lake and Red Hood: 14%
Thorn (druids): 15%
Queen of Hearts: 16%
Seshat: 18%
Freya and Thoth-Amun: 20%
Noor: 25%

2 Likes