đŸ§Ș Early Information on Dragonspire (Overview) [Part of The Beta Beat v67]

Why isn’t this another separate game? It deviates too much from the original game now

4 Likes

This genre is no longer trendy. Releasing this as a new game may result in a flop. Expensive flop.

Tethering it to an existing game to keep as much of current player base and (hopefully) secure new players is a calculated gamble too.

Team Zynga should have calculated the odds and decided this approach is safer.

Thanks to beta, spenders can now decide where to spend their money.

2 Likes

Feels like forced restart, only positive is that your energy is tied to the level you got from actual game and you can use that to farm more mats for faster development, that’s only if you want to do it :slight_smile:

So far the Fast Battle is not allowed in the Dragonspire.
Also VIP seems to have 0 affect on Dragonspire either.
So you can do 1 parallel building upgrade at a time. (Question is sent to Staff about it)

The topic for the shop can be found here:

Roster space and team count is separate from the normal game? We have to spend our gems on those again?

1 Like

Yes, it is separate.

I have just added this statement to the Shop topic too.

1 Like

Cross post from the Beta thread:

Dragonspire is Empires and Puzzle 2.0

Other than Devs having the chance to schedule twice the amount of events, every change could have been added as a new season in the main game if the stats were compareable.

I guess it could be seen as a try to give players have a fresh start with a better management from Devs to not ruin balance yet again with excessive power creeep and extra leveling
 or to just have an easier time with drawing new heroes.

As an old time player I would try it but I won’t be excited about it. I still hope for future events to be funny and for them to gift me different experiences
 but not at the cost of extra time.

1 Like

@PlayForFun Does the new Dragonspire stronghold have a Mystic Visions Tower (or an equivalent) ?

1 Like

@Oxide I think it is easier if I answer it with a new topic:

2 Likes

Do we know if DoD specific loot can be pulled from Mystic Visions, and other sources of random loot on the normal side?

1 Like

I have just checked. It seems we are getting the same loot as in the live game.
So there are no “Dragon items”.

1 Like

Do dragons use all the same ascension materials and aethers as heroes?

Nope, everything is new for Dragons.

2 Likes

Is this ■■■■■■■■ going live for real?

WasnÂŽt it an April 1st joke?

A game inside another game just to leave it more laggy?

Open your eyes
 #NoSpend

2 Likes

Based on these descriptions (thank you for posting them!), this “game within the game” isn’t much more than a re-skin.

I’m all for new features and adding variations on existing gameplay; something “twitchier” for example, to make usage of the dragons ability to fly, could be great. This just seems like a lazy copy-and-paste of the code with a new coat of paint, though.

3 Likes

I hope this causes massive backlash spiraling them into administration, they deserve it.

2 Likes

Having to play a second game to get my team ~200 more in stats and an extra skill every 14 tiles is a terrible deal. Of course, just by engaging with it you get a free tiny boost, and then you spend a bit of your time and energy by increasing that tiny boost until it becomes a secondary target and you’re hooked on leveling a dragon team.
If we ignore it we get left further behind. We lose even more wars, waste more time and food rerolling, do worse at WO3K and tournaments. It’s a terrible implementation for what’s actually being added.

8 Likes

Gives them an excuse to pull the plug and then churn out a new cashgrab gacha game.

I honestly hope they do pull the plug at this point, it’d save our sanity a little bit compared to dealing with their malpractice.

1 Like