đŸ§Ș Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23, v24 & v25]

It’s just like a family bonus for non-maxed heroes.

4 Likes

Feels like a lot of stuff

Like when you go to a restaurant to get a burger and they have 30 different burgers, so you ask the waiter “Where’s, like, just a regular burger?”

18 Likes

But in this particular restaurant you have 70% chance of getting the bread, 25% chance of getting the fries, and 1.3% chances of getting the juicy burger.

And you have to pair burgers with the same type of burgers to get the maximum ammount of flavor.

I’d ask the waiter to give me some water instead.

24 Likes

What about once you have a hero fully maxed, or emblemed to node Y, you get the option to buy this hero costume, with the Costumes Keys or with gems.
The costume, to become fully effective with the stats boost, need to be level to 10, by buying with gems and keys.
So you need, like 10 keys to buy the costume, and then 10 more each levels, assuming they drop often. Numbers are just examples.
Because as of now, i don’t get why i would level a BT chef costume just for 5% stats boost and a skill modification.

A new feature, to be successful, needs to be used.
I don’t think that this first version would get used at all, being too random and costly, for little to no real advantage. Just like the first version of Alchemy Lab.

12 Likes

I really hope they let buy the costumes directly without any random. But I highly doubt that will happen.

1 Like

I know that feel, bro!

I see you just edited your post, but I was going to say something like “you have a 1.3% of getting a burger, but you might be unable to eat it because your body lacks the enzyme to digest it.”

10 Likes

Do the stat improvements all stack? Most important to me; do I have to have the costume active(showing) in order to receive the benefits? I want to improve Boldtusk, but I don’t want to have to look at him in a ridiculous chef hat :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Mel gets a HoT
 ugh, that’s worse haha.

1 Like

As I understand, If I have one custome for Boldtusk, it is just like we have 2 Boldtusk, which we can switch anytime, and both have seperate level progress.
So If I have 2 Boldtusk, and I want variaty stat/skill/class. My 2nd BT which is at level 1.1 use custome BT and start leveling. So later I have 2 BT maxed with classic and custome.

So, if I have 5 Danzaburo, and if there are 4 different customes exist for Danza. It can be like I have 5 Danza with all diferent skill/stat/class variaty ?

So, I will leveling 2nd BT, 2nd Wilbur, 2nd Grimm, etc after this custome release I think better.

Awesome.

2 Likes

Buying them directly would involve a lot of gems, which means it would definitely be F2P/C2P unfriendly.

We don’t know currently how rare those keys are, jow they can be obtained, whether ther will be a way to craft them etc.

Costumes seem to be a way to improve/expand an already existing wide hero roster. Once a player has TC20, it doesn’t take long until most of the regular 4* heroes (and all 3*) are obtained. So, the chance to get a 3*/4* costume that cannot be used is rather small.

As for the 5* costumes, yes, it’s much more likely to get one that cannot be used. However, in a few months the hero academy will be introduced and it is rumoured that 5* heroes can be turned into other 5* heroes (maybe even 4* into 5*, who knows)

1 Like

I changed my mind. This feels a lot like the making of the film Gremlins 2.

2 Likes

Tibs AoE still the same duration/amt?
Viv keeps the same stats but changes to def down?
Quintus still slow just became harder hitting Horghall?
Richard, Horghall, and Isarnia?
The big question, since I have four of each
 how about Joon and Elena?

I would definitely use it. I have all vanilla 3/4* heroes (apaet from Dawa who is trash), several of them two or three times at 4/70, and would be more than happy to have improved versions of some of them. For instance, I rarely use Tiburtus now, but if his defense debuff hits all enemies at average speed, he might become one of my new favorites :slightly_smiling_face:

Keeps checking to see if @zephyr1 has returned with the list

3 Likes

Nice for Quintus I had suggested something additional sometimes ago.

Would she spot defense down with the costume?

Would @Garanwyn or @zephyr1 be able to assure me that we’re not just making Gremlins 2, here?

Would give a little peace of mind.

2 Likes

from the current pool of heroes who have a custome, is there more than 1 custome per each different hero?

BTW, I’m still confused, I’m gonna read this topic again. And hope those unwanted heroes like Thorne and Horghall get back into the real action

You need 12 misterious enzimes to digest that burger :joy:

7 Likes

So maxing Lianna’s costume requires an additional 6 tonics?

Dilluting the already scarce TC20 pool is not better. Also this solution makes classic heroes more valuable, versatile and powerful. Using a single hero slot for 1/5th of all class quests? Yes please.

2 Likes