šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23, v24 & v25]

Ok one problem I see (beside more random ontop of random):
Leveling up the hero again. I really hope this will change and is just for early beta.
I would be pretty frustrating to need to level up Lianna again for the costume buff.
Does the base hero needed to be fully leveled? Otherwise this will make 4 star ascension mats even more rare ( which may be made up by Alchemy Lab)

Edit: forget the question as it was answered while I tipped the question

3 Likes

Oh, then it works like this, you only need mats to ascend the costume but you can skip leveling up the 5* hero and keep it at 1/1? That sounds more reasonable :slight_smile:

Question, does a 4/80 Quintus on a 4/80 costume get the same stats as a 1/1 Quintus? Can you confirm please?

1 Like

Horghall getting a Costumeā€¦ the ā€œRussian spiesā€ are right, @Bruno82! You canā€™t have Santa, MN, Buddy, Rudolph but not the Tree!

6 Likes

But if I want a regular Boldtusk with 672 power, I still have to spend 4 more hidden blades to max the Chef Boldtusk so I can have the stat bonus, is that correct?

This right here is the biggest flaw of this feature. They need to either lock it to only generating costumes for the heroes currently on your roster (dupe costumes allowed), or they need to dramatically reduce the cost of the costume ā€˜summonā€™. Unless you have all the heroes drawing a usable costume will be extremely difficult. Considering the costume is completely unusable unless you already have the hero they need to do one of these 2 things or F2P and C2P players will be left in the dust, frustrated, and possibly leaving the game all together.

6 Likes

I hope they donā€™t turn Groot into a x-mas tree :rofl: :sweat_smile:

Thorne, Justice and Horghall were always my favorite vanilla 5* heroes design wise. They all look so badass.

7 Likes

Of course they will! Hahahahahaha

6 Likes

Iā€™m really curious to know about Tiburtusā€™ costume though.

Can you imagine how excited @KalosianPorygon will be?

3 Likes

At the moment it looks more like the actual Horghall.

Tiburtusā€™ costume will be David Hasselhoffā€™s Knight Rider :joy:

8 Likes

As an 80s kid, I would totally use this!

3 Likes

Heā€™s a heavy metal rocker a la Kiss. Weā€™ll see how she reactsā€¦

7 Likes

As F2P, I both agree and disagree with this. On the disagree side, collecting all of the three- and four-star classics isnā€™t that difficult (says the guy who still doesnā€™t have Boldtusk! :cry: :), and the costumes make those heroes more useful. Instead of leveling a duplicate rare or epic, I could level a costume, which is almost as good as leveling a new hero. So this part of costumes gets me excited.

Itā€™s at the five-star level that it gets really F2P and C2P unfriendly in a hurry. The chances of drawing either a legendary hero or a legendary costume are both really low. The costume chance is lower, because you canā€™t get them from TC20. Then you have to pair the right hero and the right costume, which makes the chances nigh unto impossible. Then you have to use the same mats you would ordinarily use for another hero to level the costume instead. So if I were to max Leonidas (which I hope to do) and draw his costume, then Iā€™d have to choose between putting my next set of darts on someone like Onatel or putting them on Leonidasā€™ costume. Considering it is likely to take a F2P more than half a year to collect those mats, itā€™s a really bad spot to be put in.

So, on the plus side, F2P and C2P get more utility out of the rare and epic heroes they have the easiest access to. :+1: On the minus side, they have far less opportunity to build ā€œgod tierā€ classic legendaries using costumes. :-1: Does that widen the power gap? Can a bunch of costumed 4-stars compete with teams of costumed 5-stars? Iā€™m guessing the answer is yes to the former and no to the latter.

9 Likes

Add the Gene Simmons tongue, and Iā€™d be sold! :tongue:

3 Likes

Oh, Renfeld Tiburtus. Why not Boratā€™s mankini, to match Natalyaā€™s (non) clothes?

3 Likes

So Iā€™ve heard some of the skill changes thus far, like a heal over time change for Melendor, but what are the others?

1 Like

You all in beta need to try and stop this. A 1.3% chance for a legendary costume and the hero might not be on your roster gtfoh. It should be activated at some point on the talent grid. Give players a reason to give tabbards to Quintus bc right now whoā€™s going to prioritize him over Kage, GP, Kunch, Seshat, Urs, Sartana, etcā€¦ at some point a game needs to give something back to its players. Players have been running TC20 camps for years and havenā€™t obtained certain legendaries. Now SG wants the season 1 heroes to be relevant but you have to summon them and summon skins at the same price. Nope Iā€™m not falling for this. Iā€™ll continue to play and put emblems on my preferred heroes and stack my yellows against the opponents electrified Quintus.

13 Likes

My thought would be, the hero has to be maxed before applying costume, now it is confusing if the hero doesnā€™t necessarily have to be maxed, so the costume stat bonus offshoots from where?

Again, so we have to start maxing costumes all over again, rare mats, hams. Etc what would be the likely maximum level for a typical costume rare, epic & legendary?

I was really looking forward to this costume aka skin, but if it starts changing heroā€™s classes as rumored, then itā€™s becoming more confusing ; why not make this part simpler buy letting it to simply enhance heroes in their current classes. Note, many already have fixed understanding of specific heroes per class vs their respective quests, now it is becoming mumble jumble. If this is to correct some inappropriately classed classic heroesā€¦well.

Not that it matters though itā€™s a new thing, but I think it should be well structured.

5 Likes

My only question is WHEN will these be rolling out ? :control_knobs:

Iā€™m excitedšŸ˜¬

But then Iā€™m anxious, confused and I donā€™t know how to react all at the same time.:slightly_frowning_face::fearful::flushed:

4 Likes

AoE def down for Tibs
HOT for Melendor
Viv is now Kunchen Jr.
Quintus got an AoE attack debuff

That kinda stuff

12 Likes