đŸ§Ș Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23, v24 & v25]

Well now that you point it out I can find it :grin:

I think I was a little overwhelmed by the discussions regarding the costumes themselves. When players were referring to it as an “event”, I realized I was missing something.

Thanks!

1 Like

One question, if I have 2 Rigard, and get 1 costume, level both Rigard in that 1 costume.
After that, I get dup costume, so can we use both Rigard with costume separate, so that I can bring 2 Rigard with costume? Or we should level with new dup costume?

I’ll explain more clearer, I’m sorry my english is not good.
Rigard 1# and Rigard 2# leveling with costume 1#.
Now both can have advantage with that costume, but only one with costume can join in Raid/Map, etc.
Then, next come dup costume, should Rigard level again from 1.1 if we want Rigard use costume 2#?

Thanks

You only ever need one copy of the Costume. You can use it on as many copies of the Hero as you want.

There’s no use for duplicate Costumes other than leveling other Costumes.

4 Likes

So I can bring 2 Rigard (both costumed version), with only one costume?

2 Likes

Yes, but you need to level the costume seperately on each Rigard.

3 Likes

OK cool, yes I already explain both is leveling separate, so 2 Rigard costumed version join together with only one costume, great!

2 Likes

Anyone may give analysis on this change, how it affects slow or average heros?

How about the AM required to upgrade costume? Assume that it should be stable now

Slow heroes with a high level mana troop (+15%) and increased mana generation gained trough emblems would charge with 10 tiles baseline:
15%+5%+2% = 22%
1.22*10 > 12

Average heroes with their same build would still charge with 9 tiles without a mana generation buff such the one granted by Khagan’s special. But with a further bonus mana generation from HOTMs they could charge with 8 tiles:
15%+5%+4%+2% = 26%
1.26*8 > 8

In the last beta only 3* materials were required to ascend costumes but the max level they could get were the same as the uncostumed hero ascension tier’s limit were.

3 Likes

Rumor has it this may be tweaked for Epic Costumes, so keep an eye out for a possible update in the next Beta.

4 Likes

Beta? I thought the costumes were already implemented in the live game? We just haven’t had an event yet

Doesn’t stop them from changing things before release. Or after, for that matter.

But I think we’ll see some last tweaks to Costumes leading up to their release.

4 Likes

This is the part that baffles me at the moment @zephyr1

The OP says we will receive costume keys from rewards, MV, chests, titan, wars, etc etc, but yet all I hear is they are only available during the costume quests.

I just don’t understand why these keys are NOT available before the summons appears like Atlantis Coins if they are receivable in rewards.
Does this mean that keys will only ever be available as rewards in the above mentioned reward options DURING the costume quests/events and NOT inbetween.

I’m assuming that the Costume Keys will start showing up in loot after Costumes launch.

But it’s also possible that they may decide not to include them in loot, and the tooltip will be updated.

3 Likes

Wish they would let us save up keys
 seems like people will get a max of one summon unless they spend. Normally, I would but the timing is terrible. Did any one else take a closer look at the schedule? Morlovia ends, we go right into Wonderland(basically), followed by costumes, Atlantis, then right into Christmas. They are gonna have their hand out basically every day for the rest of the year
 It’s caused me to pass on a few deals I normally would have taken.

4 Likes

I guess pick your poison on where you want to spend. Only the really big spenders can have it all.

1 Like

Beta Update

The new version of Beta has been released with some balance changes to Costumes:

Additionally, the tooltip for Costume Keys now indicates that they can be received from Costume Quests, and no longer lists other sources:

I have updated the top post of this thread accordingly.

9 Likes

While I do see the intent behind it, this is an illogical solution.

First, the costume should be considered as a separate hero, no matter who dons it. When you put the mask and cape on, it doesn’t matter who is behind the mask, to you it’s Batman, or Superman, or whoever tickles your fancy.

Second, the way they have construed it, it forces players indirectly to use the costume on unleveled heroes. Say I have one maxed Lianna and one costume for her. After I max the costume on her I get a second Lianna. Even though I have completed two full ascends, I can’t use two maxed Liannas simultaneously though, no matter how you combine them, so my only option is to max either the second Lianna, or the costume on the second Lianna. Which results in me having to maximize three separate heroes technically, in order to have the option of playing two of them simultaneously.

I believe they did this with war in mind, so people like me, with three Kadilens but (eventually) only one costume, can fully ascend the costume three separate times and get three maxed costumed Kadilens for war. But surely they could find a way around this.

Leveling and Ascending a Costume is considerably easier/faster/fewer Ascension Materials than a Hero, so it’s not entirely “two full ascends.”

You can’t max a Costume on a hero that isn’t in Final Ascension already
so this isn’t really an option.

5 Likes

@zephyr1 do we know what item is required?

I mean, whether is a known classic item or an unique item we don’t know yet.

1 Like

Thanks. The thread is too convoluted now to get an answer so I’m sure I missed the answer to this.

If you need to bring a hero to a final ascension in order to fully ascend the costume, I don’t get how "Leveling and Ascending a Costume is considerably easier/faster/fewer Ascension Materials than a Hero.” You still need to use 6 Tonics, 1 Damascus Blade, 4 Shields, and 1 Tome of Tactics, to bring Lianna in our hypothetical to the Final Ascension, before I can start leveling and ascending her costume.

Further, if I get to that point, it makes no sense to me to leave Lianna at 4-1, I will definitely take her to 4-80. So I will end up with two full ascends anyway. And I will need the other maxed Lianna in order to have the option of playing two Liannas simultaneously.

Am I missing something?

P.S. Thanks for your time and patience. You and the other mods do great work around here.

2 Likes