šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23, v24 & v25]

Itā€™s 1x of the regular element-specific 3* Ascension Material, e.g. Rigardā€™s Costume requires 1x Trap Tools.

12 Likes

Totally fair point.

I meant leveling the Costume itself is easier/faster/fewer Ascension Materials.

But youā€™re absolutely correct that the overall process is now even longer ā€” you basically have to max the Hero (or at least bring them to Final Ascension), and then also level the Costume.

I think this depends on the particular Hero/Costume.

For Heroes that are good without their Costumes, that would make sense. But itā€™s a lot of leveling/Hero XP if you donā€™t intend to use the Hero without their Costume.

Keep in mind that 4-1 to 4-80 requires almost as much XP as 1-1 to 4-1.

Right, thatā€™s true ā€” and unchanged, really. You already need 2 maxed Liannas to use both for War or in the same team elsewhere.

Youā€™re welcome!

7 Likes

My hopes for Costume quest frequency

• Hopefully twice a week, like class quests, and preferably on different days than class quests. That will give a minimum of 124 free costume summons per year, which imo is quite generous.
  • Iā€™d be okay with once a week too, at least thatā€™s 62 free summons per year and still okay.

Regarding summon portal:

• At 300 gems per pull, I think it should include the chance to get a HOTM. Itā€™s the most expensive portal right now that doesnā€™t have the chance for a HOTM.
15 Likes

In a few short months, Iā€™m sure every costume summon will have a CHANCE for a FREE extra summon of the Costume of the Month.

10 Likes

Kill me now. :expressionless:

15 Likes

I donā€™t like to be one of those people who rant about things, for example the ā€œIā€™m leaving! ā€¦see you tomorrow.ā€ kind of thing. However, I do think I would strongly consider leaving the game if they ever implemented something like that.

It was said that costumes would be for classic heroes only, but they werenā€™t ruling out costumes for limited time heroes in the future. Just imagine; you pull the hero of the month. YAY! Oh wait, that shiny hero you were so lucky to get isnā€™t as good as it could be. Head over to the costume portal and try to summon the costume of the month to make that hero even better!

Yup, that is something I would quit over.

Anyway, rant over. Epic costumes require one elemental 3* mat. What about Legendary costumes? Iā€™m sorry, I couldnā€™t find that answer anywhere. :slight_smile: I probably missed it.

6 Likes

They require 4x Elemental 3* mats.

4 Likes

@zephyr1 So, does this mean you get the full power of the costume if your underlying hero is not fully ascended, but is at, say, 4-1?

For example if you elevate Rigard to 4-1, and leave him there, but fully level up the costume, do you get the full stats for the costume on Rigard? Or, do you have to fully level up Rigard to 4-70?

Yes, it appears that way, as long as you donā€™t care about Emblems, and donā€™t plan to use the Hero without their Costume.

4 Likes

Pff weā€™re Already short on ascension items. That would make it even worse.
I would rather have it as a farmable item.
Heroes ascension will Always go before costume ascension imo.

1 Like

This will make me even more of a mat horder, and Iā€™m already pretty bad

2 Likes

Nah, you are kinda wrong in your rant. Classic heroes are kinda old and canā€™t compete on par with atlantis heroes or newer hotm. So, costumes are a thing to make older heroes more useful. Imagine some time in future, with season 3 and more bigger and bolder heroes, some atlantis and older hotm will be in a same situaton - not very useful. So, a costume can make it more useful.
As for cashing - not a big deal. You canā€™t compete with big cashers now - and youā€™ll not be able in future. Nothing really changs. If a cahser want something - he can cash it. Even if you are a lucky soab and get a hotm - you still need items to ascend it.
Imagine another situaton. You are in luck and get a costume for a hero that you donā€™t have. you have no use for it. It will require some kind of a fashion store, like hero academy.

This is pure speculation but I feel like Hero Academy would be able to turn duplicates of a hero into costumes, letting the mices eat the costumed cheese (to quote LucasDaoc) :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

By Golly surprise surprise,lol.

I saw that comment a mile off.
Costumes Just another newly added feature designed towards targeting the P2w and just totally widening the gap between the rest of the players.

Bottom line is if you canā€™t afford to purchase you will never make the leaderboardā€™s to 100 list.

Emblems already increased that gap by 250 to 350 plus cups where top players would average around the 2700 and now that increased with emblems to around 2900 and these costumes will take it up to over the 3000 mark no doubt.

Donā€™t Misunderstand me, I am not complaining just mearly displaying a total turnaround in the game since emblems where a f2p players where able compete and now these costumes. I remember when I first started here every single suggestion made was always responded with things like " it has to be f2p player friendly" , I guess that completely gone out the window now,lol.
These days unless a new player is going to commit to sticking it out for at least 3 years as a f2p player they have no chance.

Looking forward to the costumes of cause.

1 Like

How are the ascension tiers for epic and legendary costumes, are they similar to epic and legendary heroes ascension tiers?

If so epic costume ascension needing 1 elemental 3 * mat and legendary needing 4x seemed out of tune, by comparison ratio,ā€¦ Should have been like 1 for epic 2 for legendary or at most for unknown reason 3 for legendary similar to total emblem distribution ratio between epic (about 500) and legendary (1500).

Theyā€™re the same as usual.

You get more XP from feeders than usual, but the XP requirements and levels are the same.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll go for Sonyaā€™s costume, nothing else. Good thing I have 2 of each account and Iā€™ll be able to make a fast cleanser too. Zimkitha still remains one of my fantasies :slight_smile:

1 Like

As somebody who somehow or other ended up spending more than I ever thought I would on a game ā€¦ perhaps somebody who resembles that remark ā€¦ I donā€™t see costumes being worth my money any time soon.

My roster growth is all aimed at legendary heroes. And Iā€™m aiming toward mostly hotm, Atlantis, and event heroes there. Iā€™ve got some classic heroes that Iā€™ve ascended, but not all that many ā€¦ and I donā€™t really see any of these costumes making ones Iā€™m sitting on but unwilling to ascend like Quintus or Groot looking worth it to me. Yeah they look better than they did before ā€¦ but not that good.

I certainly plan to do some of the 3* heroes, and would like to do some of the 4* heroes. I might even use a few select 4* heroes more widely, like Sonya since I donā€™t have any fast cleansers.

I canā€™t to justify throwing gems at the RNG for costumes on my legendary heroes, and while Iā€™d like to do some of the 3* and 4* ones for ā€œfunā€ when I donā€™t have any 5* heroes to work on, I canā€™t see much reason to chase them.

4 Likes

Agree with everything you said regarding 5s, but some of the 3s and 4s seem to me like theyā€™ll be really helpful in the weekly raid tourneys. In that regard, I can see being able to pay for more costume summons being an advantage for p2w over f2p.

1 Like

( 52x 2x 3 ) / 5= 62 if you cannot finish the last stage.

Costume chamber reminds me a of reset emblems.

I think F2P will find the hidden resource costs just as problematic as the merciless RNG. More grinding increases IAP revenue at the expense of more streamline game play.

3 Likes