Discussion: Changes to Event Schedule (March 2021 onwards)

I’ve no issue with the changes. Makes no difference to me and S4 starting next month gives something new for those that have completed everything to have something new to do. As opposed to the much longer length of time people were waiting for S3 after S2 finished.

With the 4wk bit though may cause issue some months where have 2 of the same event.

Quick question: Is S4 supposed to be labeled as Voyagers of the Underworld instead of Voyagers of the Underwild? Or is Underwild correct?

So, it seems like packed schedule, I can just imagine what happens in a couple of years when Season 5 comes out.
In any case, i haven’t completed S3 as i am working on the avatar missions, so there’s no rush to start S4. However, is there any clue as to whether you can do the S4 and S3 avatar missions concurrently? Ie. Don’t need to complete S3 missions first? If so, i would probably work on S4 daily, while using the Valhalla forever event to complete S3.

I think the POV is too close together and some of the events are too close together. I play the game everyday, but I don’t want to have the pressure that I need to get things done every day. I also feel like the game is just doing things to bring in more income. Paid portion of POV, Goblin Balloon and now having more and more events happening more and more often. Just make the game enjoyable to play, stop trying to grab more money! LOL!

4 Likes

You spelled months wrong :sweat_smile:

I think the change is neither positive nor negative. I don’t really have a problem with most of it, only Atlantis rising starting on Monday is suboptimal, I would prefer Atlantis and wallhalla both on weekends, and some other things (costume, Mythic Titan) during the week.

S4 starts a little bit too early, I think at least some months later would have been better. I’m already finished with S3 but most of my Alliance mates are far from done. Also a lot of unleveled S3 heroes because of mats shortage, with S4 coming some of them will probably become obsolete before we get a chance to use them.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say obsolete. They just won’t be the latest and greatest anymore is all. There are a lot of good heroes in S3 and they won’t be going anywhere any time soon. There are quite a few S2 heroes that still get used often. S3 heroes won’t be any different.

1 Like

My own issue is when are they adding S2 heroes to the mix? Please SG: dont tell us when S4 comes out, we have to pull for season 1 heroes all over again.

1 Like

I think that it sucks Atlantis and Valhalla are during the week days and shorter i count on Atlantis for farming. I dont mind season 4 starting it gives you the option to go back and forth between seasons when you get burnt out on doing hard mode. But with that being said seeings we are on to season 4 i think its time to take season 1 heroes out of the atlantis portal and even the Valhalla could go without season 1 heroes. Nothing more frustrating than saving gems to do a ten pull just to get 7 out 10 3* season 1 heroes that you have been able to make from the beginning of the game.

5 Likes

My guess is they won’t. When S5 comes next year, they will prob just alternate between AR and VF every four weeks. They are already doing the same to monthly events by introducing new events. If they want to add more special events, then costume chamber may have an alternative replacement as well, just like what happened to ToL/Ninja.

The idea is to lure players to spend spend spend. Anything other than S1 vanilla will remain behind a paywall in the foreseeable future in my honest opinion.

4 Likes

I was able to have S2 and S3 avatar missions up at the same time so I’m sure the same will hold for S4. I will do all the S4 work and then when it’s done, I’ll go back and clean up S3 missions, which is how I did S2.

2 Likes

The revamped calendar of events is designed to lure players to spend more money. Why are farming events, especially Atlantis, on workdays? We need to work to get money to play this game, if we want to spend. Not everyone has a trust fund or a sugar daddy/mommy.

And Atlantis is still only at 2.5 days. If you want to keep it at 2.5 days, then make it a weekend event. Otherwise it would be gracious of you to just extend the event to at least 3.5 days or longer?

Why is Valhalla farming running longer than Atlantis? To zynga, Valhalla is more profitable. Players will still pull for S3 heroes. Those Midgard gnomes are 20 per day, max. There is no bonus loot unless we use harvesters. You just want us to buy more loot tickets packs.

We need to farm as much as we can during Atlantis to get farmable AM plus CM for tournaments events, especially NT and MT. This has been voiced repeatedly. Yet Zynga continues to shaft active players this way to entice them to spend more and more by buying the weekly offer packs and event packs.

A business needs to be profitable. That’s a given. Profit, at the cost of losing active players, is a zero sum game. This game is popular because it’s UI is decent compared to other copycats, player base is wide enough to have diversity, and it runs on a global server.

Right now the community is tight knit. We discuss stuff privately. We request for QoL improvements in forum, nicely. We are not being heard.

Yet the calendar is more and more skewed towards making more and money for Zynga, without some consideration for active players, who want to participate, who need to farm, and who probably wouldn’t mind spending some.

Please, at least, rethink the calendar and shift farming events to weekends.

Thank you.

11 Likes

People can’t farm on weekday evenings?

Also Valhalla isn’t longer except for this month, it’s being shortened to match Atlantis in March.

1 Like

It’s about giving active players options for their game time. By scheduling farming events during weekdays, Zynga is taking away options. This takes away some joy from the game. It becomes a chore.

Thank you for pointing out the shortened Valhalla, which is also a farming event, boosted with the use of harvesters.

3 Likes

Most people I know have retail jobs and work weekends. There’s no way to make it convenient for everyone. Some people work in the night not the day, and with global time zones someone will always be getting the short end of the stick.

2 Likes

I am only asking for an extra day. Making it 3.5 days, if they do not want to change the scheduling. Not 2.5 days. Please read my response.

I totally agree with you. Someone will always be inconvenienced. Hence the request for an extra day. It’s a small thing to request for. Won’t cost them money. Won’t create a loss making situation for Zynga.

Will only gain them slightly happier active player base. That’s all.

1 Like

If they allow more time for bonus farming then people have less need to spend $.

It’s just one more day. It’s a weekday too. How much more farming do you think a player can do without buying WE? That extra day is to give busy players an option. That’s all.

Can we just agree to disagree on this point then? It’s pointless to argue about my response because we are clearly looking at this situation from totally different perspectives.

I’d love to have it as you say longer, I’m just saying they won’t do it because it’s going to hurt them financially. I don’t bang around wishing for things that are never going to happen, I just make the best of the way it is.

There’s only so much WE in a day maybe things like trials and smaller events could cost less. Or events get their own coins like ninja tower

1 Like

Busy schedule. I have time to play all the events and quests without using flasks. My only problem is the ninja tower 50 lv in 5 days takes alot of time to finish. VF has no extra loots so most of the players who finished it will not play it.
Happy that S4 is coming soon

1 Like