Devs, sit down here a minute, we need to talk – Improve War Loot & War Chest Rewards

Any response from SGG? @Petri

1 Like

There a lot of rants on unfair alliance war matchmaking. Our alliance just faced it in current war (new alliance with far more powerful players).

It seems that there is “easy” trick which is used by some players. Just create a number of alliances and switch between them. All alliances but “current” are either new, without win/loss record tracks or intentionally lose wars (with single dummy member) to lower war score for future wars.

I suggest simple thing which should discourage such a behavior. As far as I know war chest loot depends of war participation level only. If it is, for example, 100% it does not matter, which opponents were fought against.

Let’s take aggregated power of two fighting alliances, something like war score but without adjusting to win-loss history and use it to make war chest loot better or worse.

Cheaters like that who switch between alliances to fight weaker players will ruin their loot. It should discourage such tactics. From the other side, the single point earned by their opponents in case of loss will “weight” more and result better loot as compensation for such kind of matchmaking.

New alliances may get worse loot for first wars, but it also OK since they fight with weaker alliances.

@Zombies

Any thoughts on this??

I think war loot is poor win or loose, but war chest loot is the point of participating in the AW. Switching between alliances to participate in AW resets participation % and reduces war chest loot, and it is not very smart to do that.
0001b

You missed point a little bit. The whole team changes alliance (create brand new or use some created before) with clear war history to get weak opponents, fill cheat in 5 wars and so on.

And in doing so they sacrifice their titan loot… In starting again, they face 1-4* titans for the first 1.5 weeks… Best you can get off those titans is loot tier 7 (tier 8 if they get to 5* titans etc…)

So yes, they can get the war chest every 2.5 weeks BUT for most of that time they have almost no chance of getting 4* mats from titans and a lower chance to get 3* mats as compared to hitting bigger titans (11* and up say at C rank gives better loot tier (and loot) than A+ on a 5* titan)

3 Likes

If only switching when chest is filled then there is no penalty involved and allows them to fill more chests by winning more wars due to facing easier opponents

I would prefer the opposite. Make the loot better/worse based solely on your war penalty status. If you are strategic, well organized and overperform similarly strong alliances, you get better loot. If you are poorly organized and leave plenty unused flags, you get worse loot. As proposed by OP, this would simply give better loot to alliances that are stronger on paper.

I think this is a excellent idea.

Value > War Chests < higher then other chests by a huge Margin.

Put points into War Chests based “War Score” of who you beat/lose too.

This fixes many issues.

• Teams won’t 29 or 28 War. They would be encouraged to 30/30
  • Rewards War Centric Teams opening chests faster then 50% teams
  • Playing higher in game in War’s pays off…
1 Like

I apologize in advance. I did search for an appropriate topic but I didn’t want to chime in on a negative post where someone was angry or threatening to quit.

I want a serious discussion on what has really happened… and what makes sense “to me” for how loot should be distributed.

Titan Chests & Elemental Chests

I am fairly certain that the chances have diminished on Titan Chests & Elemental Chests since I have started playing. I strongly dislike that these changes occurred, because (like most) these titan chests take a week to fill. I’ve regularly had better monster chests. I believe this was discussed many moons ago, that the only real “decrease” was that lower level ascension items were added into these chests to balance the game and we were given more ‘opportunities’ for loot with war, etc.

It might be time to revisit this. The frequency of these chests should dictate the rarity of the loot. Weekly loot should always, always be better than daily loot.

War Chests

Something I don’t get (and maybe it is just my imagination) but it feels like my first several war chests were really good, but then recent ones have been inclusive of lower-level loot. (same alliance since the dawn of war chests, always 100% participation, always 6 flags)… again… it could be my imagination.
Either way: War chests for 100% participation should not include anything farmable, in my humble-ish opinion. Add your farmables in for those under 100% but for goodness sake…reward those who play the game. Maybe (just maybe) tie war chests to flag count (not points) because every war-qualified player should be able to get 6 flags used, even if it is level 1 1*.

Farming

I am personally frustrated by the farming for the various battle item materials but understand why it has to be so. My inner two-year-old refuses to accept it, but I’m forty so I’ll just grumble and move on.

It WOULD be nice, however, to have SOME chance at farming rare ascension materials. I don’t care how low you make it, or if you put it in S2.

Troops

Give us a chance, even a minimal chance to get a 3* troop from the map, even if it “must be” season 2 hard-level.

if not, create another rare quest called “recruits III”

• Easy - includes 5 1* troops
  • Medium - incluides 5 2* troops
  • Hard - incudes 1 3* troop plus troop token

Perhaps for the recruits II quest, allow it to always give a gold token but randomly choose either hero token or troop token.

Just some thoughts.

1 Like

I really like your post. I agree 100% with it, I have been finding the same thing and think your ideas sum up almost everyones complaints and would certainly be easy for them to rectify.

I hope this comes in to fruition long before the yearly Devs actually talk to the people event.

Thanks for taking the time on this post.

3 Likes

Thanks. I really scoured the forum for a positive discussion on it and really didn’t find one. Hopefully this gets some visibility. I’ve been playing for about 18 months now and am just now getting ONE troop to level 23. 1* are virtually useless (40xp) at this stage.

2 Likes

You are right.

I hope this stays constructive with no trolling so the devs might actually pay attention.

I know my entire alliance, even though they are not active in the forums, have the exact same views. It’s getting ridiculous in the amount of people that have a ton of time, money or both spent in this game wanting to quit due to the above issues. I hear a lot of “What’s the point of spending money or time on gems for pulls, acceleration etc when I never get enough mats to do anything with the heroes I draw”.

These people all love the game, but the frustration factor is more than killing the fun factor due to not being able to compete at all. No one in my alliance wants to be top 100 except maybe me right now. So it’s not even asking to compete at a high level. It’s askimg for enough to compete at any.

I realize there is streakiness, but it seems that ever since the merger it is far more geared to pay to win and even they have mat problems that trump the very small trickle we do get.

4 Likes

So many people spend large amounts of money on summons acquiring heros they will never find enough mats to ascend. It’s extremely frustrating just how rare some ascention mats are. I’ve been playing for over a year and wouldn’t even come close to having enough mats to ascend a five star hero. I think the developers would make even more money if there was hope to ascend your heros. I know I would be doing more summons pulls. I also understand a lot of people have had better luck than I have had getting mats but there are a lot like me that have the worst luck and I’m not an occasional player I log on multiple times a day.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your thoughts.

I agree the luck can be very good or very bad and some people never seem to get things, some people get lots, and still others get stuff—- but never what they need.

In fairness, I think it is unreasonable to expect to ascend a 5* to 4/80 in a year, just by the guaranteed drops. It should be much sooner.

I’d like to see gurantees added to higher levels. Just a basic one like”Atleast 1 non-farmable mat for B-grade and higher.” Gurantee is adjusted to fit the Titan level. Not necessarily non-farmable for 5* Titan and lower

2 Likes

My chests except elemental are very disappointing since the talent upgrade…

1 Like

Mine are still all over the place. I just got a tome of tactics in an ordinary (auto-farmed 7-4) monster chest. On the other hand, my war chest had an orb of magic, 1-star trainer, 5 gems, and 30 emblems (for a class I don’t yet have maxed…). And a troop token, which failed to give me a 4-star…

I think that something like the war chest, where you’re literally working on it for weeks at a time, really ought to be impressive in the amount of loot it provides.

3 Likes

My suggestion comes from having farming give better loot than top score on a 12* Titan. Not the chest, loot from a province

1 Like

Unqualified and absolute agreement