Develop a Social Credit system to let alliances address the free rider problem

Can devs maybe brainstorm ideas to assign players an amalgamated score based on titan flag use, war flag use, times a player has been flagged or kicked from alliances…there are likely lots of parameters that can be used.

Choices would have to be made as to whether player scores would be purely statistical, or if alliances can assign some portion of the score as well (or maybe the entire score outright.)

Preferred behaviour could be incentivized too through free loot, gift-able loot, tiered discount pricing, more efficient trophy accumulation…honestly there’s lots of ways it could be implemented.

I just know that our Alliance is really not enjoying having to constantly address members each time they miss out on participation. Having a standardized measurement for alliance participation would be nice – without it, dealing with “free-riders” feels like a bit of a witch hunt

Any of the free riders out there who like to play this game as a fun game and not a math class or job can find alliances that are there only because one has to be in an alliance to play certain parts of the game. The alliance I’m in is like that. We’re not free riders. We just have a different way of enjoying the game. So we have a very easy going group. Maybe some of your players should find a group like that.

We were like that too…until we got too strong. We had to take down an 11rare, and we had an influx of strong players (some mercs, some not). Went from 24 lifers to a maxed out alliance w/ 30 facing 12s. Our war opponents jumped pretty high too. All are welcome in our alliance, we have no caps as to who can join…but the sudden jump has led to a lot of drama. Ppl who want us to chase 12*s, or hit once and then peace out. There’s an underlying equilibrium to where each alliance works properly…and I’d like for us to be able to find it without infighting

You really need to set out the alliance rules in your banner/line/discord if you want to have a minimum requirement.

It’s tough when a more casual alliance suddenly rises up as, being honest, it hits less casual. And the bigger the Titan the more obvious that gets.

Either you accept you have to carry some folk (a mass of reasons why - they are nice, chatty, good in war etc etc) or you boot them if they can’t play to your alliance rules.

When I joined my alliance over a year ago it was hitting 11/12 and the aspiration was to grow. They didn’t set minimum Titan scores but a Titan flag usage rule. So there’s no pressure to get the big hits as we have masses of Titan flasks between us to pick up slack if it’s needed.

But without base rules it’s a free for all and you can’t really shout at anyone if you’ve set them no guidelines.

Sadly moving from casual to something more structured will create issues and you’ll lose some as result. But if that’s your goal you just have to accept it.