Determine Best Raid Defense Team Placement (Suggestions Welcome)

So, since I finally got a 5-star rainbow team up and running. With the team nearly maxed, I wanted to see the best order to place my lovely ladies for the raid defense team. Yes, I seem to be a man hiding behind the ladies when the attacks come. Thus this post explains what I did for others to read and provide feedback for me.

I asked around for advice, but felt like there is such nuance to the interaction of each hero’s special, that a test was needed to determine best team placement. I ended up deciding on a round robin style test. The test was supposed to last for 12 days, but when the challenge event came, I forgot to record the raids for a day.

Since I was leveling up the heroes throughout the 13 days, I also recorded the average hero level for the team on that day. Note that I went nuts trying to get red hood and failed, but I used all the “extras” I summoned as food for this team. Anyway, one basic assumption is that Marjana and Sartana are interchangeable and did not test Sartana in the tank position. Also, I put them on the edges when they were not tanked as I wanted Zeline, Alasie and /or Delilah specials to go off more. With these assumptions and these criteria, I got the following data.

Data

My two biggest criteria for good were (1) how many cups I had in the morning when I recorded the results and (2) how many points per attack I lost when I got raided or revenged.

Results
summary

According to my data, Zeline is my tank of choice for my current team. I think that I am going to level Alasie to 4/65 or so and rerun the test to see if she is a better tank than Zeline as a tank (and adjust if needed).

If anyone sees any issues with this method to determine hero order please post a reply…

One other point to consider is on defense, the AI fires off charged specials from left to right. So if you want one special to go off before another (Say, a defense debuff or a dispel before a single target attack), you’ll want the first hero to the left of the second.

The only hero that I have that does anything but damage to the opponents or my team is zeline and she is on the left.

you mention RedHood above, how would you have used her?
I have her currently as my only 4/80. Im very close to getting Delilah’s70 last dart. And am working Khiona up atm.
those will be my only 80s. My thinking for D was:
Tiburtus70/RedHood/Delilah/Khiona/Grimm70 or Sonja70.
only other hitters at are Hansel 70, Scarlett(60 have mats), Caedmon(60 have mats)

Hoping for Magni, Sartana and Lianna of course

Sonya is less squishy than Grimm for defense

2 Likes

So it is time to check my defense team again… So here is an updated table with several different arraignments:

LC LF Tank RF RC Cups ΔCups #_Att Win % C/A (All) C/A (-)
A D GM Z S 2582 -290 45.3 57% -7.10 -40.54
A D Z GM S 2557 -191 21.0 49% -10.62 -40.05
A Z D GM S 2607 -294 37.0 53% -9.27 -40.32
A Z Ar DM D 2594 -87 12.7 56% -4.69 -32.78
Table Abbreviations

LC – Hero placed in the defense team in the left corner (RC is right corner)
LF – Hero placed on the between the left corner and the tank (RF is right of the tank)
Tank - Center hero

Cups – The average of the cups I had in the morning (around 8:00 am) for three days for the listed defense team.
ΔCups – The cumulative change in cups for all the attacks on my base for 24 hours (averaged for three days).
#_Att – The number of times my base got attacked in 24 hours (averaged for three days).
Win % - The number of wins / number of total attacks for my defense team as a percent in 24 hours averaged over three days.
C/A (all) – The average cups lost for all attacks for my base in 24 hours averaged over three days.
C/A (-) – The average cups lost for attacks that my defense team lost in 24 hours averaged over three days.

Heroes
A = Alasie
D = Delilah
GM = Gravemaker
Z = Zeline
S = Sartana
Ar = Areon (the data for the Areon tank is from my buddies team as mine is stuck at 70… his troops troops are level ~18 and mine are ~12)

1 Like