Deleting Forum Account vs. Anonymizing

@FrenziedEye, Take Ancestry.com, search “Family tree” on almost any browser and it’s very likely this pops up, probably 1st.
Did you know it’s owned by a large religion, and they have a huge underground database containing any information ever entered into this, and many other, family tree sites?
My point being is in this digital age, where information travels at the speed of light, nothing you do is not tracked, studied and used for profit. It’s one of the things that advancing technology seems to be infringing on, privacy. Hell, if you want to steal my identity, GOOD LUCK. I’ll bet you will do just about anything to give it back.
Anyway, as mentioned above, if you really want to keep your life, shopping habits, browsing habits, yearly income (gross and net) or anything else, you better remove everything that supposedly makes your life better, faster, easier…even your car, since they track average speed, hard braking, accidents etc through a little black box now. It’s a 21st Century problem. There’s few ways to completely escape it.

Unless cave hermit in the Himalayas sounds appealing to you?

1 Like

I thought Family Search was Mormon and ancestry was a competitor? No idea but yes your point still stands

1 Like

Legal issues

GDPR allows deletion because of legal issues.

The most common legal issues are safety issues. ( see notes )

Notes

Click for notes

Domestic abuse

FIN

1 Like

@Petri If possible, delete my forum account.
If you can’t delete, then anonymize it, as it’s of no use for me anymore.

@anon38391235 they only handle deletions and anonymizing via Support tickets, so you’ll need to submit a ticket.

You can also just log out of your account and stop using it, if you’d like.

Or we (moderators) can Suspend your login for a period of time or forever, if you prefer not to have access to log in.

I want it deleted / anonymized.
What a waste of time, that I now have to create a ticket for that.

Ok, no worries.

Sorry, they just never address account issues via the Forum, only Support, and moderators can’t do account deletion or anonymizing.

1 Like

Thanks… I already did create the ticket.

1 Like

Since my ticket from June wasn’t successfully handled by the support…
How is it now possible, to create a ticket?
The new system looks horrible.
Is there still the classic way possible, via the webpage? or just the horrible new agent?

If someone searches it…
Here you still could submit a ticket, without the crappy in-game solution:

Admins: please delete my Forum account.