🏅 [Dec 29, 2019] 37th Raid Tournament! — 4* Buff Booster, All Elements

@Gregor.Jax and @Scarecrow

Here’s a thread on that topic that I’ve been keeping open/tabs on since I first reported it:

1 Like

Day 1: 4 - 1 on offence
Day 2: 5 - 0 on offence

Defence is 0 - 1 for an E since Day 1. Rigard (C, +9), Gretel (+7), Kashrekk, Kiril, Boldtusk

Top 10%

Day 2: 3 flags were kinda easy with good teams/boards.
1 was almost a repeat performance from yesterday, no blue tiles against a Wilbur tank for the first 5 moves, luckily Rigard and Proteus bought me time until they showed up.
Last flag really showed the difference between emblemed and plain heroes, my non-emblemed yellows were quickly dispatched but Sabina and Proteus (at +20 and +18 respectively) survived long enough to fire twice each, healing to full and dismantling the rest of the opposition. 5-0 after yesterday’s 4-1.

Meanwhile defense hovers around that 50% performance, unfortunately falling on the wrong side this time. After 5-4 yesterday it managed 5-7 today for an overall 10-11 and C rating.

Improved to 5%, close to the top.

2 Likes

@zephyr1

I won this one but it was very close. :yum:

5 Likes

Like I said in the beginning of this thread, the buff booster tournaments are the closest to normal fights. Theoretically, I shouldn’t lose a single attack at my experience. 30 wins so far, on both accounts. Actually I did this before, at a buff booster tournament, last spring, won all attacks and finished no.11 (because of my defense grade). This time the same issue with the defense and this is why I won’t be on leaderboard even with 25/25.

1 Like

So far so good…
Let’s see how the last 2 days go…

4 Likes

Today’s attacks all 5 gave just 619 points…
My top points was 626…
This mechanic is quite odd… When you reach the wall I understand there could be some variation down… This time having 6 opponents in a row giving 619 pts idk what to think

1 Like

3 losses on offense so far (2 out of my first 3). My defense is a surprise. Wilbur was a mistake. I read above how he gives buffs to the offense but thought it would be a break even deal. But now know how easy he is to turn over. Dispel then fire Kiril and advantage flips to offensive so I’ve been lucky so far.

3 Likes

Is this normal to have been matched with the same opponent twice in a row? At least I got some revenge :sunglasses:

1 Like

Look some posts above. It happens a lot lately.

1 Like

Day 2

Bad Day 1 Brings Easier Day 2…

Until RNG visits. I won my first 3, then had a nail biter that I also one. I couldn’t go 5-0 though. Lost to this team:

How do you lose with a team with Cyprian on wing? Well, this is how. Turn one - one possible play. Turn two - one possible play. Turn three - one possible play. Do we see the theme? Eventually I got a shuffle and had all dead but rigard and, you guessed it, cyprian. But i still couldn’t get good tiles. Those slash attacks got me as we were in the final countdown so they kept getting bonuses.

Oh yeah. Defense lost all battles. E.

At the end of battle 4, I must have been just on the edge of the top 25%. It said top 50%, but doing my math with typical numbers of participants, I should have been top 25%. So just outside. I did end the day top 25% and one more hit left. As is, I will not be continuing.

Day Win Loss Def Points
1 3 2 1-3 E 2,360
2 7 3 1-6 E 5,328
6 Likes

Now that was an awesome tourney flag!!!11111

Still doing well for lack of emblems I have on 4*.

Screwed myself out of a fast cleanser for war by having regular Sonya at tank instead of costumed sonya
:frowning:

3 Likes

Day 3

Offense. I continue to rock these 4* tournaments due to heavy emblem focus on my 4* heroes so long as I decide to get my head in the game instead of the moment I roll, bleary eyed, out of bed. My last attack was against this rather intimidating fellow:

But RNGesus blessed me with a board full of green and yellow, and lo my opponent was brought to ruin. Back to top 1% and barring a disastrous next few days, I’m on track to stay there. We’ll see!

5-0 bringing me to 14-1.

Defense. A tad annoyed that I’m just barely below A rank, but when one is attacked this much, it’s hard to complain. I’m glad my defense is holding the barrage with my FIRE THE MISSILES FIRE AGAIN FIRE THEM ALL defense.

5 Likes

WOOF! My Defense has a pitiful E rating, but my offensives have been scrappy and I’m still in the 5%!

2 Likes

I’m out! :disappointed:
Had two bad boards! My purples didn’t even gain any mana in one and they was the last to die! Haha!
Good luck to the rest of yah!

5 Likes

Day 3

Went great…5:0 …got my attack team now almost unchanged.
14:1

Defense went up to B and stayed there:
5:5 A B B?

10460 pts …420 pts behind leaderboard…rank 669

4 Likes

Day 3 - continue bought.
Def now from E to D :rofl:

Fighting fun anyway…

2 Likes

Day 3:

Lost one attack today, leaving me at 14-1. They were a tough customer.

Defense score steadily going down. Back at C now. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 2 Update

Score = 7422, Rank = ??? - Top 1%
Another decent day. Defence clawed its way up a bit to an overall D Grade.

Offence

Defence

4 Likes

Congrats! I’ve been attacked so many times that it didn’t show up in my Defense Log, so it fortunately didn’t count against me. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like