🎃 Costumed Vanda - 5* Fire/ Red from Return to Morlovia (Halloween)

So I’m nearly ready to emblem Vanda…

Question I put out is do we rate base Vanda or thenCostume Variant more?

The extra turn of protection seems the obvious choice but figure it’s better to what people think

I like c.vanda more for the extra turn of healing steal and ailment block. I went for HP / def on emblems, to me her goal is to survive and protect the team

Got this vampire queen of crime! Yes, my first ailment shielder

6 Likes

Congrats on your C-Vanda, @Tidyup! :partying_face::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

Emblemed on original path, used with costume, I might stripp her and emblem-up again on costume path, in the near future.

I use her both in the center of reverse defense, right flanking Vela on war defense and main mono red attack team with lvl.11 mana troops. Happy with her extended ailment block and healing theft.

Most likely I’ll LB her soon.

4 Likes

Vanda costume which talent grid take. Offence or defence/hp;

The OP is adjusted with family bonus adjustment and with addition of the passive.

Pulled her in about 20 pulls (including coins and gems)

How does she perform on defense? I run zenobia but i know zenobia is not made for defense at all.

I have both. She will be a big upgrade from Zeno. I have since changed out Vanda for Khufu but Zeno is not an ideal hero for your defense. You’ll like her even more on offense blocking those ailments.

Cheers!

3 Likes

This is the one I always wanted from the portal and she still eludes me. Status ailment protection and now way more damage with the new passive. Nasty

1 Like

Do we think she’s better than Emilio? Just trying to compare two red VF heroes who offers ailment protection :thinking:

1 Like

I think C.Vanda has more versatility than Emilio. Both do status protection for three turns.

Emilio has burn DOT. If you fire twice quickly, or pair with another burner, you also get HOT.

I’d rather have direct damage. It’s helpful layer in battles when you can fire in back to back turns.

Now with passive, the buff stealing or extra damage is also nice.

But it’s a good question. Ailment blocking is each of their primary purposes to me, so they’re equal on that regard. I could see Emilio being more of a one man team due to self cleanse and HOT.

3 Likes

I would say if you have one other circus family member that you often pair with Emilio then he is better, otherwise I would take Vanda given the choice. Sadly I have neither.

1 Like

I have her fully emblemed and broken, both classic and costume. Decent, but not impressed by her performance, though. C. Kong easily takes the red spot on defense and rainbow offense over her. I do have c. Poseidon as ailment blocker, so this part of her special ain’t all that important for me.

5 Likes

Again, she needs the right team around her. Pair her with fiend summoners and watch the fiends last longer on your enemies since she steals massive amounts of healing from all enemies. Incredibly valuable and in my eyes better than Emilio’s Special.

4 Likes

I have her, but I don’t feel that she has helped so much, due to the low damage. And I also have Garnet that takes precedence over her. And considering my fights against Emilio on defense, I can say that his DoT is more dangerous and his HoT an extra bonus. The buff steal just introduced I see to be more or less on-par with Emilio’s self-cleanse.

She is not bad, but I see Emilio more useful and for sure the newer heroes are much more dangerous. And, of course, I might not have learnt how to use her to her full potential :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My vote goes to C Vanda

2 Likes

How are people feeling about C-Vanda now that the new heroes have been released in the portal? I feel like she’s quite underwhelming. The damage is negligible, I see most of her utility coming from her ailment block, but if you have Garnet already, does she serve much of a purpose? Her costume also feels a bit of a joke compared to the original. Very strange that some costumes are a slight variation on the original and others are these amazing, alternatives.

1 Like

Ailment protection is her main thing. I have two and use both so I can see her use even if you have garnet.

Costume is way better as it makes her main use 50% better essentially (3 turns v 2).

Yea damage could be better. She could steal more health. But she’s still solid.

8 Likes

Not to mention she now either steals a buff or does an extra 70% with her passive, so there’s potential to do 185% damage to all at VF speed in addition to her secondary abilities :thinking:

5 Likes