šŸŽ… Carol -- 4* Fire/ Red from Santa's Challenge (Winter)

Kind of like Kavisrā€¦ Cool idea.

It would be great if they did stack! Like:

ā€œSummon a Gift minion for the target and nearby enemies with 1% HP inherited from the caster. When the minion dies deal 375 damage to the owner.ā€

It does feel odd not having her summon any minions. I donā€™t think it would be too powerful for her to summon minions like buddy for herself and near by allies. 10%/10% minions would give her a little bit of something immediately and would fit the family theme. Making the gift un-cleansable or go off when it was cleansed would probably be a bit too powerful. The damage would be delayed but it would be pretty sizable total damage. Getting 2 out next to each other and then popping a cleanse would be 600+ damage on two heroes which is quite a bit for a 4*.

As is I think she can be decent in PvE situations. Cleansing should be less common and less frequent in those situations. The mana cut is more useful on a boss that takes longer to charge up and you have plenty of time for the gift to go off. Iā€™m a big fan of mana control for PvE events so Iā€™m sure I will level her just to have another option for that in those situations if nothing else.

I think she can be situationally useful in PvP. You obviously donā€™t want to take her into a cleanse if you can help it but she can be a part of a second or third red stack going into a green tank in a war for a team that doesnā€™t have a cleanse.

I do think she will be pretty bad in a defense roll for PvP. Randomly targeted and fired mana cut ability and high likelihood of being cleansed means little value to be had.

1 Like

I now have a Carolā€¦She takes hits pretty well, but Iā€™ve only been using her in low level replays to build up her XP/loot. Her special skill really hasnā€™t had a chance to shine. I think she could use some tweaking. No minions? What? Alsoā€¦wtf, 3 turns, and no stacking?!

1 Like

EXACTLY. Worthless. Maybe if going for winterland stat bonus. Even if then Iā€™d rather have Frosty.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve realized the following:

Sand Empire Family: They all do sand damage over time.

Springvale Family: They each have an undispellable status ailment either affecting the hero casting the skill or the allies.

Morlovia Family: Their commonality is that they are scary-looking characters, but other than that, most steals healing made on the opposing team. Francine does not.

Christmas Family: Their commonality is that they are all based on christmas theme. Except for Carol, everyone is a minion-summoner.

Guardian Family: I see no commonality in skills or traits other than all of them are animals.

Avalon Family: Most characters (Bauchan???) are based on the legendary story of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. Other than that, they donā€™t share a common skill.

Grimforest Family: All characters are based on the characters of the stories compiled by the Brothers Grimm. Other than that, they donā€™t share a common skill.

Wonderland Family: All characters are based on the fictional story of Alice in Wonderland. Other than that, they donā€™t share a common skill.

Pirates Family. All characters may be inspired from and loosely based on Disneyā€™s Pirates of the Caribbean. They do not have a common skill.

S2 families see very little commonalities. S3 heroes share the same realm, not families.

Now, why is Carol needed to be a minion summoner again? Oh, yeah !! Because without it, she is MEH !! I have 2 of her and will max one and keeping the other one in case she is buffed to be a hero that she is supposed to be, with all the power creep and everything. She has 25 more hero power than Buddy and sheā€™s supposed to be stronger and has more desired skills than Santaā€™s elf. Unfortunately, SG is trolling us.

2 Likes

I prefer to level 2nd rudolph, second rabbit and sudri before i even start carol.

2 Likes

Sadly no minion. Xmas hero without minionā€¦ hmmmā€¦

Not worth pulling, but not worse.

1 Like

But what if you already did those, like this:

2 Likes

Just checked, Carol has biggest Power among 4* if we donā€™t consider costumed heroes. All that power for so little skill. Look at Krampus, highest Power in all 5* and he is a beast.

Elemental theme. Three of them debuff elemental Def. Even G Cham manipulates elements

All three of the ladies heal. And also Avalon is quite support heavy, even for king arthur whose main use is to debuff ice def

They have a niche to minions and healing with PIB and red hood

Alice and rabbit have the same mechanic to refresh ailments. I also find wonderland to have more situational effects, so itā€™s a fits common theme of them being quirky

And yes, carol needs one minion for herself lol

1 Like

Power just comes from stats (attack/defense/hp) - nothing else. Since every new hero they release has more stats than the previous one, they do have more ā€˜powerā€™ as a result. Does not mean they are better than the past heroes, as of course stats are not everything to make a decent hero.

Not my 2 maxed Guardian Gazelles, 2 maxed Guardian Bats and my unleveled Guardian Owl. How about Guardian Kong? Nah. They donā€™t have a common skill like how Sand Empire heroes do.

Yep. But they donā€™t have a common skill like how all Sand Empire heroes do.

Not my Snow White.

Regardless, we are in unity that Carol needs more spice for her to be a good usable and desirable hero.

1 Like

i think i like her now

1 Like

I got two Carols from an impulsive 10-pull I did days ago. I am now thinking of raising either her or Reuben as my next red hero project. Has anyone seen a video of her in action?

You did four Rudys?! Me too!

2 Likes

Hahaha!! Got them all maxed in the first Santaā€™s Challenge way back in 2018. Back then up to late last year, I use all 4 of them with Hawkmoonk as a go-to team in raid tourneys and in the rare tier of most of the monthly challenges. The bosses canā€™t fill their mana because of these babies. Barely using all 4 in the same team nowadays due to new rare reds maxed, i.e. Bauchan, Sudri, etc.

I also have 4 Hisans and 4 Gatos maxed. Yellows and purple rare fast snipers? Only 2 are maxed, i.e. Banes w/ MCB, Bjorns, etc.

I plan to trim them down to a max of 2 copies due to hero cap limitations, making a feeder out of the dupes even if they are maxed. At least they didnā€™t cost unfarmable ascension mats when maxed and they were cheaper to level. Still hesitant though.

Yeah, I donā€™t use all four as much as I used to back when there were less options. The only maxā€™ed heroes Iā€™ve ever fed away were my original 2*'s.

Man, I made an error early in 2019 when I fed my maxed Karil and Prisca to my 5 stars being developed that time. Now I am maxing a Karil since I got his costume and he is often used in rare tier special events. Its a shame I wont be leveling again Prisca even though i also have her costume.

I canā€™t believe this card was released this way. Completely worthless hero. She needs minions, or small amount of healing or some other buff to even make her in the same league with buddy. I donā€™t understand the point of putting out crap heros like this.

3 Likes