Bug or poor wording?

On the card for Khonshu, the special reads "If the attack defeats the target, the caster gains 50% mana.

I have a case where the special (425%) did NOT kill Alaise; however, the passive from the special (the extra 70%) chance did kill her … but the 50% mana was not provided.

That said, as this was an “attack” and the way the card is currently written seems that it should have given the 50% mana, is this a Bug or an unclear special description?

See first and third fight in this video for evidence of concern.

1 Like

Nice catch, I have asked Staff for clarification.

1 Like

That “bug” is very similar to this one:

Sobek’s damage should ignore counterattack, but this only applies to his special attack. When his passive activates he takes damage.

So it seems it is a poor wording.
“The attack bypasses defensive buffs. This includes counterattacks.” and “If it attack defeats the target, the caster gains +50% mana.” are part of their special skill descriptions and passives are like separate thing.

2 Likes

Nice catch.
It should either says special skill (so that doesn’t include the passive) and functions as is or it should trigger with the passive too.
On the other hand, it’s also up to interpretation. The passive skill is “evaluated” after the completion of the special skill, thus that line was already processed and the enemy was still standing at that point. So I think there is no bug and it’s working as intended. Just poor wording indeed.

1 Like

Yep, the passive skill should activate after and independently from the special skill. Just like the family bonus which they fixed in v49 as it activated upon taking damage in the middle of the enemy special skill (right after the damage part and before the next bullet point).

So for both heroes, I think it’s working as intended and it’s just a wording vs interpretation issue.

1 Like

Then it would be written: “If the attack and passive after the attack defats the target, the caster gains 50% mana”.
It’s like the S1 costumes are not S1. If they were, there would be no costume chamber.

I wondered about this too cos Sobek sustained some damage after bypassing counter.

Hope the card wording is clarified. Otherwise it’s another thing to remember.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.