Buff Tourney, Dodge is a defensive buff. Here is proof. I need help from the community. Zagrog should be bypassing ALL DEFENSIVE BUFFS

Also not sure why you waited for s buff booster tourney to share this, as buff booster counts all types of buffs not just “defensive”. Heal over time buffs also contribute to the buff boost but are not defensive buffs same with elemental link.

There are many buffs some are directly linked to defense. Like stoneskin def up elemental def up etc.
Others are directly linked to attack. And others are just support buffs like dodge heal over time counterattack and shared damage.

Psst Xiahou Dun is amazing against dodgers. The minions dispel everything, including that pesky dodge. Yes yes 4* hard to keep alive blah blah. Well the only other option in 5* is Cao Cao, and he’s slow, so…

Alternatively, if you’re lucky enough to have Hypnos, he blocks all buffs (including dodge) in just 6 red tiles. Or cSabina does the same in 9 tiles but she’s extremely squishy. Or Onyx can block buffs to 3 in 9 tiles.

I agree with the OP here.

While no physical contact has been made, dodge is defensive in the sense that it neuters or renders useless any damage received from the attacker.

If you reduce, nullify or avoid damage, that to me is a defensive ability or buff (this is precisely the opposite of attacking).

I appreciate it’s all definitional and the semantics arguments are endless but I happen to share the same view as the OP in this case. I get the view that defensive refers to a buff that alters a hero’s defence stats, but that’s way too narrow a view (see the next point below)

I would also argue that the sentence “This includes counterattacks” is meant to be read as an inclusive sentence, not an exception to the rule. It is an example of many examples. This means that counterattack is one of many defensive buffs, not some special exception. By that logic there should be heaps of other defensive buffs.

That said I don’t expect anyone will really care about semantics and wording lol and SG are terribly inconsistent with their wording

And if Zagrog can go through dodge, that would arguably make him a really OP hero (as much as I would like that to happen…I highly doubt SG will do anything about it)

1 Like

To me, Dodge is in a class of its own: not defensive or offensive as per EP definition.

It’s more like an “almost mini-potent” buff, in a class ranked higher than defensive or offensive.

In RL, dodgers are more or less disliked, but I respect them for their ability to dodge. It’s simply amazing how they wing it.

Game-wise, it’s another layer of complexity intended to irritate, frustrate and then goad the player to get their own dodge heroes, thereby fuelling Zynga’s bank account.

2 Likes

Fair enough, makes perfect sense from a commercial point of view.

In your opinion is counterattack an “offensive”, “defensive” or “neither here nor there” buff?

1 Like

It’s more of Attack used as an Defence: akin to 2 young kids hurling snowballs at each other.

Kid 1: take that :joy::joy:
Kid 2: (launches his projectile) Got you back some :joy::rofl:

Anything that reduces damage would be defensive to me.

Counterattack doesn’t reduce damage but ripostes it back. It’s using Attack to defend your team.

That saying : Attack is the best Defence, would be apt to describe Counter.

That’s why I think it is specifically worded for heroes like Sobek and Zagrog.

1 Like

Strongly demands buff Rusell deal damage 350% to the target and nearby enemies.

Saying it like that doesn’t make it true.

I agree it should be consider a defensive buff. Thank you.

They won’t get it. We KNOW it is a Defensive buff.

1 Like

I just wish bypass worked against dodge. Not sure if there is a suggestion box but i think that would make dodge more balanced.