Buff Mack & Rokkamush

Adding this to the many other separate threads that were created when people were proposing different Heroes that need buffing/improvements.

I throw my hat in the ring! I’m still keeping these heroes in my roster, but I do hope that they get a base buff now that certain things have been introduced in the game already.

Rokkamush
Current status:

• Deals 200% damage to all enemies. Each hit has 50% accuracy.
  • All hit enemies receive 160 Bleed damage over 4 turns.
Proposal:

Initially, I thought the general gimmick would be similar to Sumle, whose Special Skill has an accuracy reduction from everyone else by default. However, it’s very much a waste of mana that has the chance to 100% NOT hit any targets and waste all the generated mana to perform -0 HP and -0 Bleed damage on ALL enemies.

Additionally, the other Ettin Hero in Underwild (Kravekrush) does not have the same accuracy default to his Special Skill. His skill doesn’t have a chance of 100% missing the 3 Heroes he strikes after debuffing all enemies from reviving or receiving resurrection buffs. Rokkamush shouldn’t be punished for this without a legitimate reason to believe his skill would be overpowering.

Proposal 1

• Increase mana speed from Fast to Very Fast.
  • Increase the accuracy of each hit from 50% to 70% or 75%. OR Increase the damage when there are dead enemies on the enemy team.
  • Increase the Bleed damage from 160 to 200 OR Reduce the duration from 4 to 2.

Proposal 2

• Remove the accuracy penalty from the first point. Each hit has a 100% accuracy.
  • Increase the Bleed damage from 160 to 180 OR Reduce the duration from 4 to 3 or 2.

Proposal 3

• Add a berserk buff to all allies that lasts the same amount of turns as the Bleed damage.
    ** All allies get +25% attack and a further +5% increase every time they are hit for 4 turns.
  • Make the Bleed damage apply to all enemies regardless if hit; Remove the debuff from being conditional.

Mack
Current status:

• The caster and nearby allies counterattack with 125% of the damage received for 4 turns.
  • The caster and nearby allies get +25% attack for 4 turns.
Proposal:

Before Dunes, it was somewhat theoretical to some that Mack’s gimmick was that the increased attack would increase the damage received from the enemy’s attack. However, this was not the case and the Hero was a very terrible, reductionist combination of having Boril and Kiril active on only the caster and 2 others.

Now, there’s an opportunity to drastically revamp Mack in a way that would make him worthwhile in rosters.

Proposal 1

• Replace the counterattack buff on 3 to the counterstance buff on 3.
    ** The caster and nearby allies couterattack with 100%/110% of the damage received for 4 turns. The damage increses by +5% with each counterattack, maxing out at 130% or 135%.
  • Expand the attack buff to ALL allies, especially if it’s kept at +25%.

Proposal 2

• Expand the counterattack buff to ALL allies. Reduce the damage to 90%.
  • Replace the attack buff with a berserk buff.
    ** The caster and nearby allies get +25% attack and a further +5% increase every time they are hit for 4 turns.

Proposal 3

• Add the countercut buff on 3 (Ferant’s buff) OR Add the mana gain per counter buff on 3. (Sumitomo’s buff)
  • Replace the attack buff with the heal per attack buff.

Open to other suggestions to buff these two. I don’t plan on ever dumping them until they finally give more people reason to keep these guys.

I would add an undispellable counterattack to Mack along with your idea of all allies counterattack with 90% of the damage received. This would actually make him useful.

For Roklamush, like you propose, an increasing 50, 60, 70, 80% chance along with an increase in beserk mode for all allies which increases their attack by the same 50, 60, 70 and 80%.

I feel that by giving all allies an attack up mitigates any miss that Roklamush does make.

1 Like

I’d definitely would be interested in Mack being maxed if his counterattack was undispellable too. Rokkamush, too, I think the accuracy penalty would be fine if he was either faster or gave allies a buff that still helped in battle, so that it doesn’t feel like a mana waste whenever he activated.

1 Like

I think that with so many heroes that have not yet been reexamined these 2 really do need a helping hand.

Mine are sitting unleveled for the same reason yours are.

At least if they had what you have proposed they might well see more play time.

As for the attack up from Rokkamush, I think it is a natural extension of the hero itself.
And with Mack, he does need something none of the other 4* reflect heroes have.

1 Like

Revisiting old threads on here for hero balances and reviving this one if they manage to come out with a costume for Rokkamush or Mack. Before they do that, consider either buffing their bases to what I suggested or having their costumes be what I proposed. It won’t make either of them desirable to have the options both read the same.

2 Likes