Boredom in Diamond raids / 5* Tournaments / Wars

Everyone in my alliance is super sick of going up against the same war tank every war for 5 months in a row.

1 Like

For the last weeks/months 95% of raids I`m getting against Telluria tank. This is really boring as it forces you to stack on red over and over again, which obviously leads to people getting sick of this game.
The reason is very simple, as Telluria is simply crazy OP in comparison to all other cards, therefore it is well understandable that people like to use it. I really dont understand the strategy behind it, as it should be in the best interest of SG to have as much diversity as possible, as this is the only way to keep users interested in the game and keep spending money on it.

@SG, why dont you just buff some of the existing red heroes that could counter Telluria? Perhaps something similar as it was earlier done with Victor and Guinevere? It wasnt perfect, but it also wasnt that bad.

2 Likes

Or they could nerf Tell which is what people wanted. Take away the healing ability would be my suggestion. I have Vela and they nerfed her into being inconsequential. She used to be a tank, then they nerfed her the first time…and because there was the trio of Tell, Vela and GM they nerfed her again rather than nerfing Tell. I’m fed up with going against Tell with multiple reds and losing most of the time.

They did nerf Telluria…by nerfing Vela :man_facepalming: Vela is no longer the hero we summoned. Not saying she’s way worst, but it’s a different hero.

What team/teams do you use to fight Telluria?

I prefer 5x red: 2x Marjana, Ares, (sometimes) Mitsuko and then Boldtusk/Santa Claus/Anzogh or Azlar, depending of the rest of the oponent team. However the point is that the raids/wars are simply boring now, as you always need to stack red, sometimes 3x2 or 4x1, but always and this is really enjoying. Nerfing Telluria would be for sure a good approach seen from my perspective, but since so many people spend so much money on getting her, then I understand that it might not be too easy.

Agreed with this for me as well… Simply don’t understand, even after making original mistake, they keep beating around the bush… and fixing heroes which don’t really need fixing, but not the actual mistake, the tank, the hero which started it all, i.e. Telluria (and yes, I know their two nerf attempts, but again, to me, that only shows, how big this mistake was… god only knows, what they were thinking - something I’ve said before, so enough said now :frowning: )

Edit: And yes, I am skipping raids, and lost interest in it, like never before… Filling my raid chest, in once in 2-3 days… may be more… Simply don’t care anymore… and something tells me, the impact is even larger, because now that I am going down the path of getting bored with raids, and not care for one chest etc… soon I might not care for rest of the game either…
And no, this is not a threat (in case of response… why don’t I leave already, instead of complaining)… But just saying, I understand and feel similar way as the title of the post, if that matters and helps…

This is the team I use in raids 95% of the time:
tim 8
and it actually has pretty high success rate against Telly tanks despite the fact that it does not have a single sniper in it. Survivability of this team is amazing, and tiles do huge damage with Tarlak buff. Before I have maxed c.Kadilen, I have used Telluria instead of her.
I don`t remember the last time I was under 2500 cups, so most of the defenses I face in raids are GTV.

In use mono yellow
G.Jackal, Malosi, Justice, Onatel, C.Joon

You don’t need to stack red to win against telluria. My team of grazul vela tell lotl and kingston destroy most telly teams and when I get bored of my tell I will swap out for a domitia or kage

Mitsuko Boldtusk c.Elena Marjana Azlar. Telluria is not a reason for concern. A board has to be red dry to lose. Most Telluria teams have at least one blue hero, many of them have two. Mitsuko makes short work of Vela, Magni, Finley (which commits a spectacular suicide, by the way) or other blue heavy damage dealers. The stronger and faster they hit, the better. Just activate Mitsuko and hurl tiles at the blue hero. Boldtusk negates Vela’s only troublesome effect Marja hits whoever is the most dangerous enemy, Elena and Azlar, boosted by Boldtusk clear the battlefield in one strike.

1 Like

I use a 3-1-1 with C.Rigard, C.Tiburtus, C.Sartana or C.Domitia depending on the mood, Mitsuko, Mist (so 60% 4*s).

Unless it’s a state-of-the-art defense with Drake+GM+Jabberwock/Killhare at +19-20, my winrate is pretty much 90%.

The issue with Telly isn’t that she’s too fearsome - it’s just that she annoys you in literally every possible way in the game. The other 4 high damage fast+ heroes do all the heavy lifting.

War to ban color every week will be more interesting

1 Like

I did no raids for a very long time, since telluria came up, maybe 2 chests per week, only to stay in diamond

Since about two weeks I just set a weaker defense (aka cup dropping) now I am falling down regularly below 2000 cups and I do only revenges and get up to about 2300 cups again. My win rate is >95% even with very dry boards. I gain a lot of iron and ham, open my Raid chest twice a day and test a lot of new 3-2 stacks and I have very much fun with it.

1 Like
  • No, I enjoy them.
  • Yes, they always were and are still boring.
  • Yes, ever since Telluria became and still is the most common tank in raids.
  • Yes, but for other reasons (leave a comment, if you please can).

0 voters

Yes, but I don’t blame Telluria.

Here are the reasons:

My answer is yes … but it’s not because of just one hero or a combination of heroes… you are always going to see must have heroes like Guinevere and Kunchen were in their time.
Telluria will soon get knocked off her perch.
The biggest issue that changed the game for me was the introduction of emblems…
And now we have the power creep
Not to mention the money grab
And then all these changes and balancing that upset so many players to the point it gets toxic.
Just my two pennies worth

2 Likes

Yes, but not because of tellu which you can always avoid fighting. My reply has do with raids now being a win/lose situation. A lots changed in the last two year and balanced fights seems to be gone. In raids, if I win its because I seemed to have slaughtered them and there no feeling of satisfaction from a give and take battle. When I lose, all I’ve done is powered up the defense while being pummeled and then finished off in a few skilled shots.

1 Like

since teluria got into our life it became a challenge.how to beat her… with stupid heros

I used to love raiding. But like others have said, it seems very unbalanced now. Earlier, I would have fights that would go down to the last hero hanging in there with 1-10hp handing out my win or loss. Now it’s like, I get tiles, I win, I don’t get tiles, I lose. Of course this is a function of me raiding more with monos now. But going 3-2 or 3-1-1 doesn’t get significantly better boards either.

I have seen the boards get a lot of one color lately. More often than not, it’s NOT the color I’m running … even when I’m running 2-3 colors. When it is, of course, my raid is won in like 2-3 moves … which I guess is a win but doesn’t give the satisfaction of a well fought victory.

3 Likes