Be a Regular Hero šŸ¤¹ - guide for Regular Forum Users

A little backgroundā€¦

The platform this forum uses is called Discourse. Discourse allows for different ā€˜trust levelsā€™ depending on the amount of time you spend on the forum or what is allocated by the staff.

When a forum member achieves a certain level of forum use, they receive the trust level of Regular. This allows you certain permissions.

How Do I Qualify to Be a Regular?

Summary

Trust Level 3 ā€” Regular

Regulars are the backbone of your community, the most active readers and reliable contributors over a period of months, even years. Because theyā€™re always around, they can be further trusted to help tidy up and organize the community.

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 daysā€¦

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced

You can be a Regular Hero and use these permissions to help the moderators.

Have a round of applause :clap:

So what can you do and how, and when, should you do it?

Editing is opened by tapping the pencil icon:

3d9rjm

3d9rov

Change a Threadā€™s Category

The description of each category is listed in the drop down when a draft is opened, but not everyone reads or understands them.

Common Thread Types and Where to Put Them

General Discussion:

• Complaints
  • Loot Box discussions
  • Major threads, like Beta Beat and Seasonal Events (@zephyr1 is working with Small Giant Staff to get a new home for these on the Forum)

Gameplay:

• Personal roster or strategy questions
  • All useful discussion about gameplay (i.e. anything thatā€™s not a rant/complaint)
  • Class Trials and Raid Tournament threads

Community Content:

• Fan fiction, art, and music
  • Anything funny
  • Anything thatā€™s community oriented but not entirely game related
  • Personal anecdotes about gameplay experience, e.g. ā€œhereā€™s where I am after 1 yearā€ sorts of threads
  • General video and outside website sharing (one thread per YouTube channel/website)

Bugs:

• Actual bugs
  • Complaints/confusion that are ā€œresolvableā€ and likely to be mistaken for bugs by other players

Player Guides:

• Spreadsheets and data sets
  • Analysis of farming, summons and game statistics
  • Lists of lists to resources
  • Detailed advice by players with a mature understanding of the game

Foreign Language

• Anything posted in a foreign language should be moved here. Sometimes itā€™s possible to use a translator website and assist, but this is difficult with anything other than short posts

A common error, for instance, is people asking for guidance post in Player Guides, while this is really for players with a mature understanding of the game to post data and advice. Players asking for guidance should normally post in Gameplay Help and Tactics

When Should I Change a Category?

When the category is clearly wrong. However it is often good forum etiquette to ask the OP to change it themselves first or post a friendly explanation.

Change a Threadā€™s Name

Regulars are also able to edit the name of a thread using the edit pencil icon.

When Should I Edit a Thread Name?

For two main reasons:

• if the name is offensive or otherwise a breach of forum rules. In this case, replacing the offensive word with asterisks * may suffice. If the main body of the text is also offensive, a flag will also need to be submitted

• if the name is too vague. This makes it difficult for others to search or reply appropriately. Again, itā€™s good etiquette to politely recommend the OP does this or explain your actions.

43 Likes

@zephyr1 for reviewā€¦ when you have time :grin:

2 Likes

I made a couple small edits, but otherwise it looks great!

Do you mind dropping in a couple screenshots of the category change and returning process? A few Regulars have said in the past that they never noticed the option for that, so knowing what the icons look like may help.

Thanks!

12 Likes

I like!
Great step towards supporting the mods!

One thing probably not only I ask myself, but is also interesting for others: Is there a possibility to view the current %-status of the specific requirements for our own account?

4 Likes
7 Likes

Oddly enough, I donā€™t think so. I typically just look it up and tell people when they ask.

You currently need:

• to reply to 2 more topics
  • to view 195 more topics
  • to read 14,075 more posts
  • to give 24 more likes
  • to receive 13 more likes
  • to have 2 more unique days on which you received likes
6 Likes

Woah. Have I really read that much? :open_mouth:

7 Likes

You have to read 20k posts every 100 days on a rolling basis to earn and maintain Regular status.

You can see in your own profile how many total posts youā€™ve ever read.

In the last 100 days, youā€™ve read 34,945.

To be fair, ā€œreadā€ effectively means ā€œviewed.ā€ Iā€™m sure some of them are posts youā€™ve basically just scrolled by.

6 Likes

That makes sense. I have just scrolled to the end of some threads.

Iā€™ve never renamed a topic but I have moved things on occasion. Mainly the easy ones; foreign language posts, since they are the easiest to quickly say ā€œYup, definitely in the wrong spot.ā€

7 Likes

This is the real reason for the loot threads and count to twenty :wink:

13 Likes

I want my regular status back

2 Likes

Iā€™m fine bein irregular lol

Wait so if Iā€™m not regular, does this make me premium?

9 Likes

Fellow regulars,

Feel free to use this guide, but no one is under any obligation :slightly_smiling_face:

@Nash @voidstrike @CrBear @Expired @Jlb @Oriontron @Wraith @ChaosWeever @Joyful818

6 Likes

Thanks @JonahTheBard Iā€™ve bookmarked this and had started doing some of these things since becoming a regular.

I just didnā€™tā€¦you knowā€¦didnā€™t want people to know I can be a productive member of societyā€¦

ā€¦would prefer they just thought I only knew how to count (somewhat)

10 Likes

Iā€™m on-board to help where I can. Iā€™ll start practicing some of this stuff in the coming days.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll tag some more regulars in a bit but Iā€™m at the dentist :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining what it takes to be the Regular status. Iā€™ve had it given to me before I went on a monthly trip overseas, taken away while there. Re-given a few months later, and then taken away again. Didnā€™t know what it took to get it. But I did know that with it I could re-name threads or move them to different categories.

I consider myself a regular forum visitor, but I donā€™t always post/reply since the forum is very often inundated with threads to the nature of ā€œwho do I put on my defensive team,ā€ ā€œrate my defensive team,ā€ ā€œwho do I ascend out of this batch of heroesā€ type of threads. Not that because they are meaningless posts, but a vast majority of them (if not all of them) can be answered by something in the nature of ā€œDepends on who else you have on your roster.ā€ I also applaud the veteran forum goers to tirelessly come into these posts after posts and help them out.

It also occurred to me that a vast majority of players seem ā€œterrifiedā€ of making perceived mistakes in this game (hence the abundance of the thread types above). So what if you put Renfeld or Dawa on your defensive team or you ascended Hu Tao over Li Xiu? With the game growing in hero variety and older heroes becoming less attractive to newer heroes with better abilities and introduction of emblems, there is going to a time when a defense that worked wonders for you are going to start taking cup losses. No defense is absolutely perfect because somewhere, there will be players figuring out combinations to defeating your roster, and with a little RNG luck on the boards, will beat your defense.

To me, the better way to enjoy this game is to read about how things work from forums, allies, and try for yourself different combinations, as opposed to being ā€œtoldā€ what to do, and then later on come back and sayā€¦ (and we know this happens)
giphy

7 Likes

No. This makes us the kings of flags. We and Sheldon :rofl:

6 Likes

I think I was a regular for about 2 months.

Then life took over and I stopped caring about such things.

Also I think Iā€™ve been flagged a few times and donā€™t really care about that either.

3 Likes

Well arenā€™t you just peachy today

4 Likes