🏅 [Aug 4, 2019] 16th Raid Tournament! — 3* Buff Booster, No Fire/Red

@l2ider

Chochin is average, not slow. Don’t think the difference between fast and average is enough to warrant the move, but I’m open to being convinced otherwise…

Going in with this defense. Thanks for the advice!

3 Likes

Not sure there is a good 3* center this week. Most good centers seem to be 5* heroes since their special skills have so many effects and physical/ slash attacks are weak on defense.

As a center Brienne seems too easy to circumvent. Brienne’s special skill does no damage. It is likely to get a single use before it is dispelled by attacker’s Belith ( green ) or Tyrum ( purple). Because it is so powerful as a center, it is worth the attacker holding onto a charged dispell special skill.

Healing cannot be dispelled. Belith is sturdier than Melia, and Hisan.

Hisan and Melia seem like better flanks than Mnesseus.

Hopefully fast mana speed Melia, and Hisan, on flanks will make color stacking heavily dependent on RNG.

Chameleon form

Chameleon form ( like ghost form for Ameonna) cannot be dispelled.

Bruiser Bro buff can be dispelled.

image I guess I got confused by what it says on the Muggy card since it also says the status effect cannot be dispelled

Welcome to the @zephyr1 team. Let’s see how the three of us do.

3 Likes

I ran into a bit of snag here as I’m hemming and hawing about which greens to include: I only have two 2* troops for each color. :wink: I basically just kept the Attack troops of each color, leveled one of each to 10, and left the other at 1.

So as soon as I go to a third green, that one gets 0% troop help. :frowning:

With that in mind, I ended up narrowing down my choices of defense to:

Melia - Brienne - Belith - Chochin - Melia
OR
Melia - Mnesseus - Brienne - Chochin - Melia

While the second one there hits harder, the first has Belith in the center, hopefully healing at least once to keep the team alive long enough for Brienne’s buff to kick in, and maybe she’ll have time to fire off again to keep the increased damage rolling in.

I guess it’s time to just pick one, so… I’ll roll with the first and see what happens.

2 Likes

I’ll be interested to see how that goes!

Melia crit do not stack iirc and opens your defense to a dark stack (granted this will be good for Chochin)

Idk if you have Gato but he’s fast, blocks skills to adjacent. I almost used him if I didn’t have more green heroes. Might consider him

I went with two Melia on the edges because she is the highest-damage 3* that hits all targets; technically less than Jahangir, but she does more damage overall because she’s Fast speed.

The setup I’ve chosen has these key features:

• Melia buffs everyone’s crit chance
  • Brienne buffs everyone’s damage
  • Belith heals allies and dispels the enemy team
  • Chochin does a chunk of damage to 2-3
    …and ultimately, the hope is that between 2x Melia and Chochin doing damage to multiple enemy heroes, the buff-boosted slash attacks will finish them off

Wait… does +critical chance do anything for a defense? Or do defense slash attacks never crit? Hmm…

They can Crit, so yes, it’s effective on Defense, although obviously there are typically fewer Slash Attacks from a Defense than tile hits from an Offense.

2 Likes

OK, good… my thinking was, keep the team alive, buff their crit, buff their damage… and let all those buffs add even MORE damage.

Obviously, that goes out the window if an opponent manages to dispel, but then, that’s going to happen or not anyway, so might as well plan for best-case scenario. :wink:

1 Like

Now I am confused.

Sounds like Harpoon were they ran out of space to describe it.

Let’s see and proof it in the coming tournament. Sounds like they meant the bruised bros, but if I remember right, they won’t have any buffs after becoming a liz.

The buff is there even in Liz form

5 Likes

Thx. The reborn have a non dispellable buff. Nice.

And welcome to the
@zephyr1 def club… :wink:

4 Likes

First time in the game there is the niche for Friar Tuck - still not worth ascending him :slight_smile:
I am going with Melia-Brienne-Carver-Buddy-Mnesseus (all vanilla, no emblems for 3*).

2 Likes

It’s the Muggy tournament :rofl: I’m expecting lots of Muggys and Chamaeleons. Already had to fight them in my first fight. Wondering if his effect works best as a flank or in a wing position. I have put my Muggy as a flank.
My defense is Valen +15, Belith, Mnesseus, Muggy, Melia +9

4 Likes

As he is not Alb or MN, who directly ressurect, he is imho best at flank position.
He has to cast before your heroes are dead.

2 Likes

On the other side my def should kill the attackers before they’ll become bruised bros. So I decided to put him left wing as my last chance.

1 Like

The problem with your def is the Brienne, as when seh casts, it does not hurt immediately. And her buff can be easily dispelled.

1 Like