Anyone else tired of the challenge events?

I think the rewards chests are a big factor affecting the score in the new format. 5000 “free@ points is worth a lot, just keep trying stages until you get one. But I would also agree that a larger player base is a factor.

Nope, no one one noticed that a green female ninja named jade is also in Mortal Kombat :grin:
I just got her the other day. I would love to have scarlet, kitana, milleena, Frost, and Khameleon too.

1 Like

I’m not tired of the challenge events, BUT they take up a lot of time just for completion, and there are too many recurring events now. I have asked in the upcoming Q&A with game designers whether they plan to revert the older challenge events back to 10 stages:

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/upcoming-q-a-with-game-designers-spring-2021-edition-questions/239514/122?u=samme

I’m hoping they will respond in the positive, but I only have a really small hope. :rofl:

4 Likes

Anything titled an EVENT should not have unlimited replays of any sort. If the number was limited all good with it, but unlimited replays is not an EVENT. Name one poker tournament on this earth that had unlimited buy ins. Wanna see real leader board, limit the replays. That way the INFERIOR PLAYERS can’t get their real loot.

Aha !!

Who says it is unlimited? The event is just only for several days, not 365 consecutive days in a year. That is one limitation. Another one, it limited for the time availability of the player. Not all can spend 24 hours a day just to do the so-called “replays”. Another one, availability of WE flask or gems for WE refills. Not everyone has unlimited WE flasks and gems. Lastly, patience and endurance of the player for the said “replays”. I am sure that is by itself a limitation.

While I generally agree that event should be limited, there are several “affairs” which allows for several retries. Comparing the event to poker is like an apples vs oranges comparison. They have different set rules. You can go to the arcade and make several attempts on computer games just to beat the best score. The retries depend on the player’s resources, endurance, availability of the machine, etc. You may also shoot hoops there just for you to be rewarded with tickets. That can also be replayed too. And yeah, I consider them as an event. Based on the Cambridge dictionary, an event is defined as anything that happens, especially something important or unusual. Wanna see the real leaderboard? Yeah, they are mostly the same players excelling in Ninja Tower and Mythic Titans, both that can only be played without repeating.

And yeah. The rich are rich. The poor are poor. Superior players vs inferior players. There are always contradictions wherever you are. Who cares?

2 Likes

The problem I have with being able to endlessly replay event levels are twofold:

1: It’s not a matter of skill, only a matter of who is prepared to farm the most items.

2: The same players who laugh at the ranters in-game and on here about how boards are not rigged but are purely RNG, are the very ones who circumvent RNG by replaying :man_shrugging:.

For the events to be a true challenge of both roster and “skill”, each level should be one and done. Take the board as is and play it to the best of your ability, not reroll and then blow through it with items anyway, which should also be limited imo.

Oh no!! That’d make it a crap shoot, as the player who wins will only have had the benefit of good boards!

Players want to preach RNG is the great leveler, then let it be so.

3 Likes

I auto farm 95% of the events, aiming for tier completion. Might take a bit of human intervention while facing the bosses on lvl 13 - 15 in each tier, but that’s as far as I’m willing to go in events. Soon as tier revards are secured it’s auto rare 3 all the way for xp, feeders and the ocassional coins.

3 Likes

I prefer if the reward is score-based instead of rank-based.

1 Like

Whhhaaattt??? I do this every challenge event since i am capable of finishing them since 2018. I love autoplaying the first 3 stages of the rare tier. Experience is high for the cost of world energy flag.

I fully agree! The rewards are not all that great either! And the events run too close and you get crunched for time! :-1:

I just Autoplay stages 1 to 12 and have been doing so for more than a year. :rofl:

Completion rewards FTW!

2 Likes

Yes, the highest game wide I think, at 900+ / flag. Good xp boost every month. How about Atlantis Rises? I auto run 15/8 hard. I get 250 recruits and 18500 xp out of a WE flask (53 flags) And I usually get an additional run from the left over flags and those who spawn during autofarming. I get about 90% wins here and some ocasional defeats. Any better levels for auto that don’t requiere much stronger teams?

1 Like

S2 9-10 N gives you 1920 exp/run which times 18 (54 flags) adds up to 34560exp per we flask.

So almost double the exp, yet this might take longer than playing through your levels (dont know tho)

Recruits are about the same

1 Like

Yeah, my go to map during AR is what @danig specified. It doesn’t offer much, but the 3 WE flag provides decent experience points. It may take longer, but I like the idea of having maximizing WE flag for a higher chance facing the sea dragon.

1 Like

and besides sea dragons, every run has a new chance of feeder heroes and especially feeder troops, which i am by now way more delighted to obtain than the feederheroes.

So basically no disadvantages.

1 Like

Except the fact that it takes forever… but the xp amount is worth it, I guess. I’ll sure give it a try. And more, there’s no risk of defeat. In 15/8 H auto, I get beat once in a while, no biggie, but still, it’s 9 wasted flags…

Yep. Feeder heroes and feeder troops. Backpacks. Nuggets. Bones. And most crafting materials we regularly need.

1 Like

well it’s 3 times the flag amount of 9-10 N but it probaly doenst take 3 times as long so you got me there :slight_smile:
boss in 9-10 N is mokkar so the good thing is you basically cant die if u bring atleast one purple hero.
(I bring no healer)
and its just 3 waves so pretty quick too

Milleena is my favourite MK fighter,was very disappointed to see her die in MK 10

Please , don’t play if you don’t want

1 Like