Anyone else tired of the challenge events?

I can beat each stage no problem but the whole thing just takes too long with little reward other than some emblems - which they are handing out like cheap candy now - so bored with it - at least give a 4 star ascension item for hard level

20 Likes

My personal take, is that Iā€™m not motivated enough by the rewards to try to place anymore. I used to be able to place Top 10.000 Rare, Top 5.000 Epic, Top 10.000 Legendary.

But one month I found myself spending my whole Sunday afternoon replaying stages just to keep my ranking - I think itā€™s gotten harder because either more people are competing, or current competitors are getting better - and decided it wasnā€™t worth my time anymore.

if it didnā€™t take so much time though, I would try for it, as the rewards in those tiers are decent (in my opinion/ based on my situation as FTP).

19 Likes

To be honest I play all levels of the event. But not motivated by the rewards so donā€™t do replay.
And yes agree itā€™s a bit too time consuming.
And yes agree with you about emblems- I see more and more 5 x 5* teams with all heroes at +20

2 Likes

I think the completition rewards are pretty good! The emblems are the juicy partā€¦
Regarding replaying, yep, its stressing and repetitive and sometimes only for a couple of EHT , flasks and ETTs.

Maybe try to place for rare 1k is worth due to the 4ā˜† mat but its not easy.

I think this event i wont be putting much effort so i doubt even i will get top 10k or epic 5k. Lets see if i have the energy/willing to try it

3 Likes

Never had the feeling I needed to push myself on top of the ranking. Finishing the event is enough for me. Although, I farm a lot to gain XP on low rare level; good XP ratio for 1 WEā€¦ Doing this, I usually finish with almost 20 coins from random ā€œtreasure monstersā€. Curiously, this month, I only encountered two since yesterday and Iā€™m almost auto-replaying non-stop all day longā€¦ Anyone noticed a lower rate of treasure monsters?

3 Likes

I donā€™t mind the single run through to grab the rewards but Iā€™ve definitely found that the last few events have been a complete grind to finish in the upper reward tiers. Whether this is down to more players competing with better teams or just my complete lack of desire to replay the same stage over and over to improve my score, Iā€™m not sure. Probably a bit of both.

Either way, after this event I think Iā€™m done chasing the higher tiers and will be content to just come away with a few EHT or ETT.

5 Likes

I still love them. The added Emblems add an extra incentive. I donā€™t shoot for highest score, but I do make sure I get the extra flasks at the end of the event so I monitor my rank.

2 Likes

Iā€™m playing less and less and tend to autoplay the first 8 levels. Then check in at last level for a bit and then play 13-15 myself. You get a really bad score like that but at least no stress and save so much time.

4 Likes

Yes tired and bored.
For one account me clearing all stages.
Other 2 not playing atall.
Shut down everything except war and titan.
Just really completly losing intrest in this game.
Active coz of clan mates and some newbies around.
And yes me completed 3 years in e&p.
In forum very soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I like to finish stages but I donā€™t compete, too much grind and effort and wasted resources. I usually do try to get within 100k and thatā€™s it. Challenges are the worst for me (mid player here)

1 Like

Never tried compeating. One run for the tier revards, than itā€™s all auto run rare 3 for xp feeders and tokens. Too many emblems lately thoughā€¦ way too manyā€¦

4 Likes

I do exactly the same thing. Just farming rare stage 3.

1 Like

I love them but I wish they rewarded you with the ability to do 2 summons after completing them all. Like rare gives 4, epic gives 6, and legendary gives 10. Every events should allow for 2 summons at the portal.

3 Likes

I personally like challenge events, but I dislike how they work : the retribution system is only good for whales. Winners are always the same. You canā€™t win an avatar from these events, and youā€™ll be very lucky if you manage to win a 4* mat. I find this quite sad and discouraging. However, emblems in the end of each difficulty are a nice thing (150 in legendary is nice).

6 Likes

Same. Already takes long enough trying to complete the whole thing. Replaying is far too time intensive.

3 Likes

Pirates, wonderland,grimforest and guardians are still interesting,morlovia and holidays events needs upgrade,the newcomers are ok for now, especially tavern and the ninja tower,anyone else noticed that jade from the ninjas event is a Tribute to mortal Kombat?

1 Like

I like the events, but liked it more when there were only 10 stages. The addition of 5 stages to each of the 3 levels, does make it feel like Iā€™m grinding through. Also, the rewards are mehā€¦

3 Likes

I enjoy the challenge events, so I play them. I donā€™t have the heroes/troops for the better rewards, so I just complete them without using a bunch of resources.

Those who diligently try to repeat the stages and waste battle items and WE flasks to improve their rankings SHOULD have those better goodies. Those who do not should not get them and be content on what the inferior loot to be given on their respective ranking. To each according to the work done.

3 Likes

You donā€™t really need to spend a lot to compete in Rare. But as thatā€™s the most accessible to everyone itā€™s probably the most competitive too.

You use a lot of items but you make them for nothing so again, not really just for whales.

The top 1000 in Rare is something most players could have a run at once that understand how you need to play it.

1 Like