Alliance Wars - Poor sportsmanship

I don’t care we are winning, this is poor sportsmanship. If anyone thinks battling just a small handful of fully loaded teams is fun and fair, needs their head examined.

Honestly speaking, if I was in an alliance that had absolutely NO interest in AW, this is probably what I’d suggest we’d do. You can’t force people to put in the effort, but there’s no way to opt out right now, either. So your team gets an easy win, and my alliance gets to focus on what we prioritise over AW, which is probably titans and gaining on the leaderboard.

So far the alliances doing this, shown lots of interest. Hence why I don’t believe that theory being giving here to hold true.

2 Likes

I don’t understand hat you are trying to say.

Little anger, 5th alliance war. our opponent is not very classy. Opposite alliance is composed of 28 teams but for the war 23 teams fight. they withdraw 5 teams from the 12 weakest teams. And in these 6 weak teams, 2 teams defend with 1 hero. At the end, the points are spread over the strongest teams. They have diminished their alliance trophy with these weak teams who do not participate in the war. Which means that the alliance score should not be taken into account but only the defensive teams that line up to make war and not allow to align 1 hero in a team. That’s it that’s all. We will surely lose but without cheating. For those who talk about strategy, I answer NO, the strategy is to use the heroes that are available and not to look for tips to bypass the approach calculation method of alliances. I think the creators of the game should penalize this kind of alliance because they affect the smooth running of the war. I will see as sanction a suspension of the alliance war, freeze the chests of the game and the raids and down their titan at level 1 for 15 days. I think that would be fair compared to those who play in the rule and without cheating.

1 Like

Each alliance is worth 2000 points. You’ll get there faster if they jave weaker teams. You should send them a thank you

4 Likes

It’s the opposite, they have removed a number of their weakest teams from their alliance (yet taken into account in alliance score). These weak teams are not part of the war (half) and those who participate do not show a hero in defense so the points are spread over their big teams (3600 to 4100).

I believe the actual complaint is that people who have defense teams lower than (for example) 2400 team power only set one hero in defense. This gives more of the points to the teams with over 3000 power that aren’t being attacked because they want more teams under 2400 to just repeat for points.

Honestly the entire discussion is a moot point. The devs can’t even match alliances against folks with similar strengths so why would they care about addressing this ‘problem’

Great! This means they can score less against you as they jave fewwe attackers since they kicked them from the alliance. It also means their big defenses are worth even more and you don’t have to spend flags on 20 point kills

1 Like

I feel like I am smashing my head repeatedly against a brick wall.

Learn how the scoring works, @NitrousOxide . These teams are gifting you victory.

3 Likes

Because it is not a problem. This is a losing strategy.

The strong teams would be there regardless of other defenses. They will tale you 4 to 5 flags you estimate. Now youll get hundreds of points fornthose 4 to 5 flags instesd of 66. You will wipe out the remainder of their teams with 1 flag each instead of 1 to 3 (just guessing). Overall you get 2000 points for 40 or so flags instead of 60 flags. Use the extra flags you now have to score higher than you would have if they put strong defenses all

1 Like

I agree, however the ‘problem’ is that the folks complaining will take 5-6 flags to beat those stronger teams and instead just want teams of weaker players to beat.

It is a gift to them, but they don’t see it that way because they don’t want to play for victory they want to play for easy points. They can’t get easy points if the only teams they will fight are the same 6-8 one hero defense teams that take 6 hours to Respawn. It’s a problem with their approach not the mechanics

Then your problem is with your team, not your opposition. You need to communicate the situation to them. If you can’t win against those tactics then you are a bad alliance.

Convince them that they are part of a team and their individual points don’t matter excpet possibly for top scorer

1 Like

I understand how the scoring works son, your not understanding their ‘problem’

And is not one I share. Let me explain, in raids you attack people with more cups to move up in rank and I do this. But people still have complaints that they loose 50 cups for a loss against a team 400 team power weaker than them.

They don’t see it as a gift and you’re wasting time trying to explain it because you don’t understand why they don’t like it. I’m not saying they are right, just trying to explain their ‘problem’ to you because while you and I agree it doesn’t exist… This thread is really only for them to complain about it in because nothing is going to change their mind however often you explain it to them.

If your observation is that silly people sometimes think silly things, then I agree with you. But I do not see that as a problem. Should we really worry so much about silly people?

2 Likes

I believe when I first replied I called the discussion a moot point, so thankfully we are on the same page now…

It’s not going to be addressed because if (and more hopefully when) the matching system gets addressed the ‘issue’ won’t persist. People will have grown tired of shooting themselves in the foot… Right now people aren’t clever enough to take advantage of it so just let them blow off some steam.

1 Like

I think that is a sensible attitude.

If you don’t want to participate in AW, you could still put in a real defense and not attack, just like now, only you’d give the opposing team some real targets to hit and have fun with.

All your doing above is taking that opportunity to have fun away from your opponents, who might want to use their attacks in a meaningful and fun way. Most people I’ve talked to aren’t looking for an “easy win” but to do meaningful attacks. If you’re going to not attack and lose anyway, what’s the harm in putting out a real defense so your opponents can have some fun??

Is the above currently legal? Yes. Is it a total **** move? Yes.

3 Likes

So far this is our fourth AW, no losses yet. That’s three AW we won, another one we will have bagged. I’m also not intentionally trying to brag, but people on here likes making assumptions and should take some steps back and carefully read and pay attention to what’s being said on here.

My alliance is a well coordinated alliance, so we won’t easily be beat. What’s the problem then? The problem is the small handful of full hero def teams aren’t much for the masses. Basically two, or three members wipes them out and that’s it. We won’t even think about wasting our time with one hero def lineups… besides points won not even remotely worth the energy both virtual and physical.

So basically put…, NO FUN FOR THE ALLIANCE MASSES… HELLO! CAN YOU UNDER STAND NOW? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: