Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

Hi,My alliance love to play wars when they appears at the beginning,but every update make them worst.Last update I don’t know why for three time in a row always enemy has advantage over my alliance and also still having more team power than us.That still making unfair balance.The worst happen my member are feel frustrating and are starting leaving the alliance,because when the team see there are no chace to Winn with those unbalance powered enemy they decide no play.So what are you going to do?Update titan events to worst and eventually we are going to see this great game goes down? Go back to the first times of wars updates are too bad ,veeery bad.
Hoping you read that message,I love this game but this update is a crash,don’t work,is frustate.

2 Likes

You don’t lose anything by losing a war so not sure why people hate it so much, as far as having better match ups as always losing when you do like war is disappointing, so yeah that still seems to need some tinkering

We won by 650 points, but they had 4 non hitters and all our ally made the hits. It would be very close if they all attack

Seems that our war matchmaking was not good. OUAT (1148 Levels / 110K) / Insurrectionists (1086 Levels / 108K). @Dante2377 Is Dante2177 your other account? After a slow start they clear our alliance very fast. We guess we were going to loose hardly but after that we attack all together and do better (5413 / 4362). Maybe too much.
Insurrectionists wishes us (in french :)) a nice war. And congratulates us at the end. Obviously we reply to them in english. Really appreciate their fairplay and combativity.
I just hope they didn’t loose some teammates (2) because of this.

That bad of a throttling with 2k difference in scores just shows how good one side is at attacking and how bad the other side is.
My alliance has been 12-22k underdogs every time, and would LOVE to be just 2k dogs

1 Like

Thank you for listening to the players! That’s certainly the right choice if you ask me. :+1:

I also still think Alliance Wars is an exciting feature. I really appreciate the changes you made in the different war modes, it allows for more different strategies, slower heroes are more useful now.

For me one of the best features of AW is getting to use 30 different heroes, some of which I rarely use outside AW. Just an example: I’ve been slowly levelling Azlar, and it’s cool to see him in combat before I take him to my main team. Also it’s nice to give Balthazar some time on board again.

Also, AW has bonded our alliance closer. It has increased player participation. Which has helped us defeat stronger titans, which has helped us work better together even more. We don’t win all our wars and never will, but as an alliance we’ve never been stronger!

So, again, thank you! :+1:

How would that work? What kind of metric would have you considering removing the opt-out?

1 Like

Totally agree on this one. The reward is most of the time, not to say always, not worth the effort

2 Likes

Yes that is my alt. You guys won fair and square. we thought it was a good war. That alliance my alt is in was growing and so after the war several of us left to move to the other alliance; it had nothing to do with the war.

I think is about the number of alliances that use that feature in the next wars. If they see that many won’t play wars, they definetly remove that. But let’s hope that metric is broken like the one they use in matching, and they never found how many of us hate this unbalanced and boring war . :joy:

4 Likes

This is BS, another matchup for our squad (MetalMonsters) where we have no chance of winning. This will be 6 in a row where we will lose by close to 1000 points. Why can’t you guys figure this out?

3 Likes

Drob, I agree 100%.
I’ve been reading these comments and can’t for the life of me figure out what people are so upset about. As you said there is no punishment for a loss so what is the big deal. You even get loot when you lose. You don’t like to play don’t play, seems pretty simple to me.
I like the wars just for something different, variety makes it more enjoyable.

The difference between Casual and Competitive player. One cannot understand the other and vice versa :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So we are seeing improvement in our wars at the 100k alliance level. Our last 5 wars we are 2-3 and probably should be 3-2. We are still typically overpowered by 100 - 200 tp when looking at straight defensive teams, but perhaps our average benches are deep enough to overcome. Last war we attacked 154 times to their 146. Their average defense was 80 points higher than ours. They had 9 fully levelled 5* us 2, but we were able to get them in the end:

Again a war lost. The matching can seem fair at first sight but looking closer you can see that they will be able to clear the field and I don’t think we will be able to.
Surprisingly, we had good matching with the titan score, winning and loosing but each time for a little difference. Since the changes, the only wars we won were those with many opponents not playing (not fair too).
I don’t complain. It’s just boring and as soon as the individual opt out will be effective, I hope that SG have planned good matching for 5 to 10 players in each alliance :slight_smile:

I think that one is fair.

Our AW this time is hard to know. They have 7 of the 10 strongests and we have 8 of the 10 weakest, but in the middle we are superior and we have 2 more.

I think that we can win if our strategy is better.

1 Like

I’ve been watching this thread for…well…since it was started. I’ve never jumped in the conversation as there were already so many voicing the frustration my alliance was feeling (They were troopers and stuck with it, though!). The testing phase was truly awful. We only won 1 war and that was because the other alliance refused to fight.

But since the last update and Wars were re-opened, I’ve seen a significant improvement in the match-ups. While all 3 opponents have had 1+ 3K team(s) more than us, the average team power that was showing on the field was about the same. This gave us a chance with our larger mid-range teams to score more points on them. We have won both wars, not by much (+208 & + 653), but those points weren’t easy. We’re slightly outmatched in this upcoming War so we’ll see how it goes!

All said - Thank-you SG for listening to all the responses. From a lower-mid-range alliance of 75K, it appears you are on the right track :slight_smile:

You put it on there but it still doesn’t work I uncheck the box and hit save and exit out and the check is right back in the box what is going on with that?

Celt. Click options on the main alliance screen and you’ll see it. Will say alliance war with a box with a check mark. Click it to opt out

It won’t if you have already been put in the bin for drawing. This option works for a day or two AFTER war end. On the third day you’re put in the bin and can’t opt out anymore.

Which makes sense.

PS. Desv could’ve made it more descriptive and not freak out leaders with the current implementation :slight_smile:

1 Like

We lost our last war and once again (it’s the third time… I wish I was that lucky with HOTM pulls) I got an Epic Troop Token as reward for losing.

So ironically my rewards for losing wars have been better than those for winning them. Go figure.

I’m not complaining, sometimes it’s good to be the outlier. :wink: