Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

What I’m finding frustrating is the fact that every alliance I hear complaining would be a GREAT match for us. Too bad we can’t pick our own opponent, and I’m not talking about looking for a much weaker opponent. We just want balance and challenge, a fun, fair fight.

1 Like

Ok look you guys really need to fix your game. You keep looking to us for answers on how to fix it. Well lets start by scrapping war until you come up with a way to make matching at least semi fair. You are currently punishing full alliances when they face an alliance with fewer members by calculating all 30 members in the full alliance and then the alliance with fewer members is always much stronger overall and especially at the top. When you use all 30 heroes for wieght the people that have only a few teams get a big advantage over the ones that have worked on 6 teams because of the way you figure out the wieghts. The top 5 heroes may of worked if thats all you used and actually gave it more than a 1 war test and didnt figure in the 2 or 3 extra members in one alliance as a whole. I am honestly starting to believe that one person runs this game and has no issue how to fix his mistake of war. Next come out with another season already. Game is getting excessively boring when war is no fun which was suspose to add excitement to game. Next make events more often to keep things interesting. Next make things a little more easier to get. You have become money hungry and people are tired of spending on a game that has become boring and the rewards have been lowered to where its impossible to get something worth anything. If someone spends a 100$ they should at least get 1 5 star heroe not 19 3 star and 1 4 star on 20 rolls which is about what your game has gotten to giving. Next read the other topics in forum and look at how many people are leaving your game

1 Like

Alliance Wars should be Titan Score Controlled by hero capacity and allaince member.
The problem with the last 3 Version. TROPHY. TITAN AND HERO CAP is that they are all stand alone and either players. Alliance or the [system] try to force the advantage.
CUPS SCORE
7 months ago when I was L10 1500tp. I joined my first alliance were I had more cups then A L25 2800tp. This was 3 months before alliance war. There would my hundreds of players catfishing pre war to drop cups the miss match will be is when they face genuine alliances. But yes there was still will be genuine matches.
TITAN SCORE
Titan Scores too had genuine matches more so then cup score. The problem with titan score alone is differentiating between a training alliance and an older start up alliance. Both can be on the same titan e.g5* titan but the 2 alliances have different goals. The training alliance would probably have 5-10players super Strong and have 20 members very weak. While the other scenario would have more of a balance. And then add to those alliance who chase war wins and drop titans it happens. I am part of a multicultural alliance and have seen enemy alliance state that must drop 3 titans in a row. Plus there cups and titan score didn’t allian well. (TITAN loot is so much better then AW loot)
We needed a system the seperated theses 3 different alliance schemes apart. I’m sure there are 700 alliances hitting a 5* that’s where the hero cap strength would help in the titan score scenario. So alliance #600 on a 5* doesnt gets put up against alliance #5 on a 5*.
HERO CAP STREGNTH.
So since the updates of 1. hero stregnth we got whitewashed on 3 occasions by 850-2000 points. Then titan score got reintroduce and that swung back 2000 points to our advantage (first time ever we score 2000 more then the oppeonent on titan score matchup last 14 wins was 600-800points) now top 5 hero strength we got beaten badly again. All 5 matches had an alliance score difference of 12000-20000 the winners way. Who ever had the higher allaince score won. 2morrows war will be or 25th allaince war. Record stands at W15.L9. Everything in this game can’t be predicted except wars. That’s what’s driving people away… I’ve played over 7.5 months reach L42. And it saddens me that other alliances are losing members. It’s disruptive and pushes the alliance back 2 months if they cannot find a new member at equal strength. Re training new member and keeping there motivation to play the game is hard work. I know I am a leader and has pushed them from 36k to 97k.

Please merge hero cap strength with titan score so that matches aren’t 7* titan vs 10* titans. Stand alone systems dont work.

Quick question. I totally lost count of the modifications done to wars. If someone leaves the alliance after using flags, do the points remain?

I don’t think they made any changes to that part of the AW… there was no mention of it and it was one of the things that was stressed in beta

I don’t think so. Two weaks ago we loose a member during a worst match war and we loose his points.

We should not have been playing same game. The alliance with less people has a big drawback, less attacks and less points to win. Is it so hard to understand
Even if they are stronger than you, you start with a big advantage. Choose properly your targets. Double the strong color against the central hero.
My record is killing a 3850 team with a 3070. 3 4* green at level 60/3 kill easily magni and after that rest of the team fall down. Just try :wink: You can really win this war.

I have no idea what the matching system is any longer, but it clearly did not work for my alt’s teaching alliance. We have 27 members, only 2 above 3k team force, all the others between 1800 and 2400, most of them do not even have 3* enough to form a main team. Matched against an alliance with only one member with defense lower than 3k

1 Like

Our Alliance’s (Crystal Palace) last AW. Terrible mismatch. We are a top 5 Alliance and they aren’t in the top 100.

1 Like

I believe MOST alliances don’t enjoy an easy victory just as much as no one appreciates a sure defeat. We all want fair, balanced, challenging battles. Victory should be sweet… not bittersweet :thinking:

1 Like

Lmao, not everyone has ONE 4 *green , let alone 3

Same amount of points , just scattered between more cupcakes

We’re getting stomped right now by an alliance that set out a bunch of 3450 defense teams then put several 1* 1 teams on the board. If SG wants to fix AW let’s start with that chicken mess tactic.

No not same amount of points. The complete alliance is 2K but if you have 20 against 30 people one team has 120 attacks and the other 180. So the team with 20 guys can at max kill four time the other alliance (120 / 30 * 2K = 8K) and on the other side the 30 people team can kill them 9 time (180 / 20 * 2K = 18K). I’m sorry but that’s not the same.
Obviously if the 20 are 4K power each one and on other side all are 1,5K they will probably win but if average power is the same, then bigger team can/will win.

1-hero teams are not allowed. can you post a screenshot?

Since the matching went to using top 5 and splitting into the A/B groups, the first war was a decent match. First half was very close couple hundred points difference. It appeared our alliance had more depth as we pulled away in second half, but was best match in a long time. The next war and this one have been awful with us being strongly overmatched. Today has been worst - only took them first few hours to totally wipe our board (first time that has happened to us even with mismatches). I’ve posted some screenshots - still doesn’t make sense that we get matches like we do.

Someone explain why our opponents steals extra points from us even though It still shows the same Points and Bonus Points you can earn… being below?

I have several entries of our opponents continuing to steal extra points.

67pts instead of 66, 33 and 33 bonus is 66 ( Def Current Points Reads 33, 33 )
83pts instead of 82, 41 and 41 bonus is 82 ( Def Current Points Reads 41, 41 )

It seems to show up when there are multiple attacks on our same defense lineups…

Because partial earned points are rounded up to the nearest whole number. For both sides.

1 Like