Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

Matchmaking works best for big alliances with 30 members of more or less the same strength. The fewer members your alliance has or the bigger the power spread between the strongest and the weakest member is, the more problematic the pairing algorithm gets.

Here a few general advices for war:

Use the same tank color in all defense teams, even its not the best possible tank for some, all in all its the best.

Attack in phases, take out the weakest teams first.
Wait seven hourdms to let them respawn and kill them again. Then if your members are divuded across different timezones you can repeat it again, if not attack at an agreed time. If strong players are not able to kill an opponent with one flag, its often better to let a weaker player clean the remnants instead of wasting a strong team on the clean. For proper communication during war use discord or line in addition to the ingame chat.

If done properly, the right tactics can give you an edge of 300-500 points.

Happy gaming

1 Like

Hi. I would like to know why is this difference in alliance score, and war score.

Alliance score is trophy, war, and titan score added together.

But, if you see is a liitle difrence between us and them.

Are all of their players participating in the war. Someone may have opted out this current war, but now be back in it for next so there war score increases as a result

2 Likes

The difference in Alliance Score is irrelevant. There’s a huge difference in Titan Score, creating a big difference in Alliance Score. But that doesn’t matter for war matchmaking.

As @Kilted said, the difference in War Score is likely due to someone that is not participating in your war having opted back in for the next war.

We are the same players , 27, all the wars. No.one has opt out, or will play the next war. Sorry for my bad gramar🙈

One or two players might have joined in. Unfortunately like others said, war score reflects current alliance membership/participation. During matchmaking the game grabs your stats and locks in the players who are opted in. New players joining or leaving doesn’t change the setup. Maybe players on team two opted out for the next war. That too would throw off warscires in display. The thing is, the top team is more coordinated then the bottom team. A higher titan score means they work in union at any given set times to defeat the enemy. Most likely they will probably clear the board before a respawn timer resets a player. This will give them more points. The top team probably wins more times.

Think real issue is the lack of a tier ranking system. Winning vs losing doesn’t actually move a team far enough in either direction to be in a balanced bracket since matchmaking is all based on past war performances. We constantly all get opposing teams who are superior in might for all sorts of reasons. Shame really

Matchmaking doesn’t include any titan or trophy scores, just war score.

Winning and losing has a meaningful effect on matchmaking for full (or nearly full) alliances that are not at the very top of the game, but are still competitive. Alliances with fewer members, or that are less competitive, will see a lesser impact from winning and losing for a variety of reasons.

Thanks I don’t know why I wrote it like that or what I was thinking. I know it’s based on all participants top 30 heroes. I’m editing what I said so that it’s not misleading for people reading it. I still don’t see what kind of difference there would be between a top or higher competitive team versus a lower competitive team with changing war scores for when they win or lose. Are you saying that there’s a difference because the more members that an alliance has the more points they will score versus a smaller alliance?

The information available is only wins and losses contribute a factor into the war score. Whether this is a multiplier or addition is somewhat unknown. (Still something I plan to find out one day…)

What we can assume is a more competitive alliance, large or small, will likely have members with a deeper bench to an alliance who are not as competitive. This deeper bench will stretch beyond the top 30 factor of heroes.

Likelihood is also, a competitive player would have targeted which of their troops are leveled to give their teams a competitive edge as well.

Alliances that are full tend to be more stable and more mature (roster wise) than smaller alliances. As a result, whether they win or lose is the main thing that changes their war score from one war to the next.

I have 61 maxed 5* heroes. 45 of those are at +18 or higher. 24 of those have been limit broken one time. Just one of those (Aramis) has been broken a second time, but a second will soon enough. There’s less ability in my roster to make big gains in my personal portion of the war score than someone with a less mature roster.

But when we win a war, my personal contribution to the alliance war score goes up a bit…and when we lose, it goes down a bit. (Note: this portion of the war score used to be at the alliance level, but was changed at some point to the individual to prevent gaming the system by creating new alliances after each war chest.)

That’s what I meant before. I hope it’s clearer now!

Matchmaking only uses the alliance‘s war scores.
The alliance’s war score is the sum of the warscores of all members signed in to war.
The members war score is comprised of the best troops (how many, color dependent?), the 30 most powerful heroes, the 5 most powerful heroes are weighted more, because the game assumed they will form the defense.

Now for every win the score will increased until it reached an upper cap. Same with losses, for every loss the score is decreased until it reached a lower cap.
The caps exists to prevent too strong mismatches.
The strongest alliance can not, even on purpose, loose enough to meet a midtier alliance in war, and the luckiest of newbies can not win enough to be matched against a top100 alliance.

Happy gaming

1 Like

Ah… I always wanted to find out whether the war score multiplier would have a cap limit or not. So I guess that answers a long time question I had.

It would suggest there’s an absolute minimum war score which should amount to the individual’s strongest 30 heroes with weighting for the top 5, and their top 5 troops.

Mono4lyfe … it doesn’t hurt the new trooped fully leveled hero’s. I fire my best mono teams with highest troops and NOTHING happens a lot I’ve had to become a cleaner. I’m not free to play. They have lost their minds and need to fix matching.