Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

@ Garanwyn
You say >>>> “It turns out that’s exactly what they do. They look at each player’s 30 best heroes, along with their best troops.”
But Small Giant says>>> “Top 30 heroes of both alliances”
That does NOT say top 30 of each player, ONLY top 30 of alliance.
There for the answer is easy to see the problem I am the best team in my alliance I can play the war with all 6 flags at 2800 and up to over 3400. I started my alliance to HELP weaker teams and teach. There is NO restrictions on the door ALL is welcome. So I would guess that 20 or more of the top 30 heroes reside on my roster. Therefore it can not be leveled out by this way of figuring. They should take the top 30 heroes and 5 troops from everyone’s team.

1 Like

@Rohn

20190106_221334

Rook

11h

Jonah has left social media to spend more time with RL (family, friends, etc).

On topic:

Many complain about the unfairness of war without looking closely at all the components.

First:

[
8070272A-BFCA-4B65-9B37-46662203612C.png640×1136 238 KB

](https://global.discourse-cdn.com/smallgiantgames/original/3X/7/9/7992bc6f0d0483c1e8b26db39e735b2c232e0e95.png)

1 Like

This is what I was going by.

1 Like

There is no number listed on the one you show, it could be 1 or 10 or 30.

1 Like

“Further matchmaking improvements, matchmaking is now based on:
The best 30 heroes in hero roster of each Alliance member
Out of the 30 heroes, the most weight is put on the best five heroes of each Alliance member
Player count of the Alliance”

They later added top troop strength, and previous War results.

1 Like

I wish I had as an alliance leader the ability to see my members entire hero stack. We have lost several wars in a row and it’s because several members do not have more than 2 or 3 strong teams. With all the tools avail to you there is no reason to not have 30 hero’s in your stack. Everyone in my alliance has been playing for over a year and a good chunk have been in my alliance for over a year.

3 Likes

You could try getting everyone on board with Line and asking for screenshots. Likely won’t get everyone on board, but could see some.

1 Like

We have line and a Facebook page. Half the people I need to see aren’t on there

1 Like

Ok Kayo thanks for setting that straight

1 Like

Likewise, I’m sure …

1 Like

Exactly! Sometimes the board is unkind, but having a strategy for how to attack and know which heroes to take out first, second, etc. makes all the difference in the world.

And great comment about tanks. It makes all the difference if you don’t waste your time taking some of them out first and focus on the larger threats in the flanks or wings.

3 Likes

Not everyone builds their heroes effectively. I’ve tried to bring this up with some of my alliance members, and they don’t believe what I have to say. I’ve built up over 30 completed ascended heroes, about half and half each of 5* and 4* in the past year, so I could help them if they’d listen. Everyone wants to immediately start working on any 5* they get, regardless of what heroes they have in progress to finish. I told them I generally work on 2-3 heroes at one time until done. I can level up fast that way and then move on to the next hero. Look at the long-range picture - not just the immediate gratification. Patience is a virtue!

3 Likes

The moderators are really great people, and I love them. But they actually aren’t SG–they’re just volunteers. So you should consider what they say as having a lot of smarts behind it, but not as a definitive company pronouncement. That said, I can see why Rook’s post confused you.

1 Like

It was stated in the release notes:

5 June

Further matchmaking improvements, matchmaking is now based on:
    The best 30 heroes in hero roster of each Alliance member
    Out of the 30 heroes, the most weight is put on the best five heroes of each Alliance member
    Player count of the Alliance
1 Like

Like I get power of a team points isn’t end all be All but when our weakest members are at 1640, 1750, 1800, and 2100 but the team we go against doesn’t have anyone lower than 2400 than that just just makes it easy for them to score on us and a lot harder for us to gain points in these wars. And they don’t equal out on the top end either they had 5 people I think over 3300 and had only 2 people that were just barely over 3300. This has been happening a lot to us. Idk how that’s fair

2 Likes

*we had 2 people barely over 3300

2 Likes

We were trashed by more than that this last time. But it was obvious from the beginning it was going to be a target practice war. Our opponents were super stacked, not one team below 4000+, they were one-shotting us like crazy. New alliance on the way to the top, most members joined days or hours ago. Tbh we were expecting an unwinnable war this time bc we defeated a tough alliance before. It is always the same pattern: if you win, you get increasingly stronger opponents until you can’t win.

1 Like

Just like Titans! And since Wars are still fairly new (how many have there even been vs how many alliances to match up with are there?) It will take a long time to get the sinusoidal series function to settle on a more consistemtly fair matchup. Additionally teams are always growing, always changing. Even in 24 hours, you can have members jump 80 TP (seen it with my own eyes) which makes the matching seem a little more skewed.

3 Likes

You probably have deeper benches. But if defense team total power is the only item of your concern, because that’s what we keep hearing from you, then have your alliance focus on leveling your defense teams.

How many people in your alliance have a defense team that isn’t fully leveled? Tell those people to get a move on it so you don’t have to sound off here about them.

A person just joined our alliance with 4,100+ defense team. Guess how many leveled heroes they have on their bench? Zero…

So while they may get one good attack and a solid defense, they offer nothing after that. But to the untrained eye and someone with little understanding of the game, one might say its unfair.
Guess what we’re doing? Helping them get a deeper bench.

When you discover what your alliance’s bench is, and the bench of the alliances you’re fighting, then let’s talk about whether it’s fair or not.

I stand by my original statement that you and your alliance are probably just bad at the game, but that might be because you guys don’t have anyone who properly understands the game and how to get better, so you may be stuck in “unfair land” for a while until someone joins you that gets it.

I feel like the forum has thrown out some ways to improve, but sometimes it’s easier to assume things just aren’t fair… so if that’s your bit, I get it. Other alliances must love going against the alliance that SG hates. Unless SG is just singling you out, but I like to think it’s singling your whole alliance out more.

1 Like