Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

Hello! Has the score at the war chest reset? Before this war we had 10 points (from 2 wins) and now, after the third victory we have 5 points.

I’m sorry if it has been addresed above but there is no way I read all 2400 post…

Our alliance have a good 11-3 war record 8 wars ago, but ever since then we lost 8 in a row… I notice that in about the last 10 wars, our opponents have defense TP 200 point above ours defense TP (average).

I read in the change log that the current system take into account previous war performance. Thus I understand that after many wins, we will face tougher alliances. But now we have lost 8 in a row and yet we keep being matched with stronger alliances.

My question is: when they said that previous performance are taken into account, do they put weight on it so that the most recent result have bigger impact on war score or they do not put weight so the effect of the last war have equal weight with the impact of a war that have been fought weeks ago?

Its already been answered in bug section, the staff said it is a visual problem and we don’t need to worry as the progress is not lost.

Okay, I did not know! Thank you! Maybe there should be an official announcement, at the news section, about this situation.

I think the previous performance statement only means, it’s arrived at in the same manner as the other measures. Such as Titan score… So it’s simply a number…
How they arrive there, I’d imagine is as arbitrary as the mismatch system seems to be.
I would in no way expect it to match you any more accurate based on a few wins or loses.
If that’s what you’re asking.

In the most recent war, my team had a bad experience. There seemed to be a glitch in the opposing team’s board. One player with a low team value was valued extraordinarily high in point value (team power was only 3664, but point value in the war was 63 points). This anomaly threw off the entire board. Meaning that they could earn comparable points by attacking lower players. Example: one of our team with a team power of 3255 presented a value of 50, but for us to earn 50 we had to defeat an opposing player with a team power of 3616. It seems that miscalculating the value of individual players can really skew a board. Which is most unfair. And it made for a bad war experience.

I have calculated points value before and for each alliance, their total point value is around 1500 regardless the number of participant. So a team of 25 will have on average 60 point value per member while team of 30 will have on average 50 point valur per member Did your opponent have more participant? It will reduce their point value

Thanks. Good point. I forgot to mention that the teams were balanced. Same number. And roughly equal overall. This was just an instance where one individual player - for some odd reason - was assigned an unusually high value, which threw off all the others. In addition to the one example, there were actually many. As a result of that one odd player carrying that high value, my team consistently had an uphill attack, needing to defeat more powerful individuals for the same points. It made for an unfair war, for sure. But yes, the number of players and the overall value of the teams were a good match.

I just scratch my head over why a player with only 3664 team power and just two 5* heroes (the others were 4*) would ever be assigned a value of 63. Kinda strange that. Scratch my head.

Which means you have no Explanation and are hiding. :smile:
Good luck to you until next time.

Isnt it good for you if an opponent’s player is overvalued ?
It should be easyer for you to make points.

1 Like

I noticed the same thing yesterday as well Dark. It clearly looks like a bug…
Hope the shills doesn’t try to make your observation seem like there is no issue, it’s seems a common practice here.

It just shows how uneven match making is we are getting hammered by team way stronger than us. They were outstanding in taking our weak defense out and they still have 19 more attacks left .

@Rook @JonahTheBard - I’m thinking we don’t need yet another war thread. Care to mergy-merge with your choice of mega war thread? :grin:

4 Likes

How do you merge this topic?

A moderator has that ability. I’ve tagged 2 of them in my previous post. They’ll get the message and move your post as needed :grinning:

1 Like

Jonah won’t be merging anything anymore… he has left us. :cry:

2 Likes

We won our last war 4700 to 3300. We’re getting demolished today 5200 to 3400. It happens. Move on.

3 Likes

True…we lost a couple to stronger teams, this one is going much better. It’s the luck of the draw and the luck of the boards…I feel like it evens out over time.

1 Like