Alfrike is too powerful

You will lose in any case with any team if you will not get enough tiles. Tiles - lucky, wide roster - money

5 Likes

If you don’t get tiles you will lose in any case no meters what it’s your attacking team.

4 Likes

Yes, it is. You just repeated that I said previously :slight_smile: In case of Alfrike and fast war/tournaments primarily you must have extremely more luck (even if you have wide roster of heroes) and the strategy has nothing to do with

3 Likes

This it’s not exactly true but ok, even on rush attaks you can choose where to send your first tiles just don’t play mono and you will have much more luck on them (I don’t tell that you are playing mono because I don’t know your play stile). For me rush attaks it’s not for hard stacks but for special so you have to find your tiles.

I do not play mono more than 2 years :slight_smile: And I think that the fact that with Alfrike you need to have much more luck on fast tournaments and wars, no one doubts (especially when some color not available, but most of tiles on board with this color).

2 Likes

This tournament I have much trouble with LoTl tank then Alfrike.

I can use red so in this tournament it’s not so problem for me as Alfrike (Malosi also not available). Even if LoTl use their special skill I can do something after this. With Alfrike it is not work…

Exactly for this I am telling you, I have more problems with her then Alfrike.

Not understood, but OK :slight_smile: Don’t have same problem. For me Mother of the North more dangerous than LoTL

1 Like

I’ll leave it just here. Impossible to win in a Rush tournament.

2 Likes

:point_up_2: Key words

Guin’s nerf was minimal and meant for her to be less effective at tank. The insignificance is compounded further by formations, and a drastic increase of 5* dispel from that era. Which at that time was…none?!

Athena would be strong for Titans, back when many had her and now many don’t. But for raids… if they even last that long… there’s still to many cleanse options, L.Loki or the like.

Telly…

My bad…

Ender was right:

No hero should ever be nerfed…
Lucrative portals will do that regardless

Unfortunately heroes can’t be buffed either, because someone will perceive that as an insult.

But hey…
Maybe this can be consolation for my Titan Mafia graph:

Now spend more money in portals and let them collect dust.
that…
Not my doing. And not worth debating either

FWIW, I’d be curious on what other heroes you have and if you have multiple Lvl 11 mana troops. If so, that means with 2 purple or green matches you pretty much win the mana battle. Personally, I’d throw in someone other than Guardian Chameleon as tile strikes aren’t going to win you the rush battles.

For example, you get 2 purple matches first, and Proteus locks down half the board, allowing you to throw tiles and power Proteus up again, or get greens to attack the other half with specials. You might get unlucky with Elizabeth’s Monk resist, but everyone else is susceptible to mana control.

Or you get 2 greens and you attack Heimdall and Alfrike tank wth Zocc and Hansel. Keep feeding them tiles and hopefully charge up green again, or purple so that they mindlessly attack multiple times.

2 Likes

Well, they do make her very fast, from time to time… not much fun…

1 Like

Which not gain mana first for Alfrike :slight_smile: So your chances in this situations very not very…

There is luck involved obviously. Ideally you are making horizontal matches and not hitting Alfrike with all the tiles. Trying to win rush with tiles would only work if you get lucky and ran mono. My opinion of course.

I have been able to fire a hero before the tank fires. But it does depend on the board. Like I said, if your game play is to send all the tiles up the middle, then yeah, you are going to lose.

In the case of Alfrike you must have too much luck and wide roster of mana controllers different colors (paid account). Something equal to winning 1 000 000 $ in lottery :slight_smile: No one hero must dominate in game. Especially when some colors not available, but you see one hero again and again

I don’t have a paid account and obviously no yellow restricts most of the mana controllers like Leonidas, Chao, Li Xiu. It also means I can’t use Malosi to negate Alfrike’s mindless attack portion. Instead I have Merlin, Proteus, Hansel and Peters. However, you can also throw in Little John as an option to slow mana gain.

So my mana controllers aren’t the top end heroes, but they can work. I also point out that the one i was responding to has Hansel, Zocc, and Proteus.

Edit: Since Telluria was brought up as an example, I will point out that if she was back to her original form, we would see her everywhere, even with the S4 heroes. I think people forget how OP she was. She was the tank of choice for every tournament where green was allowed. Alfrike is only a problem during rush rules.

Last time when I met Alfrike in tournament I bring Proteus and Zocc and got mostly yellow board with only one red combination under center. Too much dependings on board

Sitution with Telluria was the same, but she is HoTM so we got a lot at once + Vella which destoyed all your reds with 1 special skill use. So it was also about synergy

In a rush war, that’s what happens, and that’s pretty much what the game is about. If the tiles don’t go your way, you’re going to lose regardless of the defense.

Personally, I’d think that Miki is OP in rush war considering that he silences 3 for 4 turns (or did he get buffed to 5 now), and is immune to silence. But, I’m not going to complain much about it.

Well, she is very, very powerful, but not unbeatable, and now there are many heroes that can help you cope with or even counter her special skill, like Gullinbursti, Grazul, Wanda, BK, Krampus, Malosi, Miki, Onatel, Peters, Zocc, Merlin, Lord Loki, Bae Yong, Hansel, Gretel, Poseidon… those are the ones that come to mind now, there may be other ones out there.

1 Like