8-7 the best farming stage ever? Forget that

I’m definitely jealous , I st up still have to get my first :cry:

1 Like

Monster chests can average 15 monsters every fight at 7-4. If I have a run of 16 monster drops, I go to 12-9 to balance recruits (avg 10 per fight) with the AdKits and swords from 5-8 and 6-8 which I farm when chest not open.

1 Like

Loot has also changed A LOT in 16-9. According to my documented runs, it is currently by far the best stage for midnight roots (MiRo) which is most likely the top ingredient in the game. Last year I did 100 runs there and got only 9 MiRo but now after just 39 runs I got 14 MiRo already. Well I even got to 14 in 30 runs but I currently sit on a 9 run “no MiRo for you!” streak.

2 Likes

Had 5 exp units after closing monster chest so I went to 17-1 for exp.

2x grimore dust, 2x crypt mushroom, 2x adki, prswd some herbs plus sharkoot and aife, but only 6 recruits

Why midnight roots (MiRo) is most likely the top ingredient in the game?

You will need them for super mana potions. Hoard them as if your Titan scores depend on them. They do…

1 Like

You need MiRo for bomb attack, mana potion and super mana potion. All very useful for titan battles. Check the CRAFTING RECIPES here on the forum.

2 Likes

I have 392 MiRo. I often Fight 8* and 9* but use only mana potion, I see high end people going for tornados and time stop…

I just did 20 runs on 5-8 and counted the swords and adventure kits (backpacks):

6 swords
18 adventure kits

That means you need 10 energy for 1 sword and 3.3 energy for 1 adventure kit.

So if you need specific loot it is still the best to farm at the province the game suggests.

3 Likes

Good grief how long does that take? :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you extend that out towards 1000 runs you’ll likely see that backpacks:swords drop in a 2:1 ratio in 5-8, whereas you’ll see 1:1 in a non-bonus zone like the aforementioned 8-7.

That was as of 1.7, I don’t think it’s changed since then.

In general you need a lot of runs to get good data for drop rates; I still have my old data floating around somewhere but haven’t logged runs in a long time (not expecting to until S2 drops, maybe).

2 Likes

It is pretty fast. Like three or four in a second.

1 Like

Yeah but that’s 5ish seconds lost every turn at max minions which on auto whee.

1 Like

Im kinda partial to 19-9 lately. I’ve been getting a fair amount of items that I need to keep my forges busy. I’ve tried 20-4 quite a few times but don’t like it as much

Idk

4 Likes

Wow!!! Best loot ever!!!

Since this thread started I’ve ‘shopped around’ a bit after playing 8-7 a lot.
The result?
I find myself coming back to 8-7. I’ve been getting quite a few Orichalcum Nuggets and it provides a steady flow of midnight roots and Grimoire dust.

So it’s not ‘the best’ at any one thing, but it really still provides a great balance of monster numbers (to fill monster chests); decent crafting ingredients; Recruits; Heroes and Troops… all for a paltry 3 energy per round.

I tried 13-6 for a while and didn’t notice appreciably better drops, but found recruit numbers down and didn’t appear as generous in Heroes and troops. 12-9 is great for Recruits, but doesn’t fill monster chest as quickly and drops aren’t massively better. The loot in 19-9 is undeniably good, and decent recruit numbers, but it’s expensive so becomes a problem for filling monster chests.

Great thread though - it’s given lots of places to look for different needs. Myself… maybe I’m just lazy… but I still call 8-7 home for my mindless farming needs. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I use 8-7 mostly for the same reasons, but will switch to 5-8 when getting low on “tornado nuggets”.

Well I got 3 MiRo and 3 OrNu in 50 runs. Not good!

Wow… I got 3 OrNu in 3 consecutive runs. Something like 5 in a single day’s worth of runs.
I get MiRo and/or Grimoire dust on many visits. Something odd there… or one heck of a skewed random distribution.

I took note because I had run dry on OrNu and couldn’t craft tornadoes. After a couple of days farming 8-7 (I wasn’t doing that for OrNu specifically… just general farming for monster chest) I noticed I could craft a good 5 or so Tornadoes again. I started paying attention to OrNu thereafter and noticed the consecutive run and the no. over a day.

Maybe I had an exceptional run. Will keep taking note… but really I’ve found 8-7 to be generous over my history of playing it.