[29th Mar, 2020] - 49th Raid Tournament - 3* Bloody Battle, No Nature/Green

Nice! Double Gunnar. I have them as well but did not use them for this tournament. For the next 3* rush attack tournament, oh boy lol.

This time I am using Valen - Gato - Nordri - Gato - Vodnik

2 Likes

My defense:

The first guy that lost to my defense:

3 Likes

This is just tragic! At the last moment I decided to give Hawkmoon (costume) a run even though she is average and I went to look and she is there as the standard Hawkmoon! I want to be sick! How many tournaments can i mess up in a row?

As we are talking the victim’s count is rising

1 Like

If it makes you feel better, I put in Gunnar costume as my tank…

And didn’t notice until this morning that I hadn’t leveled it at all. It’s 2/24 now, but somehow I haven’t been attacked yet.

1 Like

I go with mono purple color. It has worked. 5 purple from the third season. I have to improve the troops.

At the last minute I switched Nordri to flank as he’s both tankier and slower than Gato. No idea if this played any role but my defense is 6-0 so far.

In other news, I generally have one rage-inducing fight every tournament, I hope this is now behind me for this week. For 4 straight turns the board was so dead I only had a single legal move each time, it was off-color and kept charging the same hero without any cascades. Obviously lost that one, very embarassing as they only had common villager troops, a Greymane tank and a not fully levelled Bane.
The rest was easy, saw some pretty suboptimal choices (e.g. non-costumed Hawkmoon).

1 Like

Putting up the same defense like you and I am only at 2 - 3 C.

@lightsmessenger: You noticed that? I wanted the Hawkmoon costume!! for the red tiles and attack buff. You will see in this thread where I have just discovered that horrible mistake.

DAY 1
ATTAX
5W 0L

DEFENSE

OVERALL

My 3s were too weak when I joined in order for my starting scores to be any better- sub 500 pts even on the 5th hit… Oh well, 5-0 is still 5-0… My offense consisted of 2 teams: nordri gato and vodnik were in each 5 attax and I plugged in and out kvasir bane, and tyrum chocin depending on the defense I was facing.
GOOD LUCK OUT THERE GUYS!!!

3 Likes

@sft1965- it’s highly unlikely, but is this you?

99.9% sure that this is an auto defense, but I figured id ask.

1 Like

@ApollosEmpire. No, not I. Spirit links in bloody battle don’t really work for me (when all skills are set to fast they are useful.)

This is me and my disaster I wanted the Hawkmoon costume attack buff (and the red tiles), but mostly just the attack buff (red is still going to have to go somewhere so I figured “why not use an attack buffer!”) and I wasn’t wearing my glasses again so it looked about right… Right up until about 5 hours after the tourney started. This is literally the 4th tournament in a row that I have messed up somehow (mostly missing days play).

1 Like

I have Gunnar+costume, but he’s been at 1/1 forever since my blue projects just never seem to end (Kiril, Triton, Sonya to 3/60, then Sonya to 4/70, then Nordri to 3/50, maybe now I can finally start on Gunnar…)

Last 3* tourney with red allowed I had great success running Bauchan as tank, so instead of running a sub-optimal Nordri blue tank, I decided to do it again:

Logic: Kvasir’s minions is as close as you can get to healing, and Nordri also gifts everyone an ice giant minion when he dies so doubleplusgood. Since I didn’t have any good blue options for tank, I decided to run a beefy core - Nordri, Bauchan, Kvasir each have over 800 HP (Kvasir has a ridiculous 905 HP!!!). Bauchan cuts 20% mana to all and gives +24% mana gen to whole team, making fast heroes very fast, and average heroes fast. I figure if Bauchan can even fire his special once, the attacking team would be in deep doodoo.

Well the results speak for themselves:

Seems like people still have trouble with Bauchan tanks. I mean I’m sure some of them got bad boards, like this second from the top guy:

But still, Bauchan continues to be amazing tank, and I’ll continue to tank him as long as red is allowed.

2 Likes

I went 4-1 today but almost lost to this…

2 Likes

Wow a +20 Zudak and Ragnihild, must either be really bored or have deep pockets

1 Like

Day 2
Offense: 5-0
Defense: 1-0 (so far)

Total:
Offense: 9-1
Defense: 2-0

Score:5,355

2 Likes

I don’t understand so much these tournaments.

10-0 and more than 2200 points below the leader

Why?

What is your defense team and what’s your defense score? A B C D or E

B
Only 2 defenses…50% won

There’s 250 pts there if you don’t have any emblemed heroes and no lvl troops you wall can easily be 150 points lower than heavily emblemed and lvled troops in 10 battles that means 1500points less +defense a vs b