[29th Mar, 2020] - 49th Raid Tournament - 3* Bloody Battle, No Nature/Green

3 Likes

@Olmor I like the idea of going 3* ursena with the Bjorn

makes your team difficult to stack against by removing the usefulness of purple and yellow heroes.

2 Likes

Gonna try this:

3 Likes

I actually like him too now that you mention it. His ability to work holys hard kinda makes me not want to bring holys in an attack vs him

• provided I get Bjorn maxed out, what do you think about this set up instead on nahamge?
    Only thinking about this one because he’s going to stomp on holys. But, as I write this, I wouldn’t bring any holys in a fight vs Bjorn actually so nevermind that :rofl: nahamge is the better option on defense, while Bjorn can better used on defense… Idk if I’ll get nahamge maxed, do it might be RUDOLPH GATO NORDRI KVASIR VODNIK - would rather have nahamge over Dolph tho
1 Like

I’m trying this:

My thought on Costume Gunnar is… by giving the enemy team -Def, and Melia giving everyone +Crit, and Kvasir making BEES! BEES EVERYWHERE!!.. maybe this will mean lots of damage output shared to the whole enemy team. I’m guessing +Crit doesn’t apply to bees, though?

Or would NON-Costume Gunnar be more effective here? I’m thinking the bees will give a defensive benefit, but if I try to go TOO far on the defensive, I won’t kill the enemy…?

Good gaming!

1 Like

Minions work for this tournament correct?

Thinking first option regular Gunnar tank with Gil-ra flank. Meatiest tank flanks, minions and invite holy.

Or this?

Another option or do I go mono blue of
Gato Nordri Gunnar Gato + (Voldnek, Gato#3, Valen) for right wing.

1 Like

SO MANY CHOICES :exploding_head:

I think actually the defense teams with more emblems will end up doing best, regardless of whether you namahage or bjorn. if you do bjorn, consider putting him at the flank because of his average speed. Drop a few emblems on your final team and get them troops up a few levels for a different result. (I say different because it may end up simply being that better teams end up attacking you instead :rofl: )

2 Likes

@bhushan That’s the exact defense I’m running too.

Yup, minions work :slight_smile:

They act as a “pseudo-heal” by adding health to a hero via the minions

1 Like

On second thoughts, I decided to go with this though:

The reasoning is kvasir needs to fire soon enough to actually be useful for the minion heal. Putting gato on the wing makes it more probable that Gunnar, nordi and gato may fire one after another in a row.

It is vulnerable to a purple stack, but even in first setup, the best attack would be a purple stack.

1 Like

I like this and your reasoning is sound. I’ll run the same. Good luck!

1 Like

I have gone from mono purple 3 * and it worked.5 Bjorn and counted on the luck to come the colored stones.

“Hey bud! LET’S PARTY!”

4 Likes

I love 3* tournaments, if you have options then that is marvellous but importantly newer people can mix it up with the more experienced. It should be a pile of fun for everyone (and I always do badly; but improving). Ditching the emblems (mostly) was the best move ever. This is what i am defending with; seems everyone has ideas. This might be a bad one but that wouldn’t be without precedent.

1 Like

Lost my very first battle. Took a >200 tp 3-2 team against my opponent (no blue tank) thinking this will be an easy victory to start. The board did not take kindly to my hubris. Sometimes you just gotta laugh.

On the bright side should face weaker opponents moving forward.

3 Likes

I go with:
Balthasar (6) - Jahangir (6) - Tyrum (8) - Gunnar (6) - Mondfalke (5)

pretty succsefull up to now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That was a good first day! :blush: 5 wins and so far am 2-1 up on defence.

Got a fairly modest set of 3*s. None emblemmed but enough to do a 3 stack of most colours. Mostly I was switching in my best purple, yellow and blue heroes, depending on what I was facing. Already facing a few emblemmed teams but nothing too crazy yet.

3 Likes

Well, 3-star Bloody Battle Tounament shall henceforth be known as the Race to Set Off the Bee Guy. It’s only 5 games a day, but I do have some insight now into the rock star alliances saying their wars are boring. That was like Groundhog Day.

1 Like

Just curious, why did you put in Hawkmoon? Healing does not work in this tournament.