⚔ [27th Dec, 2020] - 88th Raid Tournament - 5* Bloody Battle, All Elements

Clarissa tank…very good choice :+1: … did recommend this for my wifes setup, too.

3 Likes

First day 4-1. Barely lost, with a little more luck (or better play) I could have won (a massive unforseen cascade of off-colour tiles charged right-wing azlar, while I was working the left side of the board). All offense the same green-purple: telluria/almur/caedmon/proteus/tibertus

Defense does allright at 3-1.

3 Likes

Great day in the office , my best ever result thus far. Top 200 . Win 5 loss 0 and a grade defence

Attack I’ve been using off colour bera and Freya , that more than covers the no heal for event

3 Likes

As I expected, I resisted until the second day.

Let’s see what’s gonna happen in the next tournament, in which I think I have more chances to get better results.

Good luck!!!:wink:

5 Likes

I just lost my first tournament’s hit, ninjas kept dodging more than Neo :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

RNG was nice to me today with the matchmaking, and went 4-1, 7-3 overall
Went Blurple for the 4 wins

cRigard for the cleanse and attack buff. Grimm for the def down. Onyx could dispel if needed but didn’t face any riposte heroes.

The one loss was when I got tempted to use green mono against an Athena tank. Still managed to take down 4 enemies so not too bad a score

Defense was 1-4 after Day 1 and is currently 1-6 :joy:

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Day 1: 3-2
Defense: 3-3

Day 2: 5-0
Defense: 0-0 (still so far)

Overall: 8-2
Defense: 3-3

Score: 6424

I just been going mono green regardless of the enemy.
Day 1 I tried to play “properly” and equip the good heroes but i went 3-2, so I decided i am just going to go mono green now. I was against a team that had 2x Emblemed Elena and somehow won that with mono green!

3 Likes

Day 2, all the same as Day 1: 4-1 attacking (8-2), defence so far is 1-1 (2-2).

Actually, it’s not going as bad as I expected. Even though I say “ouch” before every battle, somehow it works.

3 Likes

May be you should keep doing this as some kind of mantra :wink:

3 Likes

DAY2
Earliest continue by far!
2W 3L Day 2
4W 1L Day 1

Nothing worked for me to start the day. I tried 3-2 on the 0, 3-2 on the 119 then mono and yeah I crapped out big time :-1:
DEFENSE

So far so good. One of these weeks I’ll be able to put both attax and Defense together.
OVERALL
Screenshot_20201229-193448
I’m going to fight to the end!
GOOD LUCK E1
STAY SAFE

3 Likes

Day 1
Offense 4-1, defense 0-1

Day 2
Offense 4-1, defense 0-2

Let’s get defense out of the way first: both attacks were from top 100 alliance giga whales with 4700+ teams and lv 23 (or even 30) troops so of course I lost. :roll_eyes: Grats on your wallet (and overcompensation) I guess.

For offense, as is the tradition with these 5* tourneys, I lost my very first match. :rofl: But then things started looking up and I won the next 4 matches. Then beginning with the first match on day 2, I started getting nothing but +100 4700+ teams. To wit:

(the last one vs Finley wing was a loss)

So what did I decide to do? Well I remembered from experience that sometimes a mono team with good synergy beats a 3-2 team with strong colors, so just said ■■■■ it and went mono purple for all 5 attacks. Here are the two teams I used:

Toggled between cTibs or Ametrine depending on whether I needed more dispel or more defense down. Used Ametrine against the Krampus+20 team and Francine+20 team and cTibs against all others.

Rationale is very simple: 2 purple matches and Clarissa’s elemental link adds more survivability to the whole team, another purple match and I can shut down 3 heroes, while killing at least one and severely wounding two more.

Obviously with mono you live or die by the board, had 2 great boards, 2 average boards which eventually worked out, and 1 terrible board which completely crapped out on me (the last one with Finley wing), but still managed to line up enough tiles to kill Odin so not a complete loss.

Should get more interesting (read: annoyingly impossible) from this point onwards.

3 Likes

4-1 today
Defense is at 0-2 today bringing it to 3-5 total lol.

2 Likes

Day 2

Skipped my Proteus-plan as he died before firing. Lost the first 2 matches. First one got tiles too late. Second was against Killhare tank…could not take her out before firing :roll_eyes: ouch. It was very close in the end Athena vs Sartana & Joon…but on different sides of the board…could only kill one.
Changed to purple stack for next 2 flags. Worked. The last fight I got back to blues…ridicioulus…I got so many diamonds and combos in my colors that the whole fight was done in 4 moves.

7:3

Was hopeful for my defense improving at 1:1 … but then suffered more losses…settled at E.

1 : 4 E E

3 Likes

Day 3
Took my 4th loss of the tournament in the 2nd match of the day. Considered just stopping, but finally decided to continue to test some new attack formations. Won the last 3 matches so currently at 11-4

Went mostly with Blurple again
Onyx - Grimm - Clarissa - Thorne - Proteus
Except for the one time replacing Proteus with cSonya against an Azlar tank

Defense actually improved to a D on the 2nd day and is at 3-6

Screenshot_20201230_234949

Good luck to all

Edit : Faced some strange defensive choices including revivers like Alberich and Mother North. But the weirdest was facing a Mok-Arr tank who damages its own allies in a Bloody Battle :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Day 3: It was tough. Went 3-2 all the way, but the power gap is very obvious. Result, also 3-2 for 11-4 overall.
Defence was 2-3 at the end of Day 2 (B,C), now it’s again 50-50.
Conclusion: need to have sturdier heros who can live just a bit longer to be competitive in this format. And couple of offensive heros, with my passive line up, I can’t do much without a healer.

2 Likes

RUMP DAY
Attax
DAY 1 4W 1L
DAY 2 2W 3L
DAY 3 4W 1L

DEFENSE

6W 0L
OVERALL

Til tomorrow folks!
GL E1
STAY SAFE

2 Likes

Day 2: went 3-2. Defense 1-2 for 3-3 total.
Day 3: 2-1, went blue/purple against a sif tank, and no blues tiles to dispell the riposte, when of course I had a massive cascade in which my heroes suicided. Will probably finish top25, as is usual for 5* tournaments.

1 Like

I’m super confused, I cant attack during battles. I cant use my inventory and every time I level up a player none of their special skills ever increases and then they disappear completely . And not a single one will ascend period. I cant attack during raids or on the map games period. It makes me play one at a time and only the matching the tiles. It’s getting ridiculous

It’s official, 5* tourneys are no longer fun. Seriously look at this ■■■■■■■■:

■■■■■■■■

Anybody still wanna say the board is random? ONE ■■■■■■■ purple tile when I go mono purple, ONE!!! Needless to say ended with a big fat 0. Should’ve run mono green huh, then probably would’ve won this one (but then I’d probably get one green tile on the board…)

Day 3
Offense 3-2, defense miraculously picked up 1 win to improve to a D (1-2 overall).

I don’t even know why I bother with 5* tourneys anymore, there’s absolutely 0 fun in fighting +100 teams with lv 30 troops when you’re basically required to go mono. ■■■■ this.

For what it’s worth, if I see frigg or Odin on a defence I immediately stack green / yellow… Regardless of who the tank is.

2 Likes