⚔ [25 Sep, 2022] - 179th Raid Tournament - 4* Rush Attack, No Dark/ Purple's

Same here, 0 for defense messes up my score. Rather have an E then none at all :frowning:

Day 1&2
O: 9-1
D: 0-0 C/C/?/?/?

I lost against
IMG_20220927_213853

Summary

I don’t have mana-controller (only Proteus and Merlin - both purple)… so Kalo, Kalo, and one more time Kalo… He was too strong for me (this time).

My attacking team was: cbBT, Wilbur, cbKiril, cbFrank, Jott (against green tanks) or cbMelendor, cbLJ, cbKiril, cbFrank, Jott (against others).

Other opponents

IMG_20220927_214109
IMG_20220927_214047
IMG_20220927_214016
IMG_20220927_213952
IMG_20220927_213926
IMG_20220927_214326
IMG_20220927_214305
IMG_20220927_214242
IMG_20220927_214138

My defense has not been tested yet :confused:
IMG_20220926_120028

Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

Day 2 results:
O: 2-3, 7-3 total
D: 4-0

My last two matches had to have been the most infuriating boards I’ve ever encountered. I went either 3+1+1 or 2+1+1, no red or purple. Between both matches nearly ALL tiles were red and purple. I wasn’t able to fire off a single offensive special in either match, and I am furious.

4 Likes

Today was surprising after yesterday and from my first match.

Day 3
O: 4-1
D: 1-1

Total
O: 12-3
D: 8-4 (A, A, A)
Score: 10,005

My very first match I lost so badly, I finally killed the Tank - Li Xiu, she was flanked by Gulli each side and they kept going off. I should have taken Caedmon because Gulli’s damage after 3 turns hurt a lot and was what caused me to ultimately die.

I thought that was surely it, but then I won the next 4 matches, despite on some of them I had terrible opening boards but got some good cascades.

5 Likes

O: 4-1 (13-2)
D: 2-1 (A)

I faced this team for the second time this tourney and still brought my green-light stack.

It was a good reminder that these rush tournaments are all about controlling the board rather than tile damage. I’m not going without Franz regardless of color! I won that fairly easily despite being off-color.
My loss came against this team:

My cbMelendor did his job of making sure I didn’t lose in the first few turns, but I just couldn’t get the tiles to get ahead of Guli, Franz, or Ferrant. A few hits from Frank paired with their Franz and I lost my Franz…it was downhill from there to a zero.

5 Likes

Day 3 quickly turned into a bloodbath.

First up was against a Franz - Azmia - cHu Tao - Gullin - Frank team. Maybe should have gone 3 Green, but decided to continue gambling with 4 Reds, replacing Ferant with cColen. Just managed to kill the tank.

Second match was against a Franz - Azmia - Gullin - Ferant - Griffin team. Rolled the dice again with the same attack team and this time only managed to kill Franz :sweat_smile:

Only one loss to give and slight reprieve in the 3rd match against Zila Lei - Hu Tao - Scoratek - Gullin - c2Kelile. Went with 3 Greens this time and it worked after a long battle.

And the reward was a rematch against the 2nd team today that I lost… Tried the Green stack this time and got a zero :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s it from me. Defense still hasn’t been attacked so no point buying back in to face more piggies :boar:

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 4-1 0-0 (C) 2659 500 3159
2 9-1 0-0 (C) 6512 500 7012
3 10-4 0-0 (C) 7917 7917

Better luck everyone!

7 Likes

Day 3

O : 5-0 (13-2)

Finally find the right team for me. Go with Little John - Mielikki - C Melendor/C Caedmon - Zhabog - C/CBKiril in all attack. I found that C Melendor isn’t necessary to counter Gullinbursti but C Caedmon is necessary to counter Franz. Because of that C/CBKiril seem to help more than C Melendor when there is less green tile and he also don’t get blocked by Franz.

Little John + Zhabog seem to be enough to keep all enemy -64% mana regen all time if the board isn’t too bad. Then I can slowly kill them :slightly_smiling_face:.

The board is average to pretty good today. Face mostly, S1 defense team.

Face Wang Yuanji tank with Franz flank and Gullinbursti wing 2nd attack. Wang Yuanji fire 3 times before I can kill her. Franz fire once but my C Caedmon can cleanse his ailment. After that, I keep -64% mana regen on enemy all time and I slowly kill them one by one :slightly_smiling_face:.

Face Gullinbursti tank in 5th but with Franz wing and 3 S1. The board is good. I kill Gullinbursti tank very early win easily win :sweat_smile:.

Overall, I think I will use that team unless flank is counter attack. Dispell isn’t necessary to counter Gullinbursti for my team. Once I can fire Little John, all enemy will slow down. If I keep trigger Gullinbursti tank he will like weaker Wang Yuanji who only overheal but weaker and doesn’t remove fiend. It is ok to take max damage from Gullinbursti buff end once :slightly_smiling_face:.

D : 19-8

Get 4 lose in row but still in A+ grade :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah. That is why I will not do that unless I really have no choice :smile:.

You also have CB Little John who is also mana-controller.

4 Likes

Again 0 0 on defense so far and I notice more people have this… had it before but not 3 days in a row. Really annoying. On offense lost 1.

1 Like

Out on the second one today. I guess my heart wasn’t in it this week, won the first one easily then lost to a Ferant tank with Gulli flank and should have changed up my team to better counter that but i didn’t. A little too bad too, because my defense is currently 7-2 with an A. oh well, good luck on the rest of your battles and your loot everyone, and see you next week!

3 Likes

I am curious: do you all think out your offensive teams for every attack?
Honestly, I just go with a team I know usually works well and hope for the best, I don’t think too hard and don’t think “I need this, and this and this” on my team. I just don’t have the patience to do this every time and for every tournament - I guess that could be why sometimes I fail badly lol.

1 Like

Day 3
O: 4-1 (13-2)
D: 0-0 (0-0) C/C/?/?/?
I lost one battle against
IMG_20220928_212233
My attacking team was: cbMelendor, cCaedmon, cbKirill, cbFrank, Jott. Good team & bad board, so it couldn’t ended otherwise :confused:

Other opponents

IMG_20220928_212431
IMG_20220928_212359
IMG_20220928_212336
IMG_20220928_212311

…but his control is too “soft” for me :confused:
…but I forgot about Tettukh!!! (unfortunately he isn’t LB)
He saved me from Kalo today :+1:

Mostly no :slight_smile: , so the results are :poop:

6 Likes

D3 O: 4-1 (11-4 overall)
D: 0-0 (4-0 overall)

I’ll probably keep going tomorrow but we’ll see how I feel. Everything was going really well until the last match (cHu Tao was amazing again a team of four overhealers). Not really sure what happened with my loss - went up against cGulli, cKiril, cLi Xiu, cLittle John, and cColen. My Sun Shangxiang was dead before I even knew what was going on, and the rest dropped like flies. Board wasn’t great, but I don’t think it’s all because of the boards.

5 Likes

O 13 - 2
D 0 - 0

such a shame defense messes up my score now.

5 Likes

According to game I’m in top 5% with rank 9172, previously top 1% was basically guaranteed up to rank 10k. Is this a new development in decrease of player numbers or have I simply not been paying attention?

2 Likes

Well, I got out in Day 2, and my defense hasn’t been attacked since Day 1, which seems odd to me. I was beaten by a Level 94 player with really high level troops, and that was it.

To summarize, offense 4-4 (but at least no zeros on any of the losses), defense 0-1 (of course an E all these days now), and me not continuing. Top 75% since I only get 200 points a night on defense. Sigh. Oh well.

Personally, I would rather not be attacked at all (and maintain a C) than what happened this week. Good thing I didn’t spend tons of time thinking out the perfect defense, because it likely got obliterated very quickly.

See you all next week, and good luck to those who are still in this week!

4 Likes

Day 4
O: 1-1
D: 0-0

Total
O: 11-4
D: 8-4 (A, A, A, A)

I am out, I won’t buy back in.
Boldtusk tank revived 3 times and healed himself and everyone each time, if he didn’t, I would have easily won.

4 Likes

Usually I have a few heroes that I swap in and out (do I need a dispeller or cleanser more?) and I swap out heroes who are weak against the tank usually, but not so much in rush because tile damage isn’t as important. This week I’ve been running the same team against everyone (though in retrospect, I probably should have swapped cbMelendor for c Caedmon to get a cleanser in the one I lost)

O:4-1 (17-3)
D:3-2 (B,A,A…)
Today’s loss came against this bunch. I think Wang Yuanji has been giving me more trouble than Guli since her overheal is so much higher. Frank and Franz together hit quite hard and, as I mentioned above, I didn’t have a cleanser. I could probably still have won with a better board, but it seemed like I had to make three moves for every match, which is rarely a winning formula!

6 Likes

Day 4

O : 5-0 (18-2)

Go with same tactic. It seem to work well. The board is average by overall. So, 5 win :slightly_smiling_face:.

1st attack against all S1 team, the board is so great that I simply kill them with just tile damage :sweat_smile:.

Face Gullinbursti tank in 2nd and 5th attack. I keep trigger Gullinbursti. Once I can fire my Little John, all enemy are much slow down. Zhabog help me to extend Little John’s ailment. And I can slowly kill them one by one.

3th against all S1 team with C2 Kelile tank, it is the worst board for today. She fire twice before I can charge my green. But again once I can fire my Little John, all enemy are much slow down and I can slowly kill them one by one.

4th attack against D’ Andre tank with Li Xiu flank and Kalo wing. It is longest and most annoy battle today. D’ Andre cleanse himself with his passive and flip my Little John’s reduce mana regen ailment. When I kill him, Kalo turn in to another D’ Andre. Enemy Li Xiu slow keep withstand my Little John’s reduce mana regen ailment and keep interrupt me. They take me to overtime but still win without much dangerous.

For some reason, the red enemy that I face most is C2 Kelile. I am not sure why. Maybe, it is because she is the current most team power 4*. Anyway, I still think her first costume version seem to be more dangerous than her second costume version. She is great but she isn’t very good in rush attack mode :smile:.

D : 70.7% (30+)

Still stay in A+ grade :sweat_smile:.

Against Franz, you really need cleanse. You should use C Caedmon or C Sonya. Without cleanse, when enemy Franz fire, it is very likely that you will lose.

5 Likes

I have, in general, done fine against Franz without a cleanser this week with two healers, but the Franz-Frank combo was too much in this battle. Not being able to have a cleansing healer option with Rigard on the shelf this week really limits my options on cleanser to cCaedmon (since I’m not running blue I won’t use cSonya). I have really liked running a double healer, so I’m reluctant to pull cbMelendor, but that would probably be the right move when I’m not facing riposte.

2 Likes

I am not very successful with that :sweat_smile:. Anyway, I know it is possible to attack against team with Franz without cleanser but it is dangerous to do that.

Yes, -44% def down and +50% damage receive will make any damage hit very hard.

C Sonya is good even you don’t use any other blue. She can charge in 6 tile which is very useful against heavy ailment enemy team.

I am also like to run with double healer with Mielikki as well in this tournament but occasionally use one healer (with Mielikki) against some specific team. For example, that team with Franz-Frank combo.

Do you still use this team ?

I think you should swap “Bellerive and CB Melendor” to “C Kiril and C Sonya” in some attack. Both C Kiril and C Sonya can charge in 6 tile. C Kiril’s atk down is also reduce enemy damage by a lot.