⚔ [25 Sep, 2022] - 179th Raid Tournament - 4* Rush Attack, No Dark/ Purple's

Going w this.

I have a soft spot for Anastasia

Going to go with this

3 hours until the start of the tournament. Are your heroes, especially Wu Kong, in their correct costume? :grin:

Forget to post as I am busy with the tower :sweat_smile:. I will go with this defense.

Mielikki + Zhabog will make Li Xiu charge faster. And attack down from both C Kiril and Mielikki will make Li Xiu harder to be killed.

1 Like

I don’t really have many 4* with Emblems. Those I would use would normally be purples (cRigard, Proteus, Tiburtus, Ametrine, Ahhotep)… So to be honest I went with kind of random “stupid” teams which actually ended up working out great.

Day 1
O: 5-0
D: 3-0 (A)
Score: 3,230

Defense: Gullinbursti / Sapphire / Gullinbursti / cLi Xiu / Jott

The first 4 teams I faced all had yellow tanks and some yellow flanks.
The first 1 I thought I was surely going to lose to a Hu tao tank, he went off about 6 times and even though I had some tiles and specials, they missed a lot, I constantly seemed to have blind on all my heroes, it was frustrating. I had 3 of my heroes die so fast, I was left with my 2 healers below:

Attack Team: Gullinbursti / Jott / cKiril / Sapphire / Scoratek+9

I used that team for 4 matches but then the last match had cMelendor tank with a Buddy, so I decided to switch it up.

Attack Team: Gullinbursti / G Falcon / Boldtusk / Wilbur / Scoratek

6 Likes

Offense… 4-1
Defense…0-0, not tested yet

Two of the teams I faced had Griffin on the right wing. I had Sumitomo on my attack team (special was active) and of course Griffin’s special bypassed it all and killed him.

But, neither of those was my loss. I got matched up in my final attack with someone (Level high-60’s) who had ALL 5 of their 3* troops at Level 20. Yikes, I thought.

However, I did not get a goose egg, and I’m in the Top 5% for the moment.

Good luck on Battle Days 1 and 2, everybody…and watch out for the team with the super high troops on defense. (It had Kiril and Boril, I don’t remember the rest, as I blocked it out of my mind afterwards.). Hopefully easier opponents tomorrow.

7 Likes

5-0 to start this week while running a pretty defensive team most of the time. Franz-Mielikki-Guli-Bellerive-cb Melendor. Melendor spent a lot of time sitting around fully charged because Everyone was over full health and Franz kept any buffs from landing, but his 6 tile charge helps make sure I don’t lose anyone in the first few turns before Mielikki gets everyone running at 6. Lots of long battles against lots of healers, but most of those were not in doubt after the first few turns.

5 Likes

Day 1:

D: 1-0

first, HUGE THANKS to @Liam_K for the reminder to leave Wu Kong in costume last night. just noticed it right before i went to bed and whew! almost didn’t. :sweat_smile:

one really close call today facing Gulli flanked by regular Wu and costume Wu. board was not very favorable to start, but eventually turned and i managed to take out Gulli and cWu before they did too much damage. The rest were fairly straightforward. Went with cSonya - Caedmon - cMelendor - LJ - Franz in most attacks.

Went with the D’Andre version of the D, only hit once for a win, we’ll see how it holds up during the week. Currently in 1% with 3317 points, rank 4050.

a good start! good luck on day 2 everyone! :shamrock:

4 Likes

4-1 start again. Went 3-1-1 in all my attacks with Wang Yuanji the constant overhealer. Faced 1 Green tank, 2 Blue, and 1 Red so mainly had a 2nd S1 healer who charges in 6 tiles (cBoldtusk, Melendor, cKiril)

The one Yellow tank faced was a nightmare team

My lack of a Franz hurt here, and with cSabina not allowed, I wasn’t bringing Mist. Tried a Blue team (Anton - Wang - Xiahou Dun - cKiril - Sonya). Wang did her best to keep the team alive, but once Franz fired, the wing Gullinbursti wiped everyone out for a zero.

Hopefully the rest of the tournament will be more like the other 4 matches.

Trying out Wang and Bellerive for the first time in defense. No attacks so far

Good luck everyone. Beware of Golden piggies :joy::pig:

4 Likes

He has definitely been my MVP. Franz’s ability to shut down buffs has been more important to me than his damage boost so far. In addition to the riposte heroes, I had a Kalo pretending to be Sanngrior that I would still be fighting if Franz didn’t keep the stoneskin off!

1 Like

Checked my defense again, and it got defeated by a Level 94 person with troops all Level 15 or 16. Boo! So, 0-1 there at the moment.

Top 5% with 2774 points from my offense.

Thanks for the reminder about Wu Kong, @Liam_K . However, I don’t have his costume so I put Chao as my defensive tank.

Interesting to see how my defense will work versus attackers closer to me in power, troops, etc. I’ll see as the week unfolds.

4 Likes

So far :

O: 4-1
D: 0-0

Pig tourney and I can’t use Sabina. Not good :smiley:
I was experimenting with Zhabog today and even heroes with 4% mana bonus from emblems that aren’t S1 with costume/costume bonus charge in 6 tiles. But yeah, I used Ptolemy and Azmia in one of my attacks and they are same family, so no 6 tiles charge/bard bonus.
Lost against Wang Yuanji, Ferant, Gulli, Franz, CB Frank defense. I keep forgetting about Franz blocking status ailments and also Xiahou Dun would be good this tourney, but I haven’t leveled him yet, so he is 1/1. That minions dispel would definitely come in handy here.

I unfortunately own 0 Gullis… only missing 4* hero from all 5 seasons… and my C Li Xiu currnetly has no emblems so I tanked with D’Andre, full defense is - CB Grimm, Ferant, D’Andre, Franz. C Colen.

6 Likes

Offence is going good so far 5-0

Defence is 1-0
Anastasia-Franz-Ferrant-Xiahou Dun- Sun Shangxiang
i am not really good at strategy and synergy: but my thoughts were: ferrant for manacut on the reposte (and he´s deffinitly my best tank overall atm), Franz cuz he´s franz, Xiahou Dun and Sun Shangxiang for damage, Anastasia fills the position of some sort of “healer” due to her minions but her main purpose is keeping the passive of both Wo3K Heroes going to feed them HP and Mana :slight_smile:

Right now thinking i should probably have mirrored the defence but yeah as i said i am not really great at this.

6 Likes

Day 1

O : 3-2

Almost forget the tournament. So, I rush doing a first attack. Because of that, I make “few” mistake :sweat_smile: and lose in first battle.

1st attack against this team

The enemy team doesn’t seem to be dangerous. So, I want to test all 6 tile charge 4* team and go with C Melendor - Mielikki - C Kiril - Zhabog - Cillian in order. Here are my mistake that I make :joy:

1. Bring to mane healer against multi-overheal defense team
  2. Not bring Guardian Falcon to flip enemy C Kashhrek buff.
  3. Not bring Mist to block enemy C Kashhrek buff, Ferant, Gullinbursti or Kalo.
  4. Not bring Little John to slow down enemy.
  5. Not use normal version of Kiril to flip enemy Kiril.
  6. Bring minion summoner against enemy Ferant and put dispeller in the first spot. (I will explain why this is bad idea :joy:.)
  7. Try to kill Kalo which is absolutely impossible with my team.

Here are what happen in that battle.

The start board is a bit bad but turn quickly. I kill enemy C Kashhrek tank after he fire 2 times. Then realize I get stuck :joy:. After I kill enemy C Kashhrek tank, I focus on killing Kalo (which is absolutely impossible with my team. :joy:). Since enemy C Kashhrek is dead, now Kalo is like another C Kashhrek. But the only different is, Kalo have 5-hit stoneskin when he fire. It doesn’t seem to be a big problem at first since I have minion summoner. Minion can easily eat that stoneskin. After few turn, all my heroes have x3 layer of Mielikki minion. Then this unexpected thing happen.

Enemy Ferant fire. Whenever Mielikki minion hit enemy with Ferant counterattack, my that hero get mana cut. That mean almost all my hero get mana cut every turn :joy:. And since the minion hit from left to right, my C Melendor at the first spot always get manacut :joy:. In fact, this problem can be fixed. Each hero with Ferant counterattack can mana cut only first 5 hit. If I hit him with 5 tile, he will not mana cut any more in that turn. But while I was doing that attack, I focus on Kalo too much. So, at that time, I decide to wait until they slash and kill all my Mielikki minion but without those minion, I have another problem. Since without Mielikki minion, I need 5 tile to hit enemy Kalo before firing my Zhabog and Cillian to kill him. The tile usually hit and trigger enemy C Kiril constantly. Since I have no hero to flip or cleanse the attack down, it make me unable to kill enemy Kalo. I only once manage to reduce his hp to about 400 but he heal back so quickly :joy:.

After many turn, I give up and focus on killing enemy Ferant instead. The battle go to overtime. I do manage to kill enemy Ferant but I don’t have time to do anything else. I lose because of time up :sweat_smile:. In fact, I might be able to kill enemy Gullinbursti if I have more time but there is no way I can win that battle. It is absolutely impossible to kill Kalo with my team after I kill C Kashhrek tank. The only way that I can win with my team is that “I get good board and kill Kalo before C Kashhrek tank before enemy Ferant fire” which is very unlikely situation with only 2 red stack :sweat_smile:. After I kill enemy Ferant, Kalo is now C Kashhrek + Ferant which is impossible to kill with my team since he can both heal and cause mana cut problem and have 5 stoneskin :joy:.

This isn’t the first time that I have minion vs Ferant problem. But I forget about that because I am too rush to do that attack :sweat_smile:.

I have to accept that I lose because I make “few” mistake :sweat_smile:.

2nd, 3rd, 4th I change my team a bit by replacing Cillian with Little John. It work well. The board is average to pretty good and I win all 3 attack.

Then I face this top defense in 5th attack :joy:

The combination of Gullinbursti, Franz, Kalo and Aodhan is the best defense in this tournament.

I decide to go with risky team, C Melendor + 4 red and wish I get red or green tile. The board is full of purple and yellow with a diamond of both color at start. Enemy C Gullinbursti fire follow by enemy Franz. Then there is no tile under enemy C Gullinbursti to make him fire again. The enemy C Gullinbursti buff end with Franz ailment deal 1000!!! damage to all my heroes. I lose quickly in that battle :joy:. I can only get 3 green and 3 red tile. So,

I should go with green team since Little John can slow enemy down. But there will be no different since there is no much green tile as well.

Overall, having Zhabog doesn’t make much different for me since I don’t have any top heroes in this tournament like Gullinbursti, Franz, Kalo and Aodhan :joy:.

D : 6-1

Li Xiu tank with double atk down flank seem to work very well :slightly_smiling_face:.

7 Likes

Think I’ve found my attack team vs Gullinbursti tanks. 3rd match was against a cKiril - Franz - cGullin - Maheegan - Bellerive team. Decided to follow @u2371 and gamble with a 4 Reds team cBoldtusk - Wang Yuanji - Ferant - Cillian - Aodhan. Originally planned to put cColen in as well, but switched to Ferant last minute because I prefer the survivability and mana cut from slash hits.

It’s a highly board dependent tactic but worked today. Kept hitting cGullin with tiles and he fired twice, overwriting the first before it unleashed the hits. Finally killed him with Red tiles and then Franz suicided on Ferant’s riposte. Wang’s overheal was enough to keep my heroes alive.

Next up was a double piggie team, cKelile - Gullin - Gullin - Li Xiu - cKiril. This time the board was not as good and Wang died early, but had just enough Red tiles for cBT to heal cKelile’s fire damage since I don’t have any cleansers. Kept the 2 Gullins charging as well before the 2 Slayers slayed them. Li Xiu died from Ferant’s riposte and was pretty easy after that.

The other 3 matches were more straightforward against cWu Kong, Tettukh, and cKiril tanks. Went 3 Red vs Tettukh and 3 Green against the other 2.

Defense is still looking at goose eggs on Day 2

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 4-1 0-0 (C) 2659 500 3159
2 9-1 0-0 (C) 6512 6512

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

Day 1
D: 5-2 (A)

Day 2
O: 3-2
D: 1-0

Total
O: 8-2
D: 6-2 (A, A)
Score: 6,339

Match 1 I lost was Azmia tank with Franz and Gulli flanks. Azmia went off 3 or 4 times, I had no hope unfortunately.
Match 2 was Bellurive / Franz / Scoratek / Gulli / kalo

I eventually killed the tank in each, so got 116 pts in them both but I really had no chance unfortunately.

6 Likes

O: 4-1 (9-1)
D: 1-1 (B)

Argh! I missed my first match in the one I lost by somehow making a three tile match instead of a four tile match which meant the second match (already on the board) only got me to 6 tiles instead of 7 to charge Guli and Bellerive. I then got no more holy and only one green match until the battle was basically decided.
Fat fingers.

This was the team:

A solid team which gave no room for matching errors. Otherwise my Franz-Mielikki-Guli-Bellerive- cbMelendor team continues to plug along. Slow but effective.

6 Likes

Day 2:

O: 2-3 (7-3)
D: 4-1 (A)

Quite the rough day on offense today, i blame it partially on a lack of coffee this morning and not thinking through my offense a little better. :sweat_smile: Gullis everywhere, though, sometimes two at once. Some misplays on my part too. I should have brought regular Kiril to counter cKiril and have a non-dispelling healer against a double Gulli team, similar problem for a Kalo - Franz - Gulli team. The hardest team though was Bellerive tank with Ptolemy and Wang flanks, Zhou Yu and Junaid wings. i took out Bellerive easily enough but Ptolemy and Wang were a brick wall i just couldn’t get past. it didn’t help i lost my LJ very early also and had no way to slow them down. none were zeroes though.

D doing pretty well! I really wasn’t sure it would be enough damage without Aodhan but i guess it’s ok. currently in 5% with 5906 points, rank 39582.

i was hoping i’d do a little better in a 4* tourney but may be another short week for me. good luck on day 3 everyone!

3 Likes

Day 2

O : 5-0

Go with Little John - Mielikki - C Melendor/Guardian Falcon - Zhabog - C/CBKiril or C Caedmon in all attack. The enemy team is much easier today since I get 2 lose yesterday :sweat_smile:. They are mostly S1 healer defense team.

1st attack against C Kashhrek tank. Use Guardian Falcon instead of C Melendor as I learn from yesterday and I don’t need dispell in that attack.

Only one team with Franz tank but without LB in 3rd attack. Go with Zhabog + 4 green and win :slightly_smiling_face:. The overall board is average to pretty good today, so 5 win :slightly_smiling_face:.

D : 13-3

Defense reach A++ grade (80%+) :smiley:.

Li Xiu tank + double atk down flank seem to cause much problem for attacker :smile:.

Yes, I see no other way when I face enemy Gullin + Franz defense :smile:.

I think Ferant is risker than C Colen. If you charge Ferant after enemy Franz, the story will be very different since Ferant skill will be useless and you don’t bring cleanser. However, if you charge C Colen after enemy Franz, C Colen skill still work as normal.

5 Likes

I just don’t see a point of playing when my def is not getting attacked.

1.5 days in, still 0-0 again.

Offense is poor, but I just don’t care… when the main color I always take is always non-existent in tiles, I, again, don’t see much point.

O : 7:3
D : 0-0

I’m not continuing this one.

6 Likes