⚔ [23 Aug, 2020] - 70th Raid Tournament - 5* Rush Attack, No Ice/ Blue

This was my logic behind putting BT as a tank…

1 Like

I’m not quite sure what the thinking is…

Why Alby at flank?
QoH is the beefiest but is in line for the most tiles, so she’s not going to waste too many specials.

I’d debate that Marjana at tank… She’s not really a tank, but she’s beefy by sniper standards and rogue at +18 is going to bring in the odd dodge.

If those are the best options (what else is on the table?) I’d probably reorder to:

Alby - Zim - Marj - QoH - Seshat

1 Like

Besides telly, who would you tank? Here’s some of my 5s that could be considered…

Other reds are very limited 3/70 khagan, Elena, 1.01 Noor
@BubblesUK here’s other options

Well I have exactly 6 maxed 5*, one of which is Lepus so not allowed. If I use BT+14 as tank and run two purples it means I’ll either have to put Malosi on defense (terrible waste), or run three 4* on defense because Telly anywhere except tank isn’t a good option this tourney.

So… what I’ve put up there is basically the least bad out of all my available options. Otherwise my defense would be something ridiculous like Mist+14, Ursena+12, BT+14, Jabber+6, Malosi+0

No blue and very fast and protects all for 1 or 2 turns. Then Alby keeps it going. Mana boost to charge the team every 2 or 3 turns.

Blacky can be nullified by Malo, the Queen can’t. Blacky can be dispelled, the Queen can’t.

1 Like

Telly anywhere isn’t a good option in this tourney.

I’d absolutely run Malosi before her, even with his limitations.

Only greens I’d even think about running would be wings - resurrectionists, snipers or AoE damage.

Green at tank is really asking for trouble.

Malosi can one shot Queen’s card minion, so that protection won’t last long, and afterwards she’s just a tile dump.

I might try Anzogh at tank, ok AoE and healing could get very annoying if he goes off multiple times.

Not likely… He’s pillows by sniper standards, and she’s got buff against specials on top of that.

He’ll contribute, but he’s not knocking it over on his own.

Malosi on defense basically amounts to a tile dump, or at least that’s what I do when I raid teams who put Malosi on defense. If I did away with Telly my only option would be Mist+14, Ursena+12, BT+14, Jabber+6, Malosi+0 which seems way worse to me but that’s just IMO.

Thoughts? What do you all think of this defense?

I’d much, much prefer to face the telly defence than that.

Against the Telly defence I can bring my reds at little to no risk on a mediocre or better board and I’ll quickly have my ghosting hole down the middle… And remember, at vfast, a ghosting hole early on is game over for the defence.

Against the Ursena defence, I’ve either got to risk it with yellows (and because vfast, if I don’t get the tiles early, your defence wins by default) or I’ve got to try and run reds which have no tile advantage so it’ll take me longer to get my ghosting hole - and I’m likely to take 260% in the face first.

1 Like

Swap Elena and Viv, mayby Alby and Heimdall, too.

Pretty ugly to face… It’s a bit passive with two resurrectionists and a healer, but Alfrike is chaos if she fires.

Got any other options to replace one of those wings? Preferably some firepower.

Also like your first lineup the most! Good balance of buffs, DOT, def down, cleanse, snipe, the works hahaha. Would dread to face your team :wink:

1 Like

I’d lick my lips for any of them…

Free ghosting hole down the middle with relatively few red tiles.
Telly just isn’t punishing enough in vfast, especially without Vela - no risk to stack against her and massive rewards once she’s down (especially because it’s vfast).

Telluria is going to be the one big mistake a lot of players make this week.

I’d stick with my earlier suggestion, personally.

Some great heroes maxed there, though :slight_smile:

AM I GOING INSANE???
IT SURE FEELS THAT WAY!!!

Talk to me…

1 Like

Yeah I still wouldn’t wanna fight 16 node tells with my 4*s lol - but agree tell is not the best for this tournament. Do think 16 node tell would still fare better than unemblemed slow options. But would imagine kunch might be more punishing tank at vfast?

Remind me what that was PLEASE! Lol Seriously. And ty for the compliment! C2p and I wish I had some of the heroes that are flirting with me in ToLegends

1 Like