⚔ [10th Mar, 2024] - 255th Raid Tournament - 4* Bloody Battle, No Ice/Blue

Day 3:

One of the most rewarding tournament days I’ve had. First 4 matches had really bad starting boards that took forever to turn favorable. You know it’s bad when you keep staring looking for any other match than the one off-color match the game is suggesting.Having to decide whether to dump off-color tiles into C2 Kelile and let 3 get burned 3 or do the same with C2 Li Xiu and risk not being able to fire the hero you need to take out the next hero to charge.

I let C2 Kelile burn me and survived by generating thorn minions to offset the burn.

The closest I came to losing was against a C2 gormek tank. He’s deceptively good as a tank because he should be able to fires at least twice which does quite a bit of damage to your team.

I started the day in 4th place (I saw you @jwilsonsaid!) and moved into 2nd after being 15-0. There’s a couple who might bump me, but I’ll still be in the top 10.

Defense has been attacked about 20 times and is at 74%.

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

11-0 on offense at the moment and defense is on 8-2 at the moment.

I am using only 1LB heroes and I am quite surprised I made it so far with zero losses on offence. So quite enjoyable at the moment, but I suspect it will grind to a halt soon.

2 Likes

Survived Bloody Wednesday with a 4-1 record. Gormek’s 2 costumes came into play today. The minion-killing one against Mielikki and Anastasia teams, and the dispel one against c2Cyprian.

The single loss was against a Toon Li Xiu tank flanked by Toon Caedmon and Anastasia. 2 Waddles sat waiting in the wings. Was too tempting not to use a Purple stack against a 4 Yellow defense. Attacked with cCaedmon - Arges - Ametrine - Shar’Khai - Waddles. The tank fired once before I killed her. Then made the mistake of dropping tiles into Anastasia to put her in 2nd charge. The damage and fiends were too much. Killed her with some tiles so had some measure of revenge :rofl:

Faced my first c2Cyprian tank in the last match. Went back to 3 Yellows + c2Caedmon and c2Gormek. The tank fired once but c2LX’s Superior Jinx + c2Gormek’s dispel took care of the riposte. Wasn’t too troubled in the end.

Defense dropped to C yesterday but is back up to B today. Still on target for a top 5% finish at least.

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 5-0 1-1 B 3,671 650 4,321
2 9-1 3-4 C 7,729 500 8,229
3 13-2 5-4 B 11,512 11,512

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

As expected, I’d run in to some full 2LB teams at the end. Second to last was a Kalø problem though…

2 Likes

No medal this week, ended a very long day losing after 14 wins.

It was the third c2-Cyprian tank today, this one with c2-Chao and c2-Li Xiu flanks, c2-Caedmon and c2-Kelile wings, so a fast defence. Turns out this works a charm against a bad board that just won’t get better.

The most fun today was accidentally pressing the Attack button and finding myself facing one of my alliance members who copied my own defence (posted earlier in this thread). Turns out it was nowhere near as difficult to beat as I thought :wink:

Also took out a defence tanking and flanking maxed c2-Colens. Makes me nervous with ”only” two c1-Caedmon to cleanse, him being green and Colen hits green extra hard. I guess if you don’t get the tiles you burn. Then again, this is true for this whole game :grin:

Fingers crossed for those of you still undefeated :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

@yorkaturr , today I had an honour to fight with your defense. Unfortunately, I couldn’t record whole fight, just did some screenshots (below).
I hope that it didn’t spoil your defense grade.
Thanks for the fight and good luck!

Screens
  1. Managed to charge my heroes before yours…

2. … then Cad is ready to cleanse…

3. … and the last Gormek

4 Likes

Still in today, Day 4 which is good.
I fought the same guy twice in a row, the first time it was a super easy win because I had yellow diamond instantly, but the second was tougher, I thought I was going to lose, but I won.

I lost my 5th match but only JUST, I ran out of tiles unfortunately, and then it was their Colen and Caedmon vs my Caedmon, I killed Caedmon and almost got their Colen, he was at 293 health, but I killed 4 at least. They had a wing Wu Kong, his monk ability blocked/stopped BOTH my Li Xiu AND Waddles, otherwise i would have won this match.

Day 4
O: 4-1
D: 0-0

Total
O: 17-3
D: 10-9 (B, B, B, B)
Score: 15,495 (Top 1%)

3 Likes

Nice! I wish I had the aethers to 2LB my 4* heroes so I could present a decent defense, but you know, priorities. Luckily attacks are 18-2 this tournament, so probably will end up in the top 1%.

2 Likes

Day 4
O: 4-1 (16-4)
D: 10-3 (D/B/A/?) DDWDWWWWWWWWW

Lost to the first Lionstring tank I’ve faced. In hindsight, I should have stacked 3x red and gambled on a decent board. As it was - their c2 LX fired before mine, managed to kill 3 but Zhou Yu’s fire minions bled me out before I could finish them off.

Given that my defense has had an epic rebound, I’ll buy back in for tomorrow. Top 1% at the moment and hopeful I can stay there if I have a decent Friday.

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Started off facing a c2Li Xiu tank flanked by c2Cyprian and Ferant. After some thought, ended up attacking with 2-1-1-1 cCaedmon - Arges - c2Li Xiu - Ametrine - c2Gormek. Was a tough battle as I couldn’t get c2Gormek charged and Yellow tiles weren’t triggering the Superior Jinx. Ametrine died but got Arges to 3rd charge which was enough to win it.

The other 4 matches were relatively easier despite facing 2 c2Cyprian tanks and a couple of Toon Li Xiu and Caedmons. It helped that Yellow tiles were abundant and I could get Anastasia to 2nd charge. Once she put her fiends on the defense, it was usually a matter of ghosting tiles and outlasting the enemy heroes. Against Toons, it was hit and pray that Waddles and c2LX would get their ailments to stick.

Defense seems to have settled in the C range (9-12), Good enough for top 1% at the moment.

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 5-0 1-1 B 3,671 650 4,321
2 9-1 3-4 C 7,729 500 8,229
3 13-2 7-9 C 11,512 500 12,012
4 18-2 9-12 C 15,777 15,777

Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

I’m still hanging in near the top with an undefeated offense at 20-0 and an 82% defense.

I’m currently in 4th place with half the day left and expect to be between 4th and 6th.

I didn’t face a team worth more than 746 points so the gap between me and the top 3 widened. They will have to lose for me to pass them.

Life has been hectic the last couple days, so I’m not complaining about having a comparatively easy day today, even if the teams were worth less.

4 Likes

Finally got toon Li Xiu up to level 80 and it was time for a test drive. Was really fun seeing the Resist pop up against c2Caedmons and c2Li Xius.

Faced a couple of crazy defenses today, especially this one.

Attacked with 2-2-1 team of Anastasia - Ametrine - tLX - Arges - cCaedmon. Killed the middle 2 and then had the pleasure of tLX cutting the mana of the c2Colens just as 2 of them were about to fire :grin: Anastasia on 2nd charge followed to chew them up with her fiends.

Defense won its 13th just an hour before the last day started to reach B again. Easy top 1% this week.

Good luck with your last attacks and with the loot tomorrow :four_leaf_clover: :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Top 1% secured :slight_smile:

Off: 22:3
First 3 days 4:1, so i need to go without lost last 11 fights if I dont want to spend gems.
I used this team:

Mist and Mulgog are litle bit squishy, but I dont have AE to spend on 4*. Only monster Li Xiu and Caedmon get them :slight_smile:

Def: E/B/A/A/? 69%
Offcourse I start the first day with 0:1 :frowning: After that all goes good :slight_smile:
This is my def team:

In defence I think mana cut from Li Xiu is more important.

Score : 20175
GL

5 Likes

Tournament is over for me. This was a pretty solid run. Defense was A - B - B - A

@Dudeious.Maximus proof of 25/25:

10 Likes

Got knocked out so i bought back in

Day 5
O: 3-2

Total
O: 20-5
D: B, B, B, D, D
Score: 18,561

5 Likes

Congrats on the 25-0, Gabriel!

3 Likes

Day 5: O 4-1 (20-5), D 13/3 (D/B/A/A/?). Should be able to bank an A for final defense so 19600 expected score. Should be ok for a top 1%

4 Likes

Finished the week on 24-1 in attack.

Congrats to @Fishy who is in the number 1 spot right now! Love it when the contributors to this thread do well :heart:

I did get to meet you in my last match today, but with this opening board I couldn’t really lose…

Good luck all with the loot tomorrow!

5 Likes

Fingers crossed I can hold on! My defense is falling due to great players like @jwilsonsaid but is still at 76%.

Here’s the defense I used:

I used the same offense for every match. I usually do that and while it could be unorthodox it’s served me well.

I attacked with C2 Gormek, Toon Caedmon, C2 Cyprian, C Kelile, Ametrine. 3 dispellers even against Li Xiu silence and Colen burns. I just didn’t like the cleanse options.

@Dudeious.Maximus here’s my 25-0 proof

8 Likes

@Dudeious.Maximus Yay, my 8th 25-0 medal :smiley:.

Day 1-5

O : 25-0

Go with C Mielikki - Hansel or C/C2 Caedmon - x3 yellow(C/CB Kvasir, C2 Li Xiu, Waddles) or x3 purple (CB Tiburtus - C2 Cyprian - Shar’Khai) in all attack. I found that Shar’Khai is also good for raid tournament too. He is good choice to fight against Toon Li Xiu tank who almost have 100% chance to resist any ailment :smile:.

D : 55.6% (30+)

I go with this defense.

Get A for day 1-4 but defense drop to B for now.

I am in the top 10 for now but I think I will drop out because B defense :smile:.

8 Likes