Zynga shut down 11 games thus far

It’s possible that the main asset Zynga is looking for in SG is not E&P, but SG’s analytics infrastructure.
If successfully applicable to the whole Zynga gameverse (or even just a fraction of it) it could prove worth billions :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

some play for free
some pay to compete

game will run it’s natural course like every other game

some people truly have too much time on their hands for these type of conversations… there’s bigger problems in life and the world than some match 3 puzzle game. hop out of fantasy land, get offline, get a life, take the game for what it is, and chill…

3 Likes

So? This happens all the time, with more than just games.

Remember Lotus 1-2-3? It ruled the spreadsheet world for years. Before that was VisiCalc, which I’m sure most of you have never heard of. VisiCalc basically invented the spreadsheet program – and did it for the Apple II.

E&P is safe as long as it is profitable. Once it becomes no longer the most popular app in its genre it will become less so.

I may not even be playing anymore at that point. It is trying my patience with the congestion and the new costumes. As it becomes more and more commonplace for me facing 5000+ teams I become less and less invested.

2 Likes

The “too much time on their hands argument” has even been used for global warming activists.

You are right: people with spare time are more likely to foresee things people immersed in their real life can’t.
That’s why governors fear them.

If only contributions to this discussion were made by persons convinced to be elves, dwarves and adventurers in their real life instead of engineers, economists and statisticians you would have a point.
Instead it’s just a clone of an approach used by french aristocracy before they started bowling with their heads.
Too bad curling wasn’t a thing at that time: it would have been so more appropriate with those wigs :relieved:

3 Likes

There’s been a slew of new patent applications filed by Zynga. A source sent me a tip. I couldn’t access details just a list. And there seems to be a few in 2021 alone, though not all applicable to this game.

Some have been granted to Zynga. That’s another brand new mint.

3 Likes

either way

it’s just a game.

games start, grow, die.

it happens lol.

guess what will also happen?

people will move onto other games…i know it sounds mind blowing but it does happen…

btw SG originally had expected this game to be active 5 to 7 years

we’re creeping up on year 5

maybe it’ll make to 7. maybe it won’t. either way, people got their fill of enjoyment, spent whatever they felt was worth spending, sg fulfilled it’s goal of making profit and hitting it’s goal, so why the big uproar?

the sky isn’t falling. i know every day people pipe up like it is but it’s not.

played the game today, i’ll play the game tomorrow, day after etc. and eventually when whatever happens happens that makes the either less appealing or impossible, well then i’ll find something else to do besides play the game.

such a miniscule deal but here we are in an online thread talking nonsense that’s pretty irrelevant to life…

4 Likes

Why do you do it then :laughing:? Basically you are doing exactly what the ones that criticize SG/ Zynga are doing. Just that your target is not SG/ Zynga, but their critics.

2 Likes

Whenever I see a thread like this I can’t help thinking someone seems to have a vested interest in making sure this game does go down the tubes, or at the very least in hurrying it along.

1 Like

Funny you mention mafia wars. That was actually the first game I played online. Man, I loved mafia wars. It was done so well for a long time. Initially, the new content and power creep was fun. I enjoyed it a while, but it just got to be too much. I quit the game after realizing it was pointless to try. I later heard it was shutting down and it made me sad for those that were still involved. True to form, I found a game I love in E & P, only to discover later Zynga had its hooks in it. I see many parallels to how the content and push is being handled. I can only hope their investment makes them tone it down a bit after the last payout. They have a way of pushing to the limit.

5 Likes

I found a nice comfy idle RPG game that I don’t have to spend much time on. Zynga is branching out to idle RPG and was eyeing that very same game. I uninstalled the game.

4 Likes

Your belief that we are discussing just this game, here, makes you the proverbial beholder of the finger that points at the moon.

What’s at stake is a world where games are driven by pure analytics rather than the genuine offer of a universe of wonders where to evade from the stress and greed that drives our lives.
The difference between choosing among what you are offered and asking what you want, something doesn’t apply just to games.

Thanks for offering your simplicistic and parasite approach to people who have proven time and again to have superior education and deep understanding of the world: it’s likely they missed the use it and throw it away when done approach.

This “game” is a billionaire industry.
Of course it attracts vested interest, at the very least by competitors :wink:

I can see why you did it :no_mouth:

6 Likes

Makes me wonder… Since small giant is selling E&P to Zynga, will we see a new RPG come from Small Giant Games?

I know they have Puzzle Combat but I mean a E&P reboot?

:heartbeat: 20 hearts and heartbeats

2 Likes

PC is supposed to replace EP as the new cash cow for SGG.

(post deleted by author)

It was the 4th most profitable mobile game on Apple/Google last month with 27M in purchases. Don’t hold your breath on it going anywhere any time soon.

ETA: corrected below, number 4 in Gacha games, not all mobile. And this is by gross, of course. So profitable is the wrong word, though profitablity is implied.

2 Likes

Bro I’m in your alliance man. Yeah I hope your right!!! I’m chris.uffu

1 Like

This has been a fun search.
I think this one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/iosgaming/comments/dfr2ay/top_5_the_most_profitable_mobile_games4_regions/

Was my favorite read. Ragnar_Dragonfyre gets my vote for making sense.

I’ve looked at 20 different websites and they all have different leaderboards,
Not one of them has E&P on it…
PUBG was on all of them, however

Where is this information?
I would like to reference the sources validity if you don’t mind.

Statista lists sources.
No E&P there either

4 Likes

Ah, sorry, number 4 in Gacha category. Still, 27M.

1 Like

The mistakes present themselves immediately:

Which isn’t abnormal for Reddit.
You may as well get your news from Facebook…

But,
I suppose averaging $17 per player isn’t a terrible stretch. They probably did haul that in :man_shrugging:t2:
Pretty crazy…
Astonishingly,
Bat :poop: crazy!