Zulag – 5* Dark/ Purple - October 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

I made this video as soon as I got her, as you can see, my purple team isn’t the strongest in the world lol, and she was just at level 2-60, but I made just for fun, and i’m using her a lot in the wars

6 Likes

I will say…I used Ares non-stop when raiding 3-2 for the longest time so I’m quite curious to try her out as well

2 Likes

Awesome! She sounds very good for attacking at least.

1 Like

Awesome video @Rafa_Correia03! Calling in @Noble_Weasel to check it out too. :+1:

:beers:

2 Likes

Ares still being a hero that I want, very useful for attacking, Zulag makes your team hard to beat

1 Like

Yes, certainly she’s not the best option for defense, but a very strong support hero for attacking, she’s just waiting a damascus blade then I’ll finish her

Thanks bro, yes she’s a very strong support hero for attacking, i’m almost finishing mine

I was excited to put her on Def as tank over Telli but remembered Malosi is available and would be a 100% counter to her. So i agree she is better for attack or even titans

1 Like

i think the clarissa special def helps alot. because the zulag def up special def up doesnt seem to lower damage enough for me to keep her,also she clashes healing wise costume rigard.

1 Like

Malosi is the perfect Kunchen counter - v fast vs Kunchen’s slow, also resists defense down just like Kunchen. The thing to keep in mind is, Kunchen resists “normal” defense down, but not elemental defense down. And thus, my yellow stack for raiding Kunchen is Jackal+18, Malosi 4/80, Mist+18. Two yellow matches and I’ve already neutralized the most dangerous part of his special, then the 1-2 punch from Jackal+Malosi means Kunchen usually is <20% HP and can be finished off with a yellow tile or two. Sure he’ll punish you on a bad board, but that goes for every tank, and he’s far from the most punishing.

1 Like

Same here. I used to dread Kunchen until I got Malosi. Now, I just dread a shortage of yellow tiles.

3 Likes

I decided to go Alfrike first and leave Zulag on the bench. My primary reason is that Zulag has more competitors for Paladin emblems than Alfrike competing for wizard emblems.

Er, honeybun, he’s not going to receive that call without a wee edit (missing space!).

3 Likes

That would be cool if one had Malosi :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

Yes, this girls work fine together, I would love to have a Guardian Panther, who knows this next Teltoc :pray:t2:

Alrike, Alrike, she’s our (wo)man. If she can’t do it, no-one can!

She would be great on PVE levels. Automatic A on defense in rush tournies and almost automatic offense wins, and possibly in great in in some war formats. Ive heard conflicting things in regards to titans and and raids, but I think if you don’t mind slow heroes you very effectively use her in raids. And she looks like a lot of fun to use too

2 Likes

@Vixx “riding the bench” ? Would you like to rephrase that? Harhar, #pottyhumour

Forgive me for butting in, @Wholf, but I’m wondering, @JonahTheBard, how you are liking Zulag as your tank? I’ve got her up and coming as a potential replacement for my Brynhild +19, but the one time I faced her, she wasn’t especially dangerous. Might have just gotten a good board, though.

I was using either Anzogh+10 or Gullinbursti+19 before and I haven’t seen much movement either way since switching to Zulag
I think I still need to work on the team around her. I want to do more damage from over her shoulder.

I’ve played with her a bit on offence and she isn’t great, as expected.
On ToL I used her on a mid level team with elk and Leo on the wings as they self heal, and that was ok.

6 Likes

So here was my plan for defense that I posted on another thread. Is this the kind of team you’d like to build around her?

I think Zulag could be the best potential tank on my roster. The big argument against her at tank is being able to be dispelled, which means she would essentially do nothing. And that would suck badly… But here’s the thing that finally occurred to me. Not all colors have reliable dispellers. Red doesn’t have any, that I know of, and yellow really doesn’t either. So if I could incite the attacker to bring these colors, I can increase Zulag’s effectiveness.

So I’m thinking about a down-the-road defense like Vela - Lianna - Zulag - Poseidon - Marjana. No emblem conflicts, so all should be emblemed very highly. Stack against Zulag, you are weak to Poseidon, and you probably don’t have a dispeller in your strong color. Stack primary or secondary against Lianna, and you also don’t have a dispeller. Stack against Poseidon and you are weak against a very tanky tank, although I suppose you could dispel her and target the wings first. Also, the natural counters are Mist and Malosi, who are strong against Zulag and could prevent her special from attaching, but as you said, every hero has a counter. At least those relying on mostly classics won’t have these heroes.

Would like to hear your thoughts based on your experiences with her. Also, if you want to move this discussion to the Zulag thread, feel free.

3 Likes

Cookie Settings