Zulag – 5* Dark/ Purple - October 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

She might become usefull with the new war rules… We’ll have to see.

3 Likes

Fair point actually. Quite a few heroes who weren’t rated on their first appearance have turned out to be useful further down the line (Grazul a case in point; arguably Grimble another). I’m thinking SG wouldn’t have made her ridiculously weak just for the sake of it, whatever the cynics say, so they probably have something in mind for her. Anyway, I’m always happy to have got another HOTM for the collection, even if it’s only another option for early TOL rounds. She just won’t be raiding my tabard collection very soon.

3 Likes

Got her on my first pull of the month, and I love her especially her special I think she can make my Heimdall or my Alfrike a really good defensiv tank if i flank her and Sif

2 Likes

I did some pulls thinking Glenda was the hotm this month. It was disappointing when Zulag popped up. She is definitely not on the list for maxing. Really couldn’t find a use for her when testing her on beta. I can confidently say, unless she is changed to hit like killhare and heal all for the damage dealt, she will remain at 1-1 indefinitely.

1 Like

I am going to do just some free pulls this month. Not waisting any gem as there is not any upgrade for me if I get this heroe. I prefer 100 times rigard costume. Fail of a heroe this is.

2 Likes

Sooo Murphy’s law! Absolutely zero intention of pulling regarding Zulag, but bought Atlantis deal to stack my gems caz’ of November Valhalla. Yeah, you can imagine. Got 100 Atlantis coins, pulled one, got a BONUS DRAW! “Hurray!” :smiley:
I find Zulag a worse version of Aegir (who is already not a good hero). To put it in perspective, there is Telluria, Clarissa, Heimdall (class), she’s got a pretty weak element link (imo), an almost useless resist and a ridiculously counterable special (at least Aegir you have to dispel, that’s not the case here, you can simply avoid using specials on those buffed heroes).
Can’t think of a HotM who is weaker right now from this year. *sad face

2 Likes

Could be tried in an attack stack in buff booster tournament. Otherwise useless.

I’m not normally one for bagging heroes, but it is pretty hard to find a use case for her. She would be a tile sink if in tank, and as a flank her heal would be too limiting. On offence she may work, but again the fact that its not for all is a bit limiting. I imagine you could build a pretty near-invinclible team if you had 2 of them, in flank positions, and the other 3 being damage dealers (something I am considering trying out with my second brynhild in the future when I have spare resources and time)… but probably not worth trying to build a team like that

3 Likes

Another useless hero.

1 Like

Got her as my first HoTM yet and now I’m debating her or sartana…as I got sartana from tc20, I see alot of negative stuff here but at 80 having almost 800 def and 1433 hp she’s a tank, do I see myself using her meh not sure yet… would I see myself using sartana definitely… though it’ll be interesting to see how tester’s and reviews come out in certain scenarios… but between her and King Arthur for paladin emblems… Arthur is getting

Sartana all the way.

2 Likes

OT (sorry)

Despite regretting maxing Kunchen, it may ease your burden for you to know that Kunchen is the ONLY hero in this game for me that’s an automatic reroll.

I can handle Telly tanks fine, Alby/MN revives, Black Knight boosts, etc. etc. etc. but the only hero that makes me nervous is Kunchen.

Even when he’s not at tank i still hate him. My entire offensive strategy is utilizing a 1-2 punch from defense down heroes and him having that innate ability crushes me. By far best innate ability for a tanky hero. That plus his strong heal and giving me defense down is a pain but the worst part about him is not giving him defense down so it’s soooo much harder to find a way to kill him.

8 Likes

As for Zulag:

One, her art is disappointing. There is a level of badass-ness that gets applied to rare, epic, legendary heroes and the art for this hero tells me she is an epic hero. There needs to be just something a lil more added to her persona

As for her ability, I just had healers who do not heal the whole team. I don’t want to sacrifice another hero on my team for a second healer and i don’t want to risk losing my wings incase it’s a long battle. Choosing a hero like this without a second healer means I must absolutely be on the offensive and cannot lose a single turn to a bad board. I must finish them off before they can hit me back. As we all know, boards suck and that rarely happens. I’d rather have the same amount of fire power but be comfortable knowing that my healer can save my entire team and not just 3 heroes.

1 Like

Zulag Hero Review:
Tanky – Weak to dispels. Only tank position.

Zulag in Offensive raids
Nope.

Zulag against Titans
Nope.

Zulag Hero Grade/Rating
Titan – C
Offence – C
Defence Tank – B
Defence Flank – C
Defence Wing – C
Defense Overall – C
Tournaments Rush Attack – B
Tournaments Buff Booster – A
Tournaments Bloody Attack – B
Overall C/B

seeing this review , not really want to chase her…one is enough, more than one just transmute them in ha 20…

2 Likes

I get it. Average speed vs Slow. And I have 2 costumed Rigards myself. But I use Kunchen ALL the time. He was my forever tank until I switched recently to Telly. With his emblem mana bonus and/or mana troops he is much faster. And devastating. Love me some Kunch!

4 Likes

Said to a teammate of mine that she feels like the defensive version of Ares. Both Paladins. Average speed, tanky, regen for her and nearby. Instead of an attack buff and a crit buff for nearby she gives a defense buff and a defense buff vs specials to nearby. The innate ability is a bit ridiculous, but I do dig the element link with the minions when using in a dark stack. Overall I’m in no rush to max her, but I don’t think she’s terrible.

3 Likes

Kunchen is useless defensively especially after Malosi got released. I think the best use for Kunchen now is offensively Rush attack tournament. Similarly, I think best use for Zulag will be Buff booster and Rush attack no-yellow tournaments.

I think Zulag should have a “resist dispel for self and neighbors” like Brynhild. Or else you can just easily dispel Zulag and she only heals 153 hp for 3 lol. If I ever see Zulag tank, my go-to will be Malosi.

2 Likes

Looks like defensive Ares or slightly better Aeron. She won’t getting tabards in my case as purple is my strongest color and she will have hard time to compete with Clarissa, Kage or Ursena. Like her design though.

2 Likes

Can we atleast get next HOTMS with minion element link, including Zulag to have minions switch to 0 attack and 10% Hp?

This way, they wont loose time attacking titan and they will atleast intercept one slash attack.

Otherwise, this element link is more hindrance than benefit

2 Likes

If this is absolutely true, then my defense wouldn’t have maintained cups in mid diamond even at 4300ish…

On topic, wouldn’t consider using Zul on defense, neither could she displace C-Rig on offense…

2 Likes