Zocc – 5* Nature/ Green - August 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

Zocc is solid. I have him maxed and trot him out every war and on some raids.
I just dont target monks ornclerics and tbh it’s pretty easy to do. Average mana ain’t so bad esp when I run him with Telly another avg mana hero.
There’s are several easy ways to offset slower mana speeds and tbh ppl that whine about average or slower heroes just dont know how to use them. Period.

2 Likes

Exactly, unlike hansel. Even if the fully charged target loses half its mana, it still does normal damage afterwards. But MA is different and complete uses one turn of the target

Well that’s not true. Monks and clerics can still shield against Hel’s mana block.

I feel that Zocc really works as a combo extender rather than a mana controller. he’s good at what he’s doing as a standalone, but with certain heroes he really shines as a gamechanger.

• Paired with heroes that deal high damage depending on the target’s mana, you use zocc to purposely feed mana to deal maximum damage with atomos or captain kestrel
  • Feed mana to blues or yellows and make them fire faster, but prepare mitsuko/ursena beforehand with their shields, or even riposte. But because of mindless attack (MA) this is only a gimmick strategy ironically reserved for blue and yellow attacking clerics and monks, or against Grazul/Poseidon who have ailment effect/shields to resist the MA
  • Even has a strategy with onatel. Feeding mana to the target, onatel can drain that mana away, charge up on the same turn to fire a turn faster

He’s a really fun hero to play if he’s not restricted to MA.

2 Likes

It is true, preventing Hel’s mana block is not backfiring, it is resisting. Zocc backfires in that his special will cause a benefit to the team/hero he is attacking. If Hel’s attack is resisted, it does not benefit the unit hit.

Yes, the cleric and monk resisted the mana block. If vivica is about to fire and it’s only up to hel/Proteus to block her mana, but vivi ends up manashielding the mana block and she fires her skill anyways. That’s vivica’s benefit and doesn’t that count as backfiring on hel/proteus’s part? It’s wasting their skill for no benefit
Even if Vivi gets mana blocked for three turns and you can’t kill her fast enough, she’ll just fire her skill in due time because mana block doesn’t sap mana away, mindless attack does. That’s the difference.
Any forms of Mana control always has a risk to it. It’s a high risk high reward mechanic.

Zoc needs to Hit harder, or be very fast mana, or be able to bypass monk/cleric talent to guarantee his effect. Otherwise he is just a soft hitting bad hero.

1 Like

It’s been awhile since I’ve heard anything positive or negative about Zocc. Still deciding whether or not I wanna level up the little guy. So I’m wondering how people feel about him now?

Does the 50% mana increase to the enemy mess things up, as predicted by the naysayers?

OR

does it come in handy and do what it’s supposed to do regarding mindless attack?

I’m using him regularly as part of my green stack in all my wars, and some raids. The 50% mana increase absolutely comes in handy and has very rarely backfired on me. If his special is used on a fast or very fast opponent it is quite easy to get that opponent to do 2 mindless attacks.

He is generally good, and is particularly good on blue titans. Against ninjas he is exceptional as ninja on the 2nd or 3rd mana tier will lose all the mana. It is not worth using him until that level as a ninja on first mana tier is not a threat

8 Likes

He needs to be buffed…His mana speed is a Week point,Makkng him Fast îs the best option…and the “when mana is full” that moment Makes him week,he needs to make the opponent mindless 3 turns…not only when they have mana full…

@Atem

You mean he needs to be buffed, right? Buffed means to make better/upgrade; nerf means to downgrade.

4 Likes

Buffed,sorry…i ll change in description

1 Like

Now that he’s been out for a few months, what is the consensus on this little green guy? Should I give him my six flasks?

I like him, I use him in my green mono and he does a pretty good job there. He is particularly effective against blue titans - decent damage the titan causes to itself,plus the loss of an attacking turn is big. Very effective as mana control against PVE bosses, particularly ninjas - you can take a tier one hit no problem, save him to deplete tier 2 and tier 3 ninjas which sets them back a long way.

As awlays depends on your roster, but he has my tick of approval

6 Likes

He is also very good in very fast tournaments and wars :wink:

3 Likes

After careful consideration, I’m about to level him too. He works well with any green stack from what I can see and is the best option for a green 5* I have available!

1 Like

Zocc was absolutely the man (goblin?) of the match in the final level of S3 easy. His special comes into its own when you have one super strong boss with a super powerful special that relies on a super slow mana bar.

I wil admit I died a few times trying to bludgeon my way through before figuring out I could use Zocc, at which point it almost became a cheat mode.

Oooh I’m almost there. Hopefully my 3/70 zocc will be enough but if I have my Alfrike +8 along the two of them should keep him tied up

1 Like

I’ve fully leveled Zocc to 4:80 since I posted a while back about using him at 3:70, and I’ve begun giving him emblems to make him even more robust. He’s been a great addition to my green lineup of heroes. He’s not the hardest hitter but he’s great for forcing the mana on defense heroes to trigger when I want them to. Keeping the likes of Heimdall, Alberich or Mother North from casting has been a game changer, as well as manipulating tanks. I can’t always get him to fire before the tanks, but when I do I can easily take the tank out. And often if they do fire at least once, they never see a second firing. Zocc takes a bit more planning to use, but he is a life saver more often than not.

7 Likes

Glad to see Zocc is finally getting some love! :wink:

4 Likes

Zocc was my first ever obtained 5* hero so I might be kind of biased, but with my limited 5* roster I find him extremely useful. So many times he has “saved the day” with a perfectly timed hit against an opposing hero that would have possibly wiped my entire team or negating mana from the opposition’s healer.

Anyway, for me, he’s always a go-to

2 Likes