Zocc – 5* Nature/ Green - August 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

I believe in 3-2 stacking. If Kunchen is flanked by blues I’d be likely to bring at least 2 greens along. Given that my other 3 are nearly always purple it would make sense to go 3 greens using Zocc instead of Proteus. Make Kunchen fire before you’ve knocked much HP off his team and when your cleanser is ready, so that he either wastes his heal and debuff by using them too early or does mindless attack instead. Either way he’s out of mana and you haven’t lost much if any ground.

Ooohh, just met him in a raid. He attacked my Blacky who was already charged. Hilarious.

1 Like

A “beast”? Oooh, I don’t know about that, @diesdas

But I’ll give her another chance inspired by you. I have a potential spot on my green team.

1 Like

I ascended Kadilen instead.

2 Likes

The problem with Zocc’s special is against a titan the skill is wasted if you keep hitting the weak spot. If the titan is stunned, he doesn’t attack, so you just end up charging the mana and the titan attacks you after the skill wears off…

2 Likes

Another vote for Grazul.

Thank you Zocc. Grazzy blocks mindless attack, but Zocc charges an enemy.

I met a Zocc tank paired with Noor and Raffaele. Raffa seems to be the only good HotM of the last 3 Month. Noor does… hmmm… nothing. Nice tile grave. Zocc charges the enemy. What? Maybe on attack…

7 Likes

I pulled him, gonna max him cause no other prospects (just finished a gobbler if that sums it up), but seems to me he should just activate mindless attack when the enemy has 50% mana. Just can’t get on board the SS Give the Enemy Mana. Does not seem legit.

2 Likes

Well that was just bad zocc placement. Zocc in Def should always be the unexpected hitter. Like guardian gazelle, he should never be placed as tank. This actually makes me wonder if ranger would make him much better because ranger bypasses defensive buffs. Does that even interact with MA?

1 Like

I got Zooc at maxed. Very underated inutile, waste of leveling up. I have not seen him triggered mindless attack at all in 13 games. He died easily.

1 Like

Learn how to use him properly

2 Likes

@Homaclese

That’s rude and there’s no need for it. Apologize.

Constructive criticism is welcome. Rudeness is not.

5 Likes

No, that won’t happen. Someone putting a bad name on a hero because they personally don’t know how to use him is detrimental to the community at large as it will discourage people from investing in a hero that can be of great benefit to them.

The statement wasn’t that “I haven’t been able to use him effectively”, it was “Waste of leveling up, he died easily”. The former I would have jumped in and provided help and guidance. The latter gets rightful scorn.

4 Likes

Got him yesterday.

Useless on defense. I am already seeing AI targetting someone with Debuff protection or Clerics/Monks.

On offense though, he is an upgraded Merlin. Question is whether it is worth the 4* mats. But if you’re like me and your unascended green heroes are only Elkanen and Horghall, why not?

His special looks cool though. Also:

8 Likes

You can make him fast quite easy. At fast speed he is very good on offense.

2 Likes

This is actually true. He is rogue, so 8th node is a mana one, and with that and Lv17 mana troop he is charged in 9 tiles. Still not quite fast, but considerable improvement given the match-3 nature of the game. Did same with Sif.

2 Likes

Is he total garbage? No…but he definitely isn’t worth the mats to fully ascend.

I feel like he should be very fast mana, or keep him average and make his damage 185 but hit 3 atleast that’s impactful. Hitting 1 person…meh

1 Like

I tried Zocc yesterday and I find him quite underwhelming… his special is risky against monks and clerics, he deals very little damage… However, his real drawback is average mana. Given his little direct damage (300% is quite low), he is clearly designed to be used in attack to prevent enemies in defense to fire their special. Unfortunately, several times Zocc dies before reaching full mana charge. The simplest fix would be make him fast mana so the drawbacks (monks and clerics gaining advantage of mana increase, little damage dealt) are not that predominant. I think he is not worth ascending as he is now

3 Likes

Pulled two Zocc, they will stay at 1/1 without a buff. One of the worst HotM yet. He is horrible against those that can resist the mindless attack, his off/def stats are meh at best, his 300% hit damage is absurdly low especially with a low attack stat, he only targets one unit and is average. I have way better green heroes to ascend first.

Make him fast, boost his damage to 500% or make him hit 3 units. Even then he’ll be just okay. With his current stats he is worse than a non-costumed S1 hero.

2 Likes

Actually I would like for his attack to be applicable on allies or enemies. On defense his behavior would be even worse due to impredictability, but on offense he could be really interesting in some combos, for example with Grazul …