šŸ¼ Zhuge Liang ā€“ 5* Holy / Yellow from War of the Three Kingdoms

Iā€™ve recently pulled Zhuge, Papyros, Kara, and cPoseidon. Iā€™ve got enough darts for 2 heroes. Unless thereā€™s a change to Zhuge or Papy, Iā€™m going with Kara and cPoseidon

Papyrus was a tank in 3 kingdomsā€¦ He was surprisingly formidableā€¦ The passive made a difference.

That fiend absorbs massive amounts of health. Zhuge Liang is meant for drawn out battles

The 1 shot dead minions are what are most frustrating. Tuck them behind huldas minions and those two minions are really carrying a hell of a load.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I feel he is grossly underestimated all the time. He is the support to your support basically. Whenever I see him on defence, there is a genuine fear when facing him. Almost psychological. When your boards are bad, this guy is a slow and painful death sentence when he fires

1 Like

Maybe im not seeing the greater usage of him, but im comparing him to Lu Bu who is also slow.
I mean, Lu Bu does 295 damage upfront, and gives fiends that block ailiments. Sure, they are not as buff as Zhuge Liang, but still.
If his minions was a little bit beefier, like 15%hp. Or the minions acted like mini ferants, or the fiends where a little bit less beefie but acted like Lu Bu s fiends, he would be for sure be used a lot more.

3 Likes

Haha!

Multiple ā€œandsā€ up there, as if this one by itself is not enough. Let aloneā€¦too much!

The great populous of these posts
Is why balance issues are not entirelyā€¦
The fault of SG

When your boards are bad, everything is a slow and painful death, and many things are a fast and painful death.

To me, Zhuge Liang is a hero whoā€™s in there to dilute your good pulls. Much like Salmon Loki or Exeera, however in the Wo3K pool of 5*. Vasty underpowered compared to the remaining 5* in this portal. Iā€™d say that Lu Bu is also a somewhat disappointing hero from this portal, although arguably better than this card reincarnation of the Sleeping Dragonā€¦

5 Likes

I like my support heroes to be fast though. Hanitra and kadilen, or motega/Anastasiaā€¦even dolgoon. Find 3/1/1ā€¦ I need my support heroes to help me survive until i turn the board around.

I tend to agreeā€¦ The booby prize of the group. I do want to try him in conjunction with gargoylesā€¦ I do think that is a mix that works.

Iā€™ve met him once and he did a number on me. Yes, he depends on heroes heā€™s paired with, but with right heroes he can be rather problematic. His fiends can withstand one healing from Vivica and co. - if heā€™s paired with other fiend summoners they can quickly rob you of your healing. I imagine heā€™ll pair nicely with Lu Bu. But I agree his minions are weak and heā€™s weakes of 3K heroes so far, though heā€™s definitely more useful than Exeera or Salmon Loki, as he can consistently block healing at least. I would say heā€™s niche like Esme.

I ran into him and lu Bu up front in the 2/3 formation. Moving tiles and couldnā€™t find anything, so they fired. The fiends together I think weā€™re over 1500hp. He had other minion summoners, so Zhuges minion weā€™re protected behind others. The counterattack isnā€™t high right, but man it chips away at you, especially if the minion is protected. I had a serious problem with them. I donā€™t see them on defense really at all, but my few experiences have been bad lol.

2 Likes

I make a point to play him every time i see himā€¦ I havenā€™t lost to him yetā€¦ But i also havenā€™t had a really bad board against him. Thatā€™s not trueā€¦ I did lose once, but he never died. It was the rest of the team that killed me.

1 Like

Greetings colleagues, since this hero zhuge Liang came out, I said that he needed an improvement because he is very passive, his demons do not define births and his Minions do not either, so he does not need any benefit that makes him worthy of wanting to catch him in the porting like the others in the family .

If this guy doesnt get some love before the next W3Kā€¦ i dont know what SG is doingā€¦ 4 realā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m with you in this one: I also pulled Zhuge Liang and Papyros, two very similar yellows and at the same time very bad heroes.
Their special is very similar to that of Salmon Loki in my roster:
ā€œThe owner of the card is blocked on summoning when the hero is featured. SG loves giving dupes and unuseful dupes are SGā€™s worst jokeā€.

1 Like

So minions are now at 18% and reflected damage is at 65%ā€¦ Is that enough to warrant him being placed into the starting lineup? I want to say yesā€¦ Maybe not on defense, but in a minion team with pengi Xnolphod motega and maybe someone else.

2 Likes

The minionā€™s health of all these Chinese heroes have been telly levels of terrible. So doubling that health is a buff in the right direction. I think heā€™ll be more terrifying on defence as a support as well

2 Likes

Iā€™m giving him darts nowā€¦ I really liked him at 3.70 in one very fast warā€¦ But now Iā€™m out of emblems for himā€¦ So he canā€™t be a main guyā€¦

1 Like

The demons had to prevent boons from being placed like lu buā€™s with that and the fixes they made would have been perfect, but itā€™s still lame.

1 Like