šŸ¼ Zhuge Liang ā€“ 5* Holy / Yellow from War of the Three Kingdoms

he is really bad and not worth the darts

no damage or aliments, very low minion hp and generic fiends that donā€™t do anything special

motega is more flexible, much better minions and fiends and very good passive

5 Likes

I think heā€™s going to get a buff for sure. The minionā€™s health is so low for a slow speed skill

3 Likes

Yeah he definitely needs bulkier minions and/or a secondary affect with his fiends :thinking:

4 Likes

I agree that Zhuge is really bad in this shape. Funny thing is I also have Motega and I maxed him but before the buff he was just terrible and now heā€™s decent but not super powerful. I regretted giving him darts, the only ascension material I lack. Itā€™s so frustrating I got this one and not any other hero in this event. I want slow hero to make some SERIOUS impact, when I manage to charge him and thatā€™s not the case. His minions are only 1% stronger than Motegas in original state and they got oneshoted by normal attacks from enemyā€™s defense so you can imagine how ridiculously weak his counterattacks will be. :unamused:

2 Likes

I will pray for that. :blush:

And one more thing, I wonder how this counterattack works when hero with this minion gets hit by tiles. Im pretty sure that in case of special skill it returns 50% of total damage but in case of tile attack I suspect that the minion who will be destroyed by the first tile of strong color would only return 50% of damage done by that one tile, which would be super bad.

And he doesnā€™t even deal skill damage, I legit donā€™t know how he got out of beta in this state. Minions are too weak, fiends kind of exist. No base damage, only meant for pure support for a slow hero. This has Noor vibes written all over.
But 869 defence when maxed. Has any hero reached that amount of defence before?

Weak counterattacks? :rofl:

6 Likes

Everyone in Beta said he needed more, suggestions were made but it appears SGG think Zhugeā€™s special is strong I guess?

I sometimes think they donā€™t play their own game :laughing:

6 Likes

Seeing your video & above screen-shots, I wonder if people complaining have played with Zhuge Liang in the game OR are simply giving views based on theory / reading hero card details ?!

• Hearing about this would be helpful

Expecting base damage with all heroes might seem assuring but may not be required.

Eitherway, I will take the dude to 3/70 & play to get first hand idea too!

2 Likes

Spent a lot of time in Beta trying to get him to work, but was continually underwhelmed.

The counterattack on his minions create a one-and-done effect, so yes Octros hitting all of your heroes will punish Octros, but only Octros. Then you have no more minions, and the only other effect is some damage being caused by Fiends which have no ailment attached.

Not saying Zhuge is useless certainly, very few heroes are, but he isnā€™t a particularly great hero at Slow speed.

9 Likes

OK, Now I understand the issue better. Thanks !

Well, the above shared video shows that ZL has use as part of a team, though the team in video was a super powerful one, which I also have, so it will be interesting to see how my direct experience is.

However, from the details spoken, seems that he isnā€™t much as a stand alone, which I suspect will be sorted before next Wo#K portal to make him more juicy for pullsā€¦ same as SG did for other event heroes (Villains / Starfall) !

2 Likes

1 time counterattack on a slow hero and requires strict timing is weak.

by the time you have him charged to summon 5 minions, you already won without him making a difference in the result

a sif or even justice would have been a better choice over him

5 Likes

I now faced this hero in battle and must say not really what I expected from 3 kingdom heroes after all this buzz in the beta beat topic.

The speed is awkward for what he doesā€¦

This is a bad S1 hero with a mediocre costume nobody talks about (unlike kadilen, magniā€¦)

Fast speed. Direct damage. Riposte.

So riposte with 85% on 3 is higher damage output than 50% on all.
And unlike the minions which are dead after 1 Aoe hit, obakan can kill one after another.
So better riposte at faster speed.

Damage.
Obakan does around 250-300 hp damage each at fast speed. Those fiends did to me around 40hp damage.
So Liang needs longer to charge and after that another 6-8 rounds to deal the same damage via fiends.
So also weaker.

Those fiends steal heal, and those minions are (super weak) meat shields.
Those are the two things Liang does better.

To be honest, I was not that much impressed but Iā€™m looking forward facing the other w3k heroes :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Agree. A mono team with healer & two over healer / hitters AND a regular flow of holy tiles to charge up multiple timesā€¦ isnā€™t a realistic example
coz
Many of us play different team combos. I use 3-2 or 3-1-1 most times. Rarely do a 4-1 for fun BUT never play mono.

So with that in mind, got to find his use, if I want to use him :rofl:

3 Likes

i was very vocal in the beta to have him buffed and shu minions too.
at least the counterattack got increased a little but still underwhelming.

my guess he will get the same buffs as motega later when the event comes again

3 Likes

Maybe if he introduces another buff that he takes the full damage instead of the minion for 3 turns. So it keeps the minion from dying and it keeps the counterattack. It also helps synergies with the minions of this family who have quite interesting effects that are worth protecting.

2 Likes

My 2p is, Iā€™m guessing the minion counterattack will improve with new heroes down the line. I also wouldnā€™t be surprised, as mentioned, to see the minions buffed like the magic heroes. I wrote a post on him here for anyone interested. I think thereā€™s some useable aspect to the counterattack minions, but Iā€™m not convinced itā€™s worth a slow charge.

@ sergione22, thanks for sharing the video!

6 Likes

Yes, but Motega stinks for VF. This guy is great for VF. Niche? Yep. But better for VF if thatā€™s what you need!

2 Likes

I am very excited with this one and Exeera as my last 2 especial heros, really i am very happy

3 Likes